How to counter Teemo during Laning phase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hell M00d

06-04-2011

Alright, if there is one champ I could smash into the nearest wall, it is that ugly squirrel that blows his wang to deal massive damage at the start of the game. Talking about Teemo...
Whenever I lane against him, I go enrage because his harassing is worse than Urgot and Zilean combined. I want to farm a creep and boom he blows you down with thousands of arrows which all have some kind of annoying effect and do much damage.
So my question is: How to counter that little brat? Just focusing him down does not work, if you do more damage he runs away with his innate ghost ability, if you don't he kills you because he is not dependent on his skills like Zilean who can be downfocused if his timebombs annoy you too much. Of course playing def and gank are the obvious options, but is there something else I could do?

Wik Zhalifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2011

a jungler with an early midgank will help alot...
Nocturne, Shaco, Warwick, Nunu, Udyr, Renekton, Eve, and some more, let them gank when they are 4~ and teemo 5~ teemo will mostly push to be good.
If he stays back then he wont profit much from it, just ward your river then or let the support/jungler ward the river.
Take a nice last hitter, like Veigar or Malz to get some safe last hits on minions.
I believe teemo is too strong solomid, there aren't much ways to counter him.
On a sidelane it would be easier, a support/carry lane on bot with a pretty bruiserlike support like soraka, sona or janna will make you dominate.

Dithnir

06-04-2011

i've played teemo mid and been outgunned by karthus very early as well as a good fiddle due to drain healing up the poison darts. His damage is magic so take merc treads a bit earlier than planned to speed you up and protect against the early darts.

then, once level 6 comes around, drop an invis ward right in the middle between rivers and he's forced to put the mushies in the bushes only.

kapusadam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Teemo is so squishy, so easy to encounter, it can be frustrating if u are a melee, when u get blinded, but with an ap, with a good coordinated attack, he wont be so aggressive from that moment, at 5 vs 5 he is almost useless in teamfights, mushrooms are so easy to get if u have a good tank who buys oracle..

QQbear

09-04-2011

Heimer's guns always push me back to my tower when I play Teemo. He is also useless when CC'ed or ganked. In teamfights, focus on him first. I am amazed how often I get untouched in teamfights. All I do is stand there are attack the enemy. With my dps his health is gone in seconds.

Karnage Mitch

09-04-2011

I've done well against Teemo with Renekton, start with a cloth armor and 5 health potions, get full defense masteries (0/21/9 or smth similar) and health regen quints.

Basically just last hit until lvl 3 then start harassing him with your combo, you should be able to get a kill or harass him out of the lane before lvl 6, pick up an oracle or pink ward by this point and kill all his shrooms and keep harassing him.

Drazla

09-04-2011

Ezreal is not bad to deal with teemo thanks to his awsome range.

Smayck

11-04-2011

I was just totally out-laned by Singed. Of course player was good and would probably do it with most champions, but still. Was very hard to lane against him. It was easier to solo lane against Nocturne + Tryndamere.

PS! Very low level game, so may not be case for higher levels.