Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High-end Graphics Card FPS Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danidasanic

01-11-2015

some fps drops on the new rift

gtx 970 @ 1080p all maxed out , 60 fps
8 gb ram
Windows 7 64b

Vercility

01-12-2015

not really fps drop, but sth like a motion blur, which ofc isnt wanted..

Gtx 660 Ti
i7 4770
8gb Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 74 Bit

Welsh

01-12-2015

Quote:
Danidasanic:
some fps drops on the new rift

gtx 970 @ 1080p all maxed out , 60 fps
8 gb ram
Windows 7 64b

I have this same set up, game dips down and stutters. hardware is all perfectly working only league has the isues tried pretty much every driver for the gtx 9 serise no luck.

Icega

01-23-2015

has riot given any answer yet?

Einwanderer

01-31-2015

I tried different set ups with some components I had to spare. Let's share the results.

All settings to very low + 1920*1080 + tried some different drivers for each card + I had NO issues before the NSR.

First clarify that I haven't really observed any problems with the FPS index. It's always above 100+, so my eye shouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's more like what I see it's not actually happening. Then some "graphic correction" happens, that even non-perceptible, you know its there 'cause it breaks your usual reaction & tempo. Subtle things like J4, Malphite ults not being fluent in their execution, some minions dying to an "unexpected/unseen" minion hit, very, very difficult to trade/farm... things like that. Graphic correction is noticeable in custom games w/o opponents (farm practice). Fast clicking the character (left/right/up/down) while farming produces some weird character "movements".

The Set ups.

High performance card.

4790k, R9 270x, 8gb, windows 7 64.
Phenom II 965 (with / wo overclocking), R9 270x, 8gb, windows 7 64.

Unplayable for the stated reasons. FPS was above 200 always.
(weird thing is FPS starts at 400+, then lowers to 180-220 with minions, opponents and has in-game 150+ FPS one second jumps).

Tried several old drivers (up to 2 years ago), driver settings and lower resolutions w/o changes.

Low performance card.

4790k, Radeon HD 6670, 8gb, windows 7 64.
Phenom II 965, Radeon HD 6670, 8gb, windows 7 64.

No issues. Game is fluent and animations behave consistent with what I expect from them.
(here FPS remains stable from the beginning to the end (around 200 with the 4790k). No weird 200+ FPS jumps as the previous set up)

Laptop.

Intel i5 3337U, (on board) intel HD graphics 4000, 2gb, windows 8.

No issues. Resolution here was obviously lower. I would say that game is more playable in the new SR than in the old one (just a feeling, I don't play much with the laptop).

Maclean

02-06-2015

I'm using a Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M card and play on Very High all round. No problems before this issue cropped up.

I've found disabling Vertical Sync in the Nvidia Control Panel really helps, runs alot better now. You'll find it under 3D Settings IIRC.

megapeoklis

02-09-2015

hey guys I'm experiencing fps drops on teamfights on a machine i think i shouldnt be having any problems running lol, it even happens on medium settings

Windows 8
• Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M 3G GDDR5
• 12GB DDR3 1600MHz System Memory

anyone has any tips?

Icega

02-22-2015

nop, i'm afraid but rito doesn't care ^^