[Guide] Xin Zhao: Here's a tip

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volch0k

15-07-2010

with a spear behind it!

Welcome to my Xin Zhao Guide/personal strategy. First off, I would like to say that this 'guide' will be based on my own personal strategy - This is a totally new champion, my way might not be the 'BEST' way to play it - and certainly not the only. However, I would like to share my impressions, for everyone who wants to try it.

Xin Zhao Skills

Quote:
  • Tireless Warrior (Passive): Xin Zhao is healed for every 3 attacks that he lands. This amount increases every 2 levels.
An amazing passive the hole game. This passive will keep you in lane for a long time at the start, gaining a decent amount of gold before you port back for the first time.

• Three Talon Strike: Xin Zhao's next 3 standard attacks deal increased damage, with the third attack knocking an opponent into the air.
This is to be considered a stun. A stun with witch is a tiny bit delayed, but gives you extra damage before it hits.

• Battle Cry: Xin Zhao passively increases his attack speed and can activate this ability to further increase attack speed and lower his ability cool downs with each attack.
The passive part from this ability itself, is amazing. 15% attack speed, at the first point. From there on, 5% more for each point, maxing at 35% extra attack speed. ALL the time. On top of that, activate - BAM; 70% more attack speed.

• Audacious Charge: Xin Zhao charges an enemy, dealing damage and slowing it and all other enemies in the area. Audacious Charge increases Xin Zhao's armor temporarily and lowers the cooldowns of all of his abilities.
A charge. It increases Xin Zhao's armor, making this a fantastic initiator trough the game.

• Crescent Sweep (Ultimate): Xin Zhao fiercely sweeps his spear around him, dealing damage to nearby enemies based on their current health. Also increases Xin Zhao's armor and magic resistance.
Xin's ultimate. An awsome ability to help initiate. Charge in, spin you spear, do a ****load of damage AND get increases armor + MR. Remember, this ultimate is fairly low cd. ALWAYS use this when you charge in, as it takes more damage the more health the enemy has and increases your survivability by A LOT.

Skill order:

1:W
2:Q
3:E
4:W
5:Q
6:R
After that always skill R when possible. Juggle between W and Q each level, leaving E last. I prefer skilling start at W, then Q, W and so on.

Summoner Spells: I prefer Exhaust + Ignite for early game kills, since that's important for Xin Zhao to shine later.

Rune build: I use Armor Penetration marks + quints, mana regen seals, and cooldown reduction glyphs. Armor penetration because my build is based on attack speed > damage, making each hit small, but you hit so darn often. Rather hit often and avarage, then a little more often with a lot less damage. If you feel like mana is no problem, or got someone with manaregen aura all the time, a good compensation for seals is dodge.

Talent build: 21/0/9.

Item build:
Initial buy: Doran's Shield + health pot. This because it along with your passive, it will keep you in your lane for a long time early, even if there is enemy ranged.

1. Madred's Razors + first part of boots. (If you have money enough, buy Berserker's greaves.
2. Madred's Bloodrazor, or at least some of it. If you didn't upgrade boots, do so now. Preferably the bow, and the boots upgrade.
3. Finish Madred's Bloodrazor, and start on Last Whisper.
4. Finish Last Whisper, and start building a defence item. Good choices are Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel. You'll have to look at the game, what you need the most.

The next items depends a lot on the game; however good items are;
  • Black Cleaver
  • The Bloodthirster
  • Youmuu's Ghostblade

Some people might prefer Sword of the occult early. However, I prefer attack speed. I'm gonna explain why here;

Having a lot of + attack speed from your items, means Battle cry gets fantastic. At max, it gives you 35%, and 70% when activated. If you then have a lot of attack speed, it's only gonna get way more with Battle Cry. Having so much attack speed, makes Three Talon Strike an almost instant stun, after you charge in. Also, your passive benefits so much from attack speed, it's insane. Having 1.8 Attack speed without Battle cry, makes your passive heal every 1.65 seconds. That's a insane lifesteal 'item' right there. Also, when Battle Cry is active, each hit reduces cooldown of other abilities with 1 second. You can simply stun twice within no time. How AWESOME is that?

Strategy;

Early game: If you have a 'perfect' lane partner, that has some sort of stun, and decent damage output, try gank at around 3. You can very well initiate, use your Q ability if your 100% sure you can charge the enemy. Charge and use W. The enemy, and preferably his partner will be slowed from the charge (aoe slow) - Your 'throw up' stun will proc very fast. From there on, I exhaust and ignite if needed. Naturally, it's important to wait with exhaust 'til after the stun, since he might panic and cleanse from the charge slow.

Mid/late game: After get your Madred's Razor, you can easily solo golem. And it's important that you do so. It will sure as hell keep your mana at an OK rate, and your cooldowns will be sooo low the effect from battle cry + attack speed. Also try to catch lizard whenever possible, as this adds nice damage with your so awesome attack speed. Continue to gank, help initiate fights with charge (aoe slow), ultimate for nice portion of damage and survivability.

Last words: This is how I've found Xin Zhao to be effective. Some people build him more as a tank, but I think he has way to much potential to be heavy dps. This is my first guide, my English ain't all that great, but I hope it's ok. For those of you who took the time to read everything trough, thank you. And feel free to ask questions! (And tell me what I forgot, cuz' I'm sure there is something!)

Volch0k

15-07-2010

Reserved for future use.

Mortuus91

15-07-2010

Well, I bought Xin Zhao too and I got to say, that I cant survive without some tank/hp items. Usually I go with Guardian Angel and Frozen Mallet, just for the resist and hp. I really liked the all-dmg-output Xin Zhao with who it was really easy to kill bots. But, as we all know, humans use summoner skills, disables and such and when then enemy focuses on Xin (dps), he dies way too fast. The dps/tank build keeps me going a bit longer.

Azraelfrost

15-07-2010

Yep, same here. I find him extremely sqishy. He is awesome for initiating with his ultimate and I would love to use it more often but you get focused and die instantly. One of my first items is phage now and I can say that I feel my games have gotten quite a bit better with a little more life. Usually I upgrade it to Frozen Mallet in the later game which no only allows me to initiate but also chase any runners.

jAAkZ

15-07-2010

If the opponents have several casters, I usually start off with a Null-Magic Mantle + Health Pots ->
The +aspd Bow + Merc's ->
Madred's Bloodrazors ->
Giant's Belt ->
Frozen Mallet.
After that either a BF Sword or a Spirit Visage and another Giant's Belt.

Sagacious Yamcha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-07-2010

I prefer this setup:

1. dagger -> berserker boots - for getting more life thru Xin's passive
---- if heavy CC or magic team mercury boots
2. phage
3. stinger - cooldown reduction and attack speed !!
4. frozen mallet
thats my core build. Depending on the enemy team I have no definite ite build after 4

Metallkopf

16-07-2010

I really like this guide and the item build, but I would suggest getting the defensive item before last whisper, otherwise you die far to often.

CeePee

16-07-2010

well i get this new item first its pretty cool for farming , a xtra ward and also some nice buffs wich let u better survive (armor and ls)
dunno if its so smart pls dont flame only say that its good :P

jofra

16-07-2010

nice guide,but like the others said, i think u miss some survive items (Frozen mallet), on my xao i start with:
-Phage
-Starks (liffesteal + passive its imba)
- Last Whiper
- Giant Belt
- BF sword
- Frozen Mallet
- Black cleaver or bloodthrister

Heiwing

16-07-2010

Xin zaho build:

items:
take what u want, even without you can go pentakill.

runes:
Same as items

Masteries:
Same as runes

Skills:
Take charge and ulti, rest doesn't matter.

Gameplay:

When you see ennemi team, use charge to get in, push R and get some popcorn. Don't forget to fraps your pentakill. If one of them survive, autoattack.

/troll