Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

getting kills as support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gojiraw

12-01-2014

In long run, not giving a damn on who is taking the kill, it's much better than trying to leave them to ADC or other team mates.

It's hard to always predict if enemies can't escape. Maybe that Graves just got his cooldown on E back, maybe Janna got enough mana for shield now, maybe they have flash.

Then, the objective of the game is not to get kills. It's to get Nexus. Kills help you doing that. That's how you should see kills, as gateways to objectives. A value of a kill does not mean just the gold income you get by getting the kills, but also what that kill provide afterwards. If you get a kill and that helps you getting the Dragon and a turret, the gold income for that kill becomes irrelevant.

iLanaBanana

12-02-2014

i try not to get the kills, especially since my bf *****es at me if i take 'his' kill
and at least 2 times the enemy got away with low health because of this
but now i know a little better when the kill is secured and when it is not
the only problem i still have is that with nami, i see my adc in low health and i don't want to risk him dying so i heal him, but the heal bounces on the enemy damaging him and i get the kill
same if i use the knock up, the enemy may die from its damage

while i understand of course why the adc needs the gold more than me, i don't understand why people get so mad for 'ks-ing' no matter their respective roles. and i hear this complaint a lot. it's a team game after all so who cares if the adc got the kill, or the jungler or the top later or whatever. even me as a support can use that money to get items to better protect my team with, because i'm building items to benefit the whole team after all.

Hairyloco

Recruiter

12-02-2014

Quote:
iLanaBanana:
the only problem i still have is that with nami, i see my adc in low health and i don't want to risk him dying so i heal him, but the heal bounces on the enemy damaging him and i get the kill

I've had the same issue where my Nami W would kill an enemy and my (often the same premade) ADC complains about KS. The best way to solve it in this case was to not use it and simply let her die. She'd ask why I didn't heal and I said 'Well the bounce would kill the enemy, and that would be a ks.'
She's never bothered me about it since.

iLanaBanana

12-03-2014

Quote:
Hairyloco:
I've had the same issue where my Nami W would kill an enemy and my (often the same premade) ADC complains about KS. The best way to solve it in this case was to not use it and simply let her die. She'd ask why I didn't heal and I said 'Well the bounce would kill the enemy, and that would be a ks.'
She's never bothered me about it since.

haha gotta try that

SabertoothTitan

12-08-2014

No matter what you do in this game, if someone happens to be near someone else when someone dies, it will always be your fault because you know, like skyrim, kids never die.

Point is if people complain when you secure a kill, just /mute and continue to play. I play jungle and everytime I save someone on 1 hp apparently I stole there kill yet at the same time if they die its also my fault because I didn't secure the kill.

Point is, get the kill and let them whine they will soon shut up when you win the game.

tofukuchen

01-17-2015

Getting kills as support is very important

Scarlet Esh

01-22-2015

My main role is support. I am best at assisting and protecting my adc when I play lulu. Almost no kill because I control her completely. But when I use Sona, it's really hard not to steal a kill. You know when you use her, you can just rape the keyboard and boom! you accidentally stole someone's penta haaH!

But you know, when you are a good support, they will not be mad if you steal a kill. Just be good at warding and protecting them.

PinnacleofWood

01-28-2015

First of all, getting a kill as supp is NOT bad, but generaly it's a lot more preferable to have the ADC or get the kill. Generally as an offensive supports that are able to deal a lot of damage; like Karma, Fiddlesticks etc. On defensive support it's generally a very bad idea to flash for kills or to secure kills IF it can be avoided. If it's a matter of life and death for your teammates, then of course you are supposed to do everything you can to keep them alive.

Things that are generally very bad though is when Soraka players or Janna players flash to "steal" a kill since they are wasting valuable resources (flash) that way, without much gain.

Hope I made everything clear

DeBers

02-04-2015

Well, you havw to understand that as a support dieing is no problem.. Once you get kills, they will get more gold from killing you.. If you are 0/10, they wont get any gold from killing you, so throwing yourself in front of the enemy team to save the rest is no problem at all.. If you were 0/7 then went to 1/10, they do get gold...

mentalrobin

02-05-2015

I used to have to deal with the same thing, not so much now.

As an inexperienced player & support I didn't think: "my ADC can have this kill" - I would just try & delete the target as quickly as possible and secure the kill.

The more confident you become with the support role & the damage you do - the more measured you'll be in those situations. Although inevitably, you'll still get the odd brain-dead tard swearing at you because they couldn't position themselves well enough to secure a kill.