Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yasuo top counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armazyl

03-06-2014

Lately i have been playing yasuo top, it really works well but sometimes it's ridiculious unfair. for example last 2 matches, my lane enemies were riven and fiora.

i couldn't even farm ! riven Q's me and it's over. same story with fiora. please tell me, how can i survive laning phase against those champions. i love yasuo and i like playing him top, but against riven and fiora (all in kits) it's extremely difficult to even stay alive under the tower!

i would apreciate some tips.

edit: why the downvotes? this isn't a QQ thread, i'm just asking for tips

GAJO BOM

03-06-2014

Well best thing I can think is to kite them through their minions with your infinite dash and Q him while you are kiting.

raggnir

03-06-2014

i main fiora in top lane, and i have never been killed by a yasuo, even if he was fed in mid lane.
if i lain against yasuo, i try to get to lvl 2 as fast as possible and i engage him, it's almost a sure kill. when i get my first life steal item, which i buy first thing against high damage or high sustain opponents, i can literally ignore his Qs. howerver after lvl 6 i try my best not to be hit by his tornado because his R chunks me for a good portion of my health and the two passives he then has (double crit + 50% armor pen) makes it impossible to survive.

also, there is a misconception that fiora always maxes W first, which is false. in most cases, i max my Q first because a Q-AA-Q-AA combo gives me a good amount of burst damage which is excelent to poke with.

Armazyl

03-07-2014

bump

Vandaliser

03-07-2014

Good that you found your natural enemy or COUNTER.

League of legend is like this: there's no champion that can win in every matchup.

NoKillPlease

03-07-2014

Quote:
Vandaliser:
Good that you found your natural enemy or COUNTER.

League of legend is like this: there's no champion that can win in every matchup.

except for renekton

Lyress

03-07-2014

How the hell can you complain about getting countered when playing Yasuo? If you want that godly late game, there's a price to pay.

Icecreamtub

03-07-2014

This is gonna sound really weird @ OP, but, when you lane against Riven and she goes all in, just abuse your E on minions to dodge her attacks. It's simple enough and fairly easy to do after a few tries. ^^

Fiora on the other hand, there's not really much you can do... She's gonna get you no matter what you do. Just try to survive long enough to get a Frozen heart. I lost my lane to Fiora once but getting that item got me a fair few kills on her late-game. ^^

(P.S: Forgot to mention Fiora can also Parry your Q.)

Rodulv

03-07-2014

Build up damage on e at lvl 1/2, and just poke them with the damage. You should be able to win lane against anything that isnt a tank/bruiser.

Kartal IV

03-07-2014

Yasuo top is not strong as mid. Facing a tanky champ will be hell. (Renekton, volibear or any other strong tanky fighter)