Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High Ping Problem (Internet Fine)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BAKUMON

03-02-2014

Hello

I am having problems with a high ping of 280-340 consistently, This has been happening for the last week and is getting progressively worse.

ISP: Talk Talk (Fibre Large) 70mb DL / 17mb UL

I used to have a consistent 35ms, then recently I started getting 100ms, and now 300ms.

Is anyone having similar problems, I did recently downgrade back to windows 7 from windows 8.1 - I made sure pando media booster is uninstalled, my firewall is disabled. I did try a VPN Hotspot shield, but uninstalled after it didnt help.

Also to note my normal speeds:

Normal: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3343610910.png
Speed whilst playing lol: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3343170953.png

unsure why, but for about 2 hours today I had really low DL speeds when playing lol. Afterwards I was still getting 300ping with my normal speeds.

8Hundred

03-02-2014

Also getting these problems. Ping in Teamspeak, Pingtest etc are all normal but During the game I have around 250-350 ping. I have tried logging out of game and back in which has only been successful once but ping was still wavering between 49 (my normal ping) and 90. I'm currently repairing, if this does not solve it I will redownload the whole thing and start again.

This is all very frustrating and is the root of why I will not go into ranked games right now. I live in the Midlands, UK. I am also on Talk Talk like the OP.

Please help.

BAKUMON

03-02-2014

Quote:
8Hundred:
Also getting these problems. Ping in Teamspeak, Pingtest etc are all normal but During the game I have around 250-350 ping. I have tried logging out of game and back in which has only been successful once but ping was still wavering between 49 (my normal ping) and 90. I'm currently repairing, if this does not solve it I will redownload the whole thing and start again.

This is all very frustrating and is the root of why I will not go into ranked games right now. I live in the Midlands, UK. I am also on Talk Talk like the OP.

Please help.

Have you called them?

8Hundred

03-02-2014

Talk Talk? No i havn't. Not sure what I would say to them tbh.

BAKUMON

03-02-2014

Quote:
8Hundred:
Talk Talk? No i havn't. Not sure what I would say to them tbh.

Same, they do not understand what you say the moment you speak slightly technical.

"Please turn off your router and turn it on again"

No ****?

Googly Eyes

03-02-2014

I am also having this problem. I am in South Yorkshire, with TalkTalk and have around 200-300 ping every game. Such a pain to play. I thought it might just be my internet being rubbish but my download speed and connection are fine.

Fix please Riot

FatalHeartseeker

03-02-2014

Also on TalkTalk, same issue as OP. The issue started today (although Hexakill servers seem unaffected.

9ms ping to Google, speedtest.net everything shows up fine. As soon as I get into game I have 200+ ping. All ports are forwarded and I am using DMZ in my router settings. Hopefully a solution comes up soon, or I will probably look at changing ISP.

Edit: http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Unlimited-Broadband/bd-p/111 please add your responses to the TalkTalk forums and try and get the word out to them about this issue, a few posts so far so the more the better

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

03-02-2014

Greetings.

Have any of you attempted to manually change your DNS in order to alter the routing your connection takes to the server?

Here's a few things you can attempt:

You could attempt to open the command prompt window again and type:

Quote:
ipconfig /flushdns

This clears the local DNS cache. Try to play a game again after doing this and see how your ping is.

If it does not work, try to change your DNS (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm).

I've used Google's public DNS' without issues for a long time:
Quote:
Google DNS

After doing this, please try yet again to play and check your ping then.

Ýazza

Recruiter

03-02-2014

Kheeta is good at league and doesn't need good internet connection... Kappa

FatalHeartseeker

03-02-2014

Quote:
Hansiman:
Greetings.

Have any of you attempted to manually change your DNS in order to alter the routing your connection takes to the server?

Here's a few things you can attempt:

You could attempt to open the command prompt window again and type:

This clears the local DNS cache. Try to play a game again after doing this and see how your ping is.

If it does not work, try to change your DNS (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm).

I've used Google's public DNS' without issues for a long time:

After doing this, please try yet again to play and check your ping then.

Completed both steps (I was pretty sure I was already using the Google DNS before, but apparently not), issue is 100% gone. 0 lag back to 24ms ping now, thank you! Hopefully this continues.