Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shop lag. Buy item - freeze. Open shop - FREEZE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kknewkles

03-09-2014

The amount of rage and comtempt I feel right now is volcanic, but I'll try to contain it and spare you the misery. Because I'm a nice guy.

For the last few weeks this sodding lag's been haunting my every match, driving the game borderline unplayable at times. Yesterday I got fed up, as in infuriated and desperate, and tried googling the solution. Much to my surprise(*wink* sarcasm *wink*), there was none. The only attempt at consistent one was the dreaded "repair". Poor me. I knew it wouldn't do a thing, but I was, as mentioned before, desperate.
To add to my pleasure, last few days my internet's been extra terrible. So when the extremely intelligent self-scan of the client ruled 2GB, practically the whole of the client(or 70 something percent) needed to be repaired, I knew I was in for a long ride. Bloody seven hours of my full present broadband capacity I wasted on repair. And guess what - hadn't fixed bull'.

I have no idea what it takes to get rid of this damn annoyance - apparently nothing less than a blood sacrifice to black gods. And I'm very curious at this point: what did repair actually "repair"? I reckon my item sets were a big threat to the overall game's stability.

P.S.: I know for a fact this bug has epidemic spread and scale, as well as 2 years under its belt, and yet I've found no reaction, ever, of import at least, from Reds. This thread will probably not gain any attention nor will the problem get fixed, ever, until probably the next patch turns a few code switches here and there, in a stroke of luck, as I have no faith in Riot's ability to fix mistakes at all. None.

Shin Sung Hyuk

03-10-2014

I have this problem too

d58b

04-17-2014

I actually lost a match because of the constant freezes, couldnt rejoin my team to defend. This is really anoying. Dont know what to try now.

AngTaf

05-27-2014

BUMP

D0rfl

05-29-2014

Same here

Amathul

05-29-2014

I have this problem too in an on/off style of way, one game its there the next it hides so it can show up two games later yet again

PLAY 4 FUN ONLY

07-04-2014

Easily fixed,

Just make sure the ITEM SET your using is very small.... hence the bigger the item Set the The bigger the Lag gets

I tried it and now it's 0 lag can buy 5 potion in an instant while before had to wait 4-5 sec on each item purchase

and the reason was i had 1 huge Item Set.

Again to fix this just delete any Big item set you have and make sure all your item sets are small not more than a page.

Enjoy!!!

Kknewkles

07-04-2014

I have no item sets at the moment, do you suggest I delete recommended sets? I would happily, though there is no way afaik to delete that garbage.

And no, your stupid advice shouldn't work - it should never have been this hard for a game to handle a few icons. The game has grown, but the game is still coded as if by amateurs.

Cpt Duel

07-10-2014

Same problem here, whenever I open the shop the screen just freezes for around 5 to 7 seconds, sometimes even more.
I hope there is some kind of solution for this, since it is starting to get annoying when you need to buy fast.

Trias000

07-24-2014

Quote:
PLAY 4 FUN ONLY:
Easily fixed,

Just make sure the ITEM SET your using is very small.... hence the bigger the item Set the The bigger the Lag gets

I use no item sets and still have shop lags.
Quote:
Kknewkles:
And no, your stupid advice shouldn't work - it should never have been this hard for a game to handle a few icons. The game has grown, but the game is still coded as if by amateurs.

This. League of Legends is probably the most bugged game I have ever played.