Is nasus OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HumperE3

12-04-2011

Okey so I've been playing some and every game with nasus seem to end the same way,
well almost atleast. Im only level 20 so I vs people around that level.

So well the problem is that he seems to have crazy stayability in lane and later
on VERY tanky, seems to overtank proper tanks sometimes. Along with that
he got some very decent dps and almost unkillable if not ganked early game
which is hard playing with random level 10-25 players.

I can't say how he play in high ELO or even at ranked games at all
but this is what I see when I play now.

Other strong characters (read strong, not OP), seems to be
tanky built ryze and veigar. Also noctoure gets way out of hand if he solo lane (imo).

Regards,
Humper

JenoiR

12-04-2011

well if he farm his q bery much,has trinity force and some tanky items
he can do very damage and survive well..so maybe not op
but a difficult opponent..sure

Barbaard

12-04-2011

i think the fact that nasus might be so strong with low lvls is the thing that.. when i was a low lvl i had no idea what nasus did untill i started playing him myself

the danger in nasus lures in the fact that you don't really know how much damage he does
untill you meet a good one and you notice that he slows you down extremely hard and his siphoning strike hits you like a frigging train.. and depending how he is build you will either not be able to kill him.. or he'll just out dps you

HumperE3

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaard View Post
i think the fact that nasus might be so strong with low lvls is the thing that.. when i was a low lvl i had no idea what nasus did untill i started playing him myself

the danger in nasus lures in the fact that you don't really know how much damage he does
untill you meet a good one and you notice that he slows you down extremely hard and his siphoning strike hits you like a frigging train.. and depending how he is build you will either not be able to kill him.. or he'll just out dps you
Thats exactly my problem with him, he takes major damage and got a strong slow, even a great ultimate. The only little weaker part is his AOE but thats not even that bad.
Well I think he should be made abit less tanky atleast thats all I think but next patch holefully fixes it

JenoiR

12-04-2011

well a teemo can be very ftrustrating on nasus or cass or signed with that poison dmg so he cant lifesteal well with his passive and u can harass him all the way :P

Zio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Nasus relies on melee range to do his damage but he really has no way of closing the distance easily, which makes him easy to kite and generally terrorize. Use CC to make his approach slow and he's just a lumbering hunk of useless HP.

Akpalah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Nasus isn't OP if he faces half-decent enemies that don't let him easily farm his Q skill. Met a few of them fail Nasi (great pluralform init) that were plain bad lategame because our team harassed them early game... I actually think Nasus is one of the more/most balanced champs there is, his slow being useless if he uses it on someone with Merc Treads so it balances out again

MasterofEtherium

12-04-2011

Nasus is one of the most balanced champs in the game.

mastikka

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofEtherium View Post
Nasus is one of the most balanced champs in the game.
He is kinda overpowered.. His slow is so strong and if he farms well with his Q combined with sheen, he deals very good amount of dmg. When i play vs nasusu i hate his passive - the life steal is just crazy

TeiX

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumperE3 View Post
Thats exactly my problem with him, he takes major damage and got a strong slow, even a great ultimate. The only little weaker part is his AOE but thats not even that bad.
Well I think he should be made abit less tanky atleast thats all I think but next patch holefully fixes it

happens al ot on low vlvs matches when you play against a champion that directly scales of their farm(like Nasus ,Veigar and sion)

but nasus isnt that much off a problem as you'll eventually notice.

he is a melee without gapclosers(no form of going instantly inot melee range), and he is really dependant on his early game to determine how strong his lategame will be, this is aggravated by him being a weak laner in the 1st vlvs(for the fact that at that point what a nasus player wants ot do is farm up and doesnt harass much as it drains his mana)

even his famed lategame can be controled by not allowing him to get into melee ether by CC (spammable slows are death to him) or good positioning since he cannot initiate on his own

so..yeah imo nasus is one of balanced champions, great potetial to deal damage and tank it but he cant do neither without skillfull usage of his strengths and managing his weaknesses(no decent player will allow a nasus to free farm)