Champion IP Cost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thuarr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-04-2011

As some of you may know already, Brand will be 6300 IP.
After getting another 6300 Champion I took the liberty to search for the costs of the last 19 Champions starting with Vladimir and ending with Brand.

Entire list can be found here:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion
Then sort by release date and just check the prices yourself.

Combined the last 19 champions cost 100,950 IP
The average over those 19 champions is 5313,16 IP
Amount of 3150 champions (since Vlad):5
Amount of 4800 champions (since Vlad):2
Amount of 6300 champions (since Vlad):12

And I don't mind if the majority (majority is half+1) is 6300 but 2/3d is getting pretty rediculous. Also the fact that before the Karma release the NA-forums had a special announcement that Karma WOULDNT be 6300 makes me a tad bit sad.

I'd like to hear your opinions as well, this isn't a rage topic so keep it civilized.

ScRuTBuCk3t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-04-2011

Personally I like that most new champs are the higher price, you see so many new champs and queue dodges as it is, the cheaper they are the more people will buy them, the worse the situation gets. Just my opinion.

xOois

13-04-2011

I also believe that when an champion costs so much, the more "unique" it will be. I wish I could purchase Brand as soon as he is released but I'm still 2000 IP down, so I guess I have to wait a week or so ^^

Thuarr

13-04-2011

The queue dodging for the new champion only happens like the first 2 days on occasion. However if you want to keep up with the champion releases you already have have played an awful lot to even get the IP for the champions, let alone the expensive runes or an additional runebook page.

ScRuTBuCk3t

13-04-2011

oh dont get me started on runes, esp the cost of a new page, I have around 55 champs, and 3 rune pages, i just refuse to spend that much on a new rune page, but it can be very annoying not having specific runes for specific champs. But rune pages are for another topic :P

Urcle

13-04-2011

Bah i don't find it that bad... i mean you can buy the new champ for like what? 5 dollars :/ Thats about as much as my moaning coffee costs. So i just don't drink that and get the new champ XD (I do not use dollars or drink coffee!! Woo)

Sephirotica

13-04-2011

I dont quite understand the point of this thread.
Play 2-3 games per day and you will get 6k IP in two weeks no problem.

If the point is that new champions are expensive, well, they arent. They are either free or exactly the same price as they have been (975 RP).

Mirigom

13-04-2011

I dont get all the whiners. Be happy that they only cost 6300 ip. They could easily start to make some 10000 champs now. There is already a huge base of champs that are cheap enough for beginners. so they can get enough champs to play with and these champs arent worser then the new ones. everything is more expensive when it is new and price lowers after some time. why they are not allowed to do this with champions too. ( and whith the lower prices on some champs it looks like they do it now)

And btw every month there are 2 free champions even if both cost 6300 thats only 12600 ip.
if get your daily win every day this alone are 7500-8000 ip. as most win around 50% of their games they also get ~2000 ip for the losses. so its ~10k ip for just playing 1 hour daily. So actually if you played this game for some time and have all the basic stuff like runes you still can get every content needed for play for free without much effort. If you play a bit more for expample at weekends you will even soon reach a point were you get everything and cant spend your ip anymore.

And players that argue now that they play less then this 30 hours a month wont have the time to learn to play more then new champ anyway.

EDGE King Gary

13-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirotica View Post
I dont quite understand the point of this thread.
Play 2-3 games per day and you will get 6k IP in two weeks no problem.

If the point is that new champions are expensive, well, they arent. They are either free or exactly the same price as they have been (975 RP).
14 days * 2-3 games per day = 35 matches

now lets say you manage to get the first win of the day bonus everyday, thats 250*14

that's 3500 IP

now there are 21 normal matches left, let's say you have a 50-50 win-loss %

win is around 130ip loss is about 70ip, so lets take a typical 100 IP average

21 * 100 = 2 100

Total IP in 2 weeks: 5600

I'm still 800 IP short.

also i cannot buy any runes or any champions that were in free week and i would like to buy.

Lepotec

13-04-2011

High IP cost of champions -> more people buy Riot Points. And that's fine because Riot needs to make money somehow.

Personally I don't care that much for new champions because there are still so many old ones that I need to master.