Jungling With Xin Zhao

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spikey101

14-07-2010

Just had my first game with the new champ. Ended up dominating mostly due to his E skill and his Q skill. But I got OWNED early game by the creeps. I went with the champion spotlight reccomendation of an agility pot and hp pots, had improved smite and I ended the fight with the golem on about 10% hp. Cleared all the other minions on low hp, and ended up dying to the lizard, although it was close...

Anyone tried any other more successful jungle builds? lifesteal i don't think would work, and my damage output is too crappy without the attack speed, plus i need that for healing ofc.

Anyway... Any help would be great. Really like the new hero either way!

zWarMonkeyz

14-07-2010

think you need the runes to help =/

Volch0k

14-07-2010

Seriously, I don't get what Xin Zhao is doing in the jungle. From my experience, he's total domination early game with a lane partner. You thought Pantheon was good early? Well, Pantheon is currently the potato - on the tip of Xin Zhao's spear.

But then again, I'm fairly new at league of legends, and might just miss a very obvious point.

MrFusion

15-07-2010

I'm a very dedicated Warwick player, and when I read Xins skillset, I thought I might have an alternative for when WW gets banned.
I did about 2 hours of jungleing with Xin, trying everything that worked for WW.
I tried new stuff, and even bought a few new runes.
I think by now, I can tell you:

Xin is NOT a good jungler.
Yes, he CAN do it, but hes bad at it.
As someone mentioned above, hes very good at laneing.
Stick to this, leave the jungle to the guys who can do it properly.

Azraelfrost

15-07-2010

Ran into the same problem. Now my EU account is only lvl 12 and I feel the missing runes heavily. Dying on the creeps in the jungle is just so embarassing and seriously hampers your game as I feel Xin very dependant on good progression early on. But I can tell you that laning with anything that has some more HP is amazing.

res1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

15-07-2010

Well I don't see xin as a jungler from lvl 1..

But around lv 6-10 if the lane gets "stuck", he can easily do some jungling so to get lvls faster

Sagacious Yamcha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-07-2010

I tried a few setups but with my attackspeed/hp per level/-cooldowns per level setup and utility masteries its not possible to jungle like ww can - even smite dont help to get the golem down with lvl1.
And starting with other jungle creeps is just ineffective. I level faster in lanes for sure.

I dont wanna respecc like the Xin in the spotlight vid just for jungeling. My runepages and masteries are chosen to be an allrounder and dont be good with just 1-2 of my champs.