Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[Champion Suggestion] Mizuko - The Water Child (very detailed)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tawaru

Recruiter

05-27-2014

i quite like her playstyle, but something with akali ain't right... enemy? shen-kennen-akali are roaming the world with three of em, akali can't be her enemy if she wants to join. the water idea is quite awesome ideah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VNRG

Senior Member

05-27-2014

Quote:
Tawaru:
i quite like her playstyle, but something with akali ain't right... enemy? shen-kennen-akali are roaming the world with three of em, akali can't be her enemy if she wants to join. the water idea is quite awesome ideah.


thx for ur feedback,
na, she is not an enemy, they are just rivals, like in school u know? they trained together, so they wanna beat them to get the top ninja


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tawaru

Recruiter

05-27-2014

Quote:
VNRG:
thx for ur feedback,
na, she is not an enemy, they are just rivals, like in school u know? they trained together, so they wanna beat them to get the top ninja


yea that fits more :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VNRG

Senior Member

05-30-2014

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheZainTrain

Member

05-31-2014

She is a very situational champ; generally having a champion that relies all on one ability to hit isn't a good idea, in this case she has to create water to do everything.

Also her [R] doesn't really fit with the assassin role since she has to activate it twice which is essentially a channel ability and glass-cannon assassins don't really have the time for that especially end game when an ADC can end you in a two crits and doesn't seem to have much use in a teamfight, only really in a 1v1 situation.

Just some things to think about. Still, the detail is nice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VNRG

Senior Member

05-31-2014

Quote:
TheZainTrain:
She is a very situational champ; generally having a champion that relies all on one ability to hit isn't a good idea, in this case she has to create water to do everything.

Also her [R] doesn't really fit with the assassin role since she has to activate it twice which is essentially a channel ability and glass-cannon assassins don't really have the time for that especially end game when an ADC can end you in a two crits and doesn't seem to have much use in a teamfight, only really in a 1v1 situation.

Just some things to think about. Still, the detail is nice.


thx for ur feedback!

well what about yasuo? all his skills relies on his combos/knockups, too

yeah, she is a (very) high risk, high reward champ, cuz u need 100% master her to play her decently,
but with 2 skills, where she can create her own water on the land, she should be viable, that is why i made her q with a short cd too

the 2nd point, i kinda cant fully agree u,
yeah, assassins need to do tons of dmg in a short time,
but there are glasscannon assassins, too, who got "channel" abilities, like riven and zed, or arent they asassins? :P
both and mine got like a buff ultimate, to deal more dmg or to gapclose,
riven got an ad steroid + aoe, zed got a gapclose + a mark dmg, which pops after some seconds,
mine is like something between of them, aoe + gapclose with her e


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheZainTrain

Member

05-31-2014

Zed and Riven don't have any channeled abilities, plus Riven isn't an assassin...

All things considered I guess the fact she can make water at hand is ok, but it still feels a bit gimmicky, kinda hard to describe, like she relies heavily on one mechanical feature.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VNRG

Senior Member

06-01-2014

Quote:
TheZainTrain:
Zed and Riven don't have any channeled abilities, plus Riven isn't an assassin...

All things considered I guess the fact she can make water at hand is ok, but it still feels a bit gimmicky, kinda hard to describe, like she relies heavily on one mechanical feature.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass.


dont worry, i understood u, so u called my ultimate as a "channel" ultimate,
but the mechanic is the same as rivens ultimate, like 1st ult giving a boost,
for riven it is an atk speed steriod,
for mizuko, it is an ms boost + more dmg for w + more room for her e,
2nd ultimate is damage,
for riven it is an aoe with a huge boots, but short range,
for mizuko it is a smaller aoe than rivens but more range + slow,

maybe u thought/didnt understand my ultimate, cuz after using the first ultimate, ofc u can move,
there is no channel time, just after 1 sec, u can press the 2nd ultimate,
so over all the concept of her ultimate is like 1:1 in comparisons with rivens ultimate, but with other effects

Ps: well riven is a fighter AND an assassin (secondary role) cuz she can do tons of dmg in a short time to = assassination ,
it is like ahri/syndra and co., who are described as mages, but as assassins too, like riot said, cuz of there huge burst within seconds


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youmu Kompaku

Junior Member

06-02-2014

I do am impressed with the amount of work you put in the creation of this champion concept. Congratulations to you !

As for the question regarding her AD or AP scaling. I would say AP. All of your descriptions refer to water, swiftness, invocations ; it gives a feeling of delicateness, just like the sea ; followed by a sudden burst of damage, just like the tempest. I can't imagine it being AD. I just can't. She fits much more in the Akali - Diana line than the Talon - Zed one to me.

I like very much the passive you chose her, with the interaction with water ; this is the kind of unique feat we summoners like in new champions. Plus it makes her a great midlaner to roam with.

As for her kit, I am quite unconvinced I must admit. First because it is hard to imagine what it would look like in game, which makes it difficult to judge ; but second and more importantly, I feel there are little things she can do in the laning phase. Her Q has a low cooldown, but her W can be used only once in a while and her E is a dash, thus not to use in every situation. Maybe I am wrong, but her ultimate being a real one, with a real cooldown (unlike Akali and Diana's dashes) ; and her spells being limited to one that can be spammed, I fear she could feel a bit boring in the laning phase.

But once again, I cannot really say ; because I have great difficulties to imagine what would her kit feel in game.

Anyway, congratulations again for the hard work you put in this champion suggestion =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VNRG

Senior Member

06-02-2014

Quote:
Youmu Kompaku:
I do am impressed with the amount of work you put in the creation of this champion concept. Congratulations to you !

As for the question regarding her AD or AP scaling. I would say AP. All of your descriptions refer to water, swiftness, invocations ; it gives a feeling of delicateness, just like the sea ; followed by a sudden burst of damage, just like the tempest. I can't imagine it being AD. I just can't. She fits much more in the Akali - Diana line than the Talon - Zed one to me.

I like very much the passive you chose her, with the interaction with water ; this is the kind of unique feat we summoners like in new champions. Plus it makes her a great midlaner to roam with.

As for her kit, I am quite unconvinced I must admit. First because it is hard to imagine what it would look like in game, which makes it difficult to judge ; but second and more importantly, I feel there are little things she can do in the laning phase. Her Q has a low cooldown, but her W can be used only once in a while and her E is a dash, thus not to use in every situation. Maybe I am wrong, but her ultimate being a real one, with a real cooldown (unlike Akali and Diana's dashes) ; and her spells being limited to one that can be spammed, I fear she could feel a bit boring in the laning phase.

But once again, I cannot really say ; because I have great difficulties to imagine what would her kit feel in game.

Anyway, congratulations again for the hard work you put in this champion suggestion =)


first of all thx for ur big feedback and support!

well, i let it open, cuz it is like 50:50, cuz some ppl wants her to be ad, and some (like u) as ap^^

let me describe her playstyle, maybe after that, u can imagine her:

laning phase vs range:

at lvl 1 like zed, i would choose to pick q first for the poke,
at lvl 2 u can chose w for the wave clear or if u want to play aggressive take e,
so if u are comfortable with the aggressive playstyle, u can kill the opponent even at lvl 2 i think, like:
lvl 1 q harass to 2/3 or even 1/2 hp, at lvl 2 q + immiaditely e + ignigte if needed = kill

at lvl 3 with your all 3 abilities unlocked, u will do a surprisely amount of burst damage,
cuz ur w is doing doubled dmg on the water, and if u time it well, u can do it twice, like:
first charging w by hitting some q's, then q+e to her + w + do some AA's to get charges to get another w

and after lvl 6 there will be more room for combos, i left some more basic combos with his kit,
maybe u should read it again ^^

but over all, she is kinda "weak" pre level 6,
cuz it is kinda hard to get used to her kit, but i think, in the right hands, she becomes very powerful even pre 6 with these combos which i described,
she is kinda like yasuo, trash yasuo gonna feed, pro yasuos gonna get fed