Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Mizuko - The Water Child (very detailed)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VNRG

05-11-2014

Note:
It is a Repost, cuz the last title was little bit weird and now I am looking for cool fanmade Ability Icons/Splash Arts.

Hey guys,
first of all my English is not perfect but last night i've got an idea for a new champion.
So let me introduce my concept to you:

The Champion will be a female ninja named Mizuko (meaning: Water Child),
who will use 2 sai daggers and water skills, which will and can interact with the river on the 5v5 map, too.

(By the way, dont forget that this is just a concept.
So please, give some balance suggestions about the numbers of her abilities and
I don't know if she should deal magic or physical damage. So suggestion please!)

Quote:
Stats (+X per level):

Health:
445 (+85)
Health Regeneration: 6.5 (+0.65)
Energy: 200 (+0)
Energy Regeneration: 50 (+0)
Attack Damage: 50 (+3.4)
Attack Speed: 0.694 (+3.1%)
Armor: 17 (+3.5)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
Movement Speed: 335
Range: 125
Type: Assassin (AD or AP)

Note:
LOTS OF PEOPLE CAN'T READ CAREFULLY, HER Q-SKILL + ULTIMATE CREATES HER OWN WATER WHICH SHE WILL BE VIABLE ON THE MAPS, TOO!!!
SEPERATE BUFFS COULD BE DONE THERE, TOO, LIKE HIGHER MS BUFF OR LONGER WATERFIELD DURATION.
(Sorry for caps, but it is very important for me that u fully understand her kit. )

Quote:
PASSIVE Water Restoration

If she is on the water,
1. her energy regeneration will be increased by 50% (50 + 50 : 0.5 = 75).
2. she will gain bonus Movement Speed.
The effect on the river is halved and both can stack, if she creates on the river her own water.

Bonus Movement Speed (flat):
On her own created water: +40
On the River: +20
Own created Water + River: +60

Note:
Now lots of people would definitely complain that she would be too OP due to the baron and drake control.
But hey, +20 on the river is like an additional small item (in comparison boots gives even +25)
and she will get only +40 or +60 in total, if she steps on her own water,
which means, that the bonus Movement Speed is based on a limited area.
I.c.w. (In comparison with) other Champions they've got unlimited area like Udyr, Blitzcrank, and so on.
So in order to distinguish her water areas, her own water shall be light blue.
By the way she is not the only one who has this type of passive effects (Nidalee + Bushes).

Quote:
Q Water Slice

Active (no cast time):

She uses her swords to perform a cross cut, which create a water wave.
The wave will damage all enemies on the line and create a water field behind the wave for 5 Seconds.

Type: linear Skillshot, small AoE
Damage: 80/115/150/185/220 (+90% bonus AD) or (+65% AP)
Cooldown: 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 (cannot be affected by CDR)
Cost: 70/65/60/55/50
Range: 1000
(i.c.w. Nocturne's Q: 1125; Zed's Q: 900)
Missile Speed: 2000
(i.c.w. Ashe's W: 2000)

Note:
Basically it is a mix of Zed's and Nocturne's Q-Skill with an exception,
that the enemy won't create an additional line after they got hit by her skill.

Quote:
W Rotation

Passive:

Every time she lands a basic attack or a skill on enemy champions, she will gain Charges.
Basic attacks gives 2 Charges, Skills gives 1 Charge (Maximum: 7 on all ranks)

Active (can be only used when the maximum amount is reached):
She performs a rotation for a very short time (0.25 seconds)
and deals damage on all enemies around her. The damage is doubled, if it was used on the water.

Type: Melee, small Aoe
Damage: 50/75/100/125/150 (+80% bonus AD) or (+40% AP)
Cooldown: 0
Cost: 40 on all ranks
Range: 350
(i.c.w. Katarina's W: 400; Zed's E: 290)

Note:
Basically it is a mix of Kassadin's E-Skill and Katarina's W-Skill and
additionally there should be water particles if she used her skill on the water.

Quote:
E Aqua Dash

Passive:

She can only use the skill on the water, which is connected with her.
Every time she gets a kill or an assist, the cooldown is resetted.

Active:
She will become fluid, where she will be untargetable for a very short time (0.25 seconds) to dash to the chosen location, which knocks enemy champions very softly (0.25 seconds) away.

Type: circular Skillshot, small AoE
Damage: 80/110/140/170/200(+40% Bonus AD) or (+20% AP)
Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14
Cost: 40 on all ranks
Range: 900
(i.c.w. Kha'zix' evolved E: 900)
Radius: 150
(i.c.w. Jarvan IV's E: 150)

Note:
Basically it is a mix of Vel'Koz' E and Kha'Zix' E and here is a picture, how her E-Skill works:

Quote:
R Mizuchi (name of the water god dragon) with 2 Actives

Cooldown
: 120/100/80
Cost: 0

1. Active (no cast time):
She marks the japanese symbol for water with her sai daggers on the ground to create a ritual.
The area becomes water after a short duration (0.5 seconds) and it will dissappear after 5 seconds
or it is no longer connected with her via water.

Type: Melee, great AoE
Radius: 550
(i.c.w. Amumu's R: 550)

2. Active (after 1 second):
After the ritual she summons a water dragon, who flies and dashes to the targeted location,
which create on a line a water field, deals damage to enemies and slows them.
The damage in the center will be the highest and the slow will decay over 2 seconds.

Type: circular Skillshot, small AoE
Maximum Damage: 200/300/400 (+150% bonus AD) or (+80% AP)
Minimum Damage: 100/175/250 (+100% bonus AD) or (+50% AP)
Range: 750
(i.c.w. Talon's E: 700)
Radius: 300
(i.c.w. Riven's W: 250; Orianna's R: 400)
Missile Speed: 1800
(i.c.w. Ashe's R: 1600; Varus' R: 2000)
Slow Effect: from 95% to 25%

Note:
It works kinda like Riven's Ultimate, the damage is like Hydra/Zigg's Ultimate
and here is a picture, how her R-Skill works:

Quote:
Strengths:
-very strong in the 1v1 Situation like all other assasines
-good utility cuz of her ultimate
-can assassinate someone in teamfights and get out of the situation cuz of the reset on her E-Skill
-become very strong on the river

Weaknesses:
-melee + squishy cuz she is an assassin
-depends very on her skills + combos
-kinda weak prelvl 6, if she cant land her Q-Skill
-can be locked down easily, if she cant use her E-Skill

Counterplays:
-avoid her skillshots, so she cant use her combo on you
-she can't escape, if she is not connected with water/doesn't get resets
-make sure to not fight on the river or just focus her
-lock down her with crowd control

Quote:
Some Combos

On lane prelevel 6:

Q (or basic attacks if avaible) to gain charges
Q to land on the targeted enemy
E immediately to lock down the target
W to deal doubled damage (but before, do 1 AA)
E to get out of turret range, if it was a dive

level 6:
R to have a bonus Movement Speed
E to lock down the target
Q+W+R to finish him
E to get out

If the enemy is out of range after the 1st R:
R to lock down the target
E to lock down again
Q+W to finish him
E to get out

On a long chase:
Q to have bonus Movement Speed
R to have again a bonus Movement Speed
E to lock down again
Q+W to finish him

or on a longer chase:
Q to have bonus Movement Speed
R to have again a bonus Movement Speed
Q to increase the ultimate water area, so it won't dissappear
E to lock down again
Q+W to finish him

and so on

Quote:
The Lore:

It isn't easy to grow up in a time of war, especially when there isn't anyone left to raise you.
But Umiko (Child of the Sea) was an exception to this:

At a young age her parents were taken from Noxus when they invaded the northern regions of Ionia, where one of those tribes lived who honored the water gods. The night, where they died, she swore by the water gods she would take revenge on those who took everything from her. She trained for years mastering the swords her father had left her: Two sai daggers was enchanted by the head of their tribe to bolster unimaginable magic properties.

Even she was still young of age, but hardened by the Noxian way of life that had been forced upon her and was gifted in the art of swordfighting like none before her: Able to move fluently like the water, never staying still. One day, she encountered a Noxian patrol outside the city borders during her training and decided they would be her first step to revenge. She faced no challenge, slashing through their defenses with barely any effort. Umiko chose to let one of the soldiers live to tell others of her, that she was the one who would bring Noxus to justice.

Soon people all over Ionia heard of the miraculous orphan girl who raised herself to be as strong and swift as a river, yet calm as a puddle of water in battle. Amongst them was Shen, leader of the Kinkou order. Shen had almost completed his training, chosen to follow in his master's footsteps and become a Shadow Warrior of the Kinkou. He and his master realized the potential threat this young swordsmistress could bring to the balance of things. They decided to find her and raise her to become a fierce warrior who knew to control her anger and strength.

But it was too late by the time where Shen and his master had reached her. The Noxians had sent an elite force led by lady Katarina herself to deal with the threat. The scene of the battle was bloody: only a handful of Noxian soldiers had made it out alive before Katarina had unleashed a flurry of daggers into the helpless Umiko. As she lay near the lake where she had sworn to take revenge on those responsible, her dying words were a plea to the water gods to give her the strength to fight another day. Her prayers were answered, but at a price.

Soon a giant water dragon awoke who called himself Mizuchi and had been dormant under the lake for years awoke, merged into Umiko, causing her to scream in excruciating pain before her wounds miraculously disappeared. Shen and his master arrived just in time to witness the event and decided to take her to the Kinkou Temple. She soon recovered and resumed training under the watchful eye of the Kinkou. She felt a power surging through her veins like never before and she was able to manipulate water sources around her, granting herself incredible swiftness. She named herself Mizuko (Water Child) as a connection between her former self and her new form. She trained amongst the likes of Akali, Shen, Kennen and Zed. She saw her greatest competitor in Akali, who had the ability to disappear even in the brightest daylight. One day she challenged Akali to battle for her title as Shadow Warrior. This would grant her the ability to seek vengeance on Noxus.

However the master didn't allow this to happen. He told Mizuko that she never use her abilities for anything other than restoring balance to Valoran. Declaring a war to Noxus in these times would lead to little success. Not long after that, Zed betrayed the order and left the Temple in ruin. Mizuko decided to go her own way shortly after and seek for revenge. The battle for Ionia was her perfect chance, but it slipped from her grasp as she hadn't applied at the Institute of War yet. She resumed training, focusing on nothing but her revenge. When she would join the League of Legends, Noxus would run in fear at her sight.

Note:
Special thanks to DW MAN I GOT DIS from EUW.

Quote:
Her look should be like that,

"Realistic" pictures:

Anime-like pictures:

Note:
These are just random pictures, which I have found in Google Pictures.

Quote:
Possible interactions with other Champions:

-Shyvana, where the soul of the water dragon appears like the Ultimate Skin of Udyr
-Shen, because he was her master
-Akali, maybe as a rival
-Zed, because he killed the father of her master
-Kennen, maybe as a friend/training partner/former groupmate

I hope, you enjoyed my suggestion and please leave some comments/suggestions/etc. below
and if you got more time to read another champion suggestion of me,
here is my new one:

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=18518627

Edit 1:
I added a second variaton of her passive

Edit 2:
I added "Counterplays".

Edit 3:
I added an important note to understand my whole concept that she won't be useless on the other maps.

Edit 4:
I took my 2nd variation of her passive over my 1st to have a better balance.

Edit 5:
I added an example for her Passive.

Edit 6:
I added "possible interactions with other Champions".

Edit 7:
I changed "Stacks" into "Charges", so there will be no cofusions.

Edit 8:
I added new "realistic" pictures because I kinda got hated by "anime-like" pictures, which i can't unterstand,
because like i said, these were just random pictures in Google Pictures, which i found and think,
that they suit very well to her kit, even if I am a huge anime fan, which I don't deny.

Edit 9:
I changed "swords" into "sai daggers", so she can use ninja weapons, which at the moment no champion uses and would suit even better to her concept.

Edit 10:
I added "Stats", japanese names (special thanks to Hytyotwo from NA) and numbers of her abilities (Damage/Cooldown/Range/Radius/etc.) which are changeable of course.

Edit 11:
I added some comparisons to understand, why i chose these ranges/-radii of her abilities.

Edit 12:
I added a new Lore (special thanks to DW MAN I GOT DIS from EUW).

Edit 13:
I added a picture, which explains, how her E-Skill works.

Edit 14:
I added a picture, which explains, how her R-Skill works.

Edit 15:
I changed the passive of her W-Skill. Her old one was:

Every time she lands a basic attack or a skill on enemy champions,
she will gain 1 Charge (maximum: (7/6/5/4/3).

Edit: 16:
I added a link to my new champion suggestion.

VNRG

05-17-2014

bump

Pyro

05-19-2014

lol nice. I like this idea xD. Seems like a good mid laner and maybe possible top too but more of a mid laner. Not really a big fan of her name though since its too straight forward. The name mizuki means water child so I don't see the point of her having that nick name. Maybe something like "Tethya the Water Child"

I prefer her to be a Primary Assassin and secondery Mage (there are not many primary assassins) really since it should suit her more because she performs beautiful water magics or things that deals damage due to her water powers.

Since she is an assassin and a mid laner, its fair to give her a bit more power lol, like her R should be 90% AP, and maybe keep it for 4 seconds instead of 5.
E - aqau dash can be 35% instead of 20. And instead of knocking them down, it silences for 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6/2 seconds.

What I said are just my opinion so don't take it seriously if you didn't like it lol. But other than that, rests seem to be nice and cool lol. Hope riot looks at this one day.

Danit595

Recruiter

05-19-2014

Good idea, Riot should review this, maybe make her and Nami allies?
I like the idea of a champion being interactive with the map and not only map entities(brushes), but to if u were to use that passive riot would maybe Rework on Summoners rift(5v5) to put that passive to work and the passive would be uselles on Howling Abyss (ARAM) and Crystal Scar (Dominion)
btw if Shen is her master maybe u could be enemies with my champion suggention Deren,The Shadow's aprentice http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=15874805#post15874805

VNRG

05-20-2014

Quote:
Pyro09:
lol nice. I like this idea xD. Seems like a good mid laner and maybe possible top too but more of a mid laner. Not really a big fan of her name though since its too straight forward. The name mizuki means water child so I don't see the point of her having that nick name. Maybe something like "Tethya the Water Child"

I prefer her to be a Primary Assassin and secondery Mage (there are not many primary assassins) really since it should suit her more because she performs beautiful water magics or things that deals damage due to her water powers.

Since she is an assassin and a mid laner, its fair to give her a bit more power lol, like her R should be 90% AP, and maybe keep it for 4 seconds instead of 5.

E - aqau dash can be 35% instead of 20. And instead of knocking them down, it silences for 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6/2 seconds.

What I said are just my opinion so don't take it seriously if you didn't like it lol. But other than that, rests seem to be nice and cool lol. Hope riot looks at this one day.

thx for ur great feedback, and i know, it is just ur opinion, which i am glad to have it

to her name:
well the name could get a change, but it fitted so great, cuz first she was named as umiko, but got changed to mizuko, cuz it shows the connection between her old seld and her new self and so on, which is described in the lore (too lazy to tell it again xD)

maybe a new alias? "Mizuko - The Water God's Chosen" ? dunno... xDD

to her ultimate:
hmm, i thought, 0,8 ap ratio would be balanced like other ultimates, cuz dont forget its an (small) aoe, so would 0,9 would be too much, i think

to her e:
well, in the beginning i was struggling what to chose: silence/stun/slow? meh...
but then i chose knock up, cuz it would fit more with her animation, where she jumps from the water to the air ,
but riot could change it, too, if it is too op, but i think it is ok, cuz the duration is very slight, and only usable on the water

i hope it, cuz my dream is, that i want to play this champ on my own, too, even i suck with her (cuz i am bad zed/yasuo palyer xD)

Quote:
Danit595:
Good idea, Riot should review this, maybe make her and Nami allies?

I like the idea of a champion being interactive with the map and not only map entities(brushes), but to if u were to use that passive riot would maybe Rework on Summoners rift(5v5) to put that passive to work and the passive would be uselles on Howling Abyss (ARAM) and Crystal Scar (Dominion)

btw if Shen is her master maybe u could be enemies with my champion suggention Deren,The Shadow's aprentice http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co...5#post15874805 (http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=15874805#post15874805)

thx for ur feedback!

nami as an ally? hmm dunno, there are truely no connections between them, except they are both using water, and Mizuko became a loner at the end of the lore, where she is searching revenge

well for riot, it should be no problem to configure it, and riot wanted to do a new update of the summoners rift anyways

yeah i know, to balance her on the other maps, we could buff her passive effects like more energy reg + more movement speed or only more movement speed like other champs

np i will read + give u a feedback like u did

Danit595

Recruiter

05-20-2014

Hey VNRG is Mizuko a hibrid?
ex:

Quote:
"(...)(+100% bonus AD) or (+75% AP)"

Because that or in your Q abilities makes me confused.

VNRG

05-20-2014

Quote:
(By the way, dont forget that this is just a concept.
So please, give some balance suggestions about the numbers of her abilities and
I don't know if she should deal magic or physical damage. So suggestion please!)

so no hybrid, cuz i wasnt sure, if i should give her the mage role or ad caster role,
so i just suggested the 2 ratios

Pyro

05-20-2014

personally I think knock up < silence < stun. Since silence is in the middle, it could have worked. And yea for her I think both knock up and silence would work so any of them is good. Also maybe add another thing to her passive which is to gain 3 health every 2 charges. This should give her a good early sustain.

As for the name, the name Tethya that I mentioned is a mix of a water titan and a water goddess from the greek Myth I think. But all the names you said are cool too xD.

VNRG

05-21-2014

Quote:
Pyro09:
personally I think knock up < silence < stun. Since silence is in the middle, it could have worked. And yea for her I think both knock up and silence would work so any of them is good. Also maybe add another thing to her passive which is to gain 3 health every 2 charges. This should give her a good early sustain.

As for the name, the name Tethya that I mentioned is a mix of a water titan and a water goddess from the greek Myth I think. But all the names you said are cool too xD.

haha tethya sounds pretty cool, too, and it would fit in the game quiet more than mine^^
but let riot decide, if they ever would create my champ xD

well if she got sustain, it would be, too, toxic with her kit as assassin, i guess,
cuz first she is using energy, second she is an assassin,
so if i give her sustain, she should have mana or like that, decreasing the base ratio + she would be a fighter aka bruiser^^

VNRG

05-27-2014

bump