Xin Zhao and Riot's Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maddriver

15-07-2010

First of all I would like to know your opinion on the tips and tricks all champions have (the official tips and tricks). Are they useful in any way?

In some cases and in my opinion these tips and tricks are a bit useless. Especially the "playing against" ones. The "playing as" tips always offer more info on how to play that champion.
And I'm not saying here that they should write a novel on how to play as or counter a specific champion, but come on you can do better.
Just to give a quick example, look at Xin Zhao's "playing against" tip:

"Xin Zhao relies on hitting enemies at close range to become stronger in fights. Try slowing his movement speed and staying away."

That is some very useful insight on countering this champion. Try staying away and slowing him down? I never thought of that before. No, this is not another qq thread about "OMG XIN IS OP".
No, but some actual tips would be nice. Because if you keep them this way you may as well just remove the entire Tips tab from some champions, as he is not the only one with "pro" tips.

And now compare the "playing against" tip of just running away from Xin Zhao to his "playing as" tips, which are two btw, where you say that:

-he is an excellent ambusher. Use your Audacious Charge to reach an opponent and Three Talon Strike to damage and knock then into the air.
-he is an excellent initiator in combat. Lead the front to start a fight and use his ultimate to deal the most damage possible.

So bottom line : if Xin appears in front of you, just run back to your base, hide behind a tree and wait for him to leave. At least that's what you have to do if you're following these tips.

Crampus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-07-2010

Agree

Usethefork

15-07-2010

That would be a good idea! Hide behind trees!