Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High Ping Problem (Internet Fine)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vunder

11-02-2014

I cant Flush my dns its weird and when i play lol i have +500 ping when i run speedtest it says 21ms so wtf is wrong with this game
Also i changed google not working.. FML

hgrva

11-04-2014

same problem restarting the modem sometimes help, ping is perfect on EUNE lol.

BiiSalvatore

12-13-2014

I tried the two steps (resetting my DNS and changing it to the google DNS) and while it hasn't totally gotten rid of my lag spikes, it's definitely reduced it.

Purrari

12-13-2014

I tried the two steps and it didn't work out my ping is still higher than the regular (went from a stable 100 to 170)
This happened after the last patch, and no don't tell me its my ISP because my friends have different ISPs and we're all suffering from this.
Please fix it Rito

themac2001

12-14-2014

Quote:
Purrari:
I tried the two steps and it didn't work out my ping is still higher than the regular (went from a stable 100 to 170)
This happened after the last patch, and no don't tell me its my ISP because my friends have different ISPs and we're all suffering from this.
Please fix it Rito

Same here. I live in the East Midlands and use Sky, and would normally get a ping of 40 but now I get 500 every game. It starts off at 50 in loading then freezes, then rockets up to 500! Please help!

CFR Crazie

12-15-2014

Hi. Open task manager and see if there's anything running behind league. For example, UTorrent? Or lol replay? Norton? Firewall? Also, check your HUB firewall. Maybe this can also cause you a lot of lag.

BiiSalvatore

12-16-2014

Quote:
CFR Crazie:
Hi. Open task manager and see if there's anything running behind league. For example, UTorrent? Or lol replay? Norton? Firewall? Also, check your HUB firewall. Maybe this can also cause you a lot of lag.

That was one of the first things I checked before I attempted changing my dns and such. I'm pretty sure my problems started after Kalista was first patched in. Since then this problem hasn't stopped, and the solutions haven't helped me.

I was originally with O2 Broadband but they got bought out by Sky before or around Summer, and league/my internet in general has been fine with the change, so the Kalista patch is the only thing I can think of that would do this to me.

Blacklight099

12-21-2014

I'm also having the exact same problem!

Wasn't having an issue at uni with my crappy 8mb/s Internet but am now home with 30mb/s and am getting extremely high ping spikes before they drop back down to regular levels!

Any tips would be great!

MikeKartoffel

12-22-2014

Different ISP (M-Net), connecting from south germany to EUW servers, same issue. Getting massive lagspikes every other minute. Appears to be a routing issue?

ciccirocco

12-23-2014

same here. Italy, in Campania. LoL is unplayable. Ping over 400 (up to 700!). Tried to quit the game and reconnect, but nothing. I have no chrome opened pages, no P2P, nothing at all. Just LoL.
Please solve!