Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sona and others Disabled for Ultra Rapid Fire PvP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brackhar

Features Designer

04-03-2014

UPDATE - 04/08/14 23:40 PST - With the extension of URF, we've opted to increase the champions disabled in the PvP queue to any character with above a 60% win rate. *That includes Soraka, Hecarim, Nidalle, Alistar, Kayle, and Skarner. *Don't forget, just like Sona you'll still be able to play them in Co-op vs AI and in custom games!

<p>Ultra Rapidly Firing Summoners!</p><p>Thanks for taking the time to give all of your feedback for Ultra Rapid Fire! Your response has truly astounded us, and we're exceedingly happy that you're having as much fun with the mode as we had making it.</p><p>Ultra Rapid Fire is definitely a silly experience, and it's fair to expect a wide range of power between champions in the mode. That said, when we were looking over the data today it became really clear that Sona is head and shoulders above her peers. She's currently sporting a 78% win rate in U.R.F., and her ban rate is almost just as high. She's effectively at a point where she's the default correct choice to have on any team for any composition, and her presence is both heavily skewing game outcomes and reducing the number of effective bans players can use.&nbsp;</p><p>So.</p><p>Given how much of an outlier Sona is, we've opted to temporarily disable her in the PvP queue for Ultra Rapid Fire. She'll still be available to play in URF custom games and URF Co-op vs. AI (just like Ryze and Kassadin), but hopefully this will bring more variety back into the PvP experience. We get that a good bit of the appeal of Ultra Rapid Fire is finding those really imbalanced champions, but we felt that Sona was so far out of line that she was bringing the experience down.&nbsp;</p><p>This is the first time that we've done changes to mode balance while a featured game mode is live, and we're interested in what feedback you may have for us. There are a few additional champions that, while not at Sona levels, we're a bit concerned about, so your feedback will help us decide what action to take. Would you prefer that we favor pulling excessive champions from U.R.F. to help diversify the champion pool, or would you rather we leave the mode as is to maintain the crazy experience? We'd love to hear your thoughts!</p><p>We hope you guys continue to enjoy Ultra Rapid Fire for the rest of the week. Thanks for helping make this mode a success!</p>

ZEAAA

04-03-2014

Better disable rengar in the whole PVP, hes a little catty minion now.

World Seed

04-03-2014

GJ rito

I can not explain how glad i am.

Darranis

04-03-2014

I think Hecarim should be on the list ..

Babylonius

04-03-2014

in the Co-Op vs Bots sona usualy just kept healing, im glad he PvP people dont have this issue anymore

and in a personal oppinion: Karthus is far too OP in this with his ult should his ult be nerfed just for U.R.F. just in case?

Trippym0ons

04-03-2014

EZREAL
PLEASE DISABLE EZREAL. it is literally impossible. his E has a 2 second cooldown he is as bad as kassadin and he can Q every milisecond

HastaLaVistaBob

04-03-2014

ryze kassadin and sona arent disabled atm
pls look into this

JamWiseGG

04-03-2014

Well i've just played a normal in the PvP and Kassadin just got through, and was played, i don't understand how this happened but lets say i haven't had a fun experience at all.

Shìkì

04-03-2014

Yes, something seems to be broken severely with picks and bans. EG. When i was the one to ban, i coouldn't ban out Nidalee, Vlad, Vel'Koz, Xerath and some others, although i could pick them. Also Sona got through. So either there is a massive bug going around or people have figured out a way to bypass the disable.

Hakaisha89

04-03-2014

CHAMPIONS TO BAN:
Brand
Cho'Gath
Evelynn
Fiddlesticks
Fizz
Galio
Gragas
Hecarim
Jayce
Jinx
Karthus
Kassadin
Katarina
Kha'Zix
Kog'Maw
LeBlanc
Lux
Maokai
Master Yi
Morgana
Nidalee
Orianna
Shaco
Shen
Skarner
Soraka
Syndra
Twisted Fate
Veiger
Vel'Koz
Vi
Wukong
Yasuo
Zed
Ziggs
Zilean

thats just to begin with, the reason sona is played a lot is because she is easy to play with, dont have to aim with her ult.

You know what should be banned? ADC's every ranged ad character 100% attackspeed bonus +25% damage boost on crits, Crits normally hit at 200% so would it be 225 or 250% damage? And with Infinity Edge it would be ever greater.

Look an Galio, you can't actually kill him end game, he is immortal, nothing you can do, why is he not banned? Why is Ryze even banned to begin with, nobody played him, and whatabout kassadin, why ban him, sure his ult, but if his ult is that bad maybe it should be nerfed.