Standard Caster Mastery Setup

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShakeNBakeUK

11-04-2011

09/00/21:
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/100...03140131031301
(15% mgc pen, mana regen, cooldown reduction, summoner spell reduction)

vs

10/00/20:
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/100...03140131031300
(15% mgc pen, 10ap from ignite mastery, mana regen, cooldown reduction)

vs

09/09/12
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/100...03140130000000
(15% mgc pen, armor, mres, hp regen, mana regen)

Lane = solo mid

which is the best setup assuming mgc pen marks, mana regen seals, ap glyphs, ap quints on a mana-based AP champion, starting item = Doran's ring

/discuss

ShakeNBakeUK

16-04-2011

bump

Lepotec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-04-2011

The first one is pretty much the standard. You might do some deviations based on individual champions, but generally that's what you want to go with.

The second one has 3 improved summoner spell masteries so one point is wasted. Assuming you fix that though, I'd think it can be useful if your champion has high AP ratios and you take Ignite.

The third one is for Ryze, though you may want to drop 2 points from Good Hands (+ armor) and put them into Quickness (+ speed), ending up with 9/7/14.

Ediwir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

16-04-2011

switch from Perseverance to Good Hands. you won't notice the lack of Perseverance but you'll love the Good Hand buff.

personally, i'd go for 9-0-21 on most casters, but some detail would change (ex. on Fate i'd get teleport-flash. on Brand i get ghost-ignite so 2 points on utility mastery. on Lux i take clairvoyance-ghost. and so on)

ShakeNBakeUK

17-04-2011

how do you solo lane with 9-0-21 with no hp regen from masteries / runes / items though..?
any harass will instantly force you back to base.

Tolegard

18-04-2011

If you go 9/0/21 and solo you need to dodge the harrasment if possible or just pick diffrent start item to get hp pots.

RootsRockRiot

18-04-2011

on annie, kayle and leblanc for example I go for the first mastery build.

mana crystal (catalyst rush) + 2 pots for start.

you won't need much regen, usually 2 pots is enough for me because with annie you shouldn't go out of mana. same thing for leblanc, spells are used entirely for bursting down enemies, if I get a kill I just bluepill and get catalyst.

the only champs for me where I go doran's ring with 9/0/21 are swain and kayle. swain can hold lane pretty well until lvl6, from there you heal like a boss. kayle heals from lvl2 on, so no problem there.

but I always laugh about casters with a ring and absolutely no regen, especially when I face them mid. they have to be extremely aggressive to survive and even then, chances are good they must bluepill early or will die.

Kirase

18-04-2011

2 pots are a good psychological weapon.
The enemy will think twice before wasting his own mana or life on you if you still have 1 or 2 of these.

On the other hand i thank someone on enemy site for buying dorans items.
Minimum risk. just takes 3-4 spells and he is going back to town to come back with level disadvantage and 3-5 health pots.

To the utility mastery Perseverance:
Does it add to the basic minimum stats of the champion or are runes and items included for its calculation?

ToxiCtm

18-04-2011

I kinda stopped using Utility 3-4 months ago... So that's what i use since then.
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/100...00100000000000

AP/Survivability High Start HP + dodge (Dodge runes will make the difference even bigger). Goes perfectly with Katarina, Akali, Kassadin and other AP Carries...+ 4% AP increase from Def mastery+ 15% Penetration from Off mastery + 0.6 AP per lvl

Dodge can be easily changed with the HP/5 talent. Also If you don't use ghost.. you can easily go for Faster respawn.
I'm using this just because there are enough items for Mana and mana reg + Alot of CDR items.. since they released Morello. So all of this makes the Utility unusable.

Rune build: 10 Mpen + 60AP/18

In this case Only 1 Rabbadon Gives u a total of 305 AP at lvl 18.. (155(Rab) + 60(runes) + 11(talent))+ 220*39% = 314.14AP (+ 14 more if u use ignite)
P.S All of this is MY oppinion.. PLZ don't flame.. just say what you agree or idsagree with...