[RUNES] What runes use now? 4.5 Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riven 4 Ever

05-04-2014

Hello Summoners,

I'd like to know what are the best runes now after the balance changes on Runes in 4.5 patch, and why?, if the old ones still the same or we need to change some runes, i know this post can be useful for many summoners out there, since i cant find a post where players give good response to the runes changes.

If possible, Top Laners Runes, Mid Laners, Jungler Runes, ADC Runes, Thank You.

denjanz

05-04-2014

ADC runes - 2 quintessences of attack speed (9% attack speed) and 1 attack damage quintessence
Scaling seals of armor runes and scaling glyph magic resist runes (once you reach level 6 scaling runes will match the flat runes, so you will play safer until you reach 6)
And greater mark of damage runes 9x

I think these runes will be the strongest for adcs now especially for caitlyn and Vayne, however for ad casters such as Lucian i'd prefer sticking with flat ad quintessences so 2.25ad 3x

DSC Veox

05-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by denjanz View Post
ADC runes - 2 quintessences of attack speed (9% attack speed) and 1 attack damage quintessence
Scaling seals of armor runes and scaling glyph magic resist runes (once you reach level 6 scaling runes will match the flat runes, so you will play safer until you reach 6)
And greater mark of damage runes 9x

I think these runes will be the strongest for adcs now especially for caitlyn and Vayne, however for ad casters such as Lucian i'd prefer sticking with flat ad quintessences so 2.25ad 3x
Forgot to mention Varus, yet I think that lifesteal quints are still good but not to stack.

Rapidy

05-04-2014

This is the most significant Rune change of the patch in my opinion.

Name:  Runes.jpg
Views: 11229
Size:  111.0 KB

Prugar

05-04-2014

are the new ASpeed runes really worth it?

I mean, flat AD still seems superior for early last hitting. I might reconsider having the lifesteals after the nerf but aspeed? O.o

Aspeed runes were never a real option, maybe for some junglers or Diana...

Riven 4 Ever

05-04-2014

Thanks for your responses, this post is becoming a goood one, thanks.

denjanz

05-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prugar View Post
are the new ASpeed runes really worth it?

I mean, flat AD still seems superior for early last hitting. I might reconsider having the lifesteals after the nerf but aspeed? O.o

Aspeed runes were never a real option, maybe for some junglers or Diana...
Attack speed scales really well into mid - late game and I wasn't sure whether I should go for attack speed runes so I went to see what the pro players were using so I went onto Rekkles lolking page and saw his new runes and they consisted of attack speed so attack speed runes could be the new superior rune for certain adcs

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/20717177#runes

ShakeNBakeUK

05-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by denjanz View Post
Attack speed scales really well into mid - late game and I wasn't sure whether I should go for attack speed runes so I went to see what the pro players were using so I went onto Rekkles lolking page and saw his new runes and they consisted of attack speed so attack speed runes could be the new superior rune for certain adcs

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/20717177#runes

Attack speed runes give you an extra 0.1-0.2 attacks per second at level 1, so it is safe to say they are 100% useless if you want to play aggressive in lane.

Aedre

05-04-2014

What about 3 AD quints on ADC and rushing vamp scepter ? is it better than 2 LS + 1 AD quint? or is it at least viable?

denjanz

05-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNBakeUK View Post
Attack speed runes give you an extra 0.1-0.2 attacks per second at level 1, so it is safe to say they are 100% useless if you want to play aggressive in lane.
I agree with your statement that attack speed runes are pretty useless during the first few levels and that aggressive laning phase might not be ideal but with lifesteal being nerfed surely more passive supports will be introduced, such as janna, Nami and Soraka which are not really aggressive laners but will help the adc get through early game and into mid game where attack speed runes scale really well.