Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High Ping Problem (Internet Fine)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BAKUMON

03-02-2014

Quote:
FatalHeartseeker:
Completed both steps (I was pretty sure I was already using the Google DNS before, but apparently not), issue is 100% gone. 0 lag back to 24ms ping now, thank you! Hopefully this continues.

Same for me, will update tomorrow aswell

BAKUMON

03-03-2014

it has worked for me, thank you!

Junichi

06-04-2014

Quote:
Hansiman:
Greetings.

Have any of you attempted to manually change your DNS in order to alter the routing your connection takes to the server?

Here's a few things you can attempt:

You could attempt to open the command prompt window again and type:

This clears the local DNS cache. Try to play a game again after doing this and see how your ping is.

If it does not work, try to change your DNS (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm).

I've used Google's public DNS' without issues for a long time:

After doing this, please try yet again to play and check your ping then.

Hello. that didnt help for me. do you have any other tips

KnightCorgi

06-08-2014

Hi , i live in Northampton , UK , and i'm using the Talk Talk internet ... Everytime i try to play a game even vs bots (Custom) i have over 250+ ping i got windows 8.1 can someone help me please . thanks

masterzak619

06-30-2014

well im having a problem i want to change my email because i have forgot my password to it and i cant get the email back but if i try to change my email they have to send me a code to my old email due to security stuff so i really don't know what to do to be honest any solutions?

Salray

Recruiter

09-03-2014

Quote:
Hansiman:
Greetings.

Have any of you attempted to manually change your DNS in order to alter the routing your connection takes to the server?

This clears the local DNS cache. Try to play a game again after doing this and see how your ping is.

If it does not work, try to change your DNS (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm).

Thank you so much! Solved it

Bubblebubz

09-22-2014

I got the same problems and i tried both steps and they didnt help, can someone help me out please ?

MR PEPSI x

09-30-2014

Quote:
Hansiman:
Greetings.

OK, this helped me alittle bit with this problem the lags does not stay that long, but it does for like 5 seconds, any other way to fix this?

zebigode

Recruiter

10-07-2014

Tried both and keeps the same 270-320. Any other tips?

hi im skeet9

10-14-2014

i still have lags even though i change my dns and flush my dns O.o my internet is good enough my bro doesnt have any lags -.- on his pc i have already formatted my pc i have 160 fps O.o