Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High Ping Problem (Internet Fine)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KavinRac

01-23-2015

Hi i am from India...earlier used to get 170-180 ms...now its 300 with huge lags Riot fix please..

Inst1ng

01-28-2015

Quote:
Hansiman:
Greetings.

Have any of you attempted to manually change your DNS in order to alter the routing your connection takes to the server?

Here's a few things you can attempt:

You could attempt to open the command prompt window again and type:

This clears the local DNS cache. Try to play a game again after doing this and see how your ping is.

If it does not work, try to change your DNS (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm).

I've used Google's public DNS' without issues for a long time:

After doing this, please try yet again to play and check your ping then.

ty very much worked like magic=)

Tröll

01-29-2015

It's not you. Many people are having lag issues but Riot won't acknowledge it. This sucks.

SouLa88

02-01-2015

i have the same issues it is sucks .can't play !!!

Drakno

02-23-2015

Quote:
Hansiman:
Greetings.

Have any of you attempted to manually change your DNS in order to alter the routing your connection takes to the server?

Here's a few things you can attempt:

You could attempt to open the command prompt window again and type:

This clears the local DNS cache. Try to play a game again after doing this and see how your ping is.

If it does not work, try to change your DNS (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm).

I've used Google's public DNS' without issues for a long time:

After doing this, please try yet again to play and check your ping then.

Thank you so much :'D this worked 100%

Pokachino

02-23-2015

So what happens to people who dc cuz of this? Do we get punished by the leaverbuster now? Thanks riot. Always the best customer support.

d0tZ

02-23-2015

Im having even worse problems, since yesterday im having HUGE lag spikes. I play with 60-70 ping with wired connection and wifi too, but jesus since yesterday its gonne worse, i finished a game where my top ping was 10k!! had constant ping between 2k+. come on...