FPS Drop Investigation

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 43
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Draggles

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotDraggles on Twitter

16-02-2014
1 of 13 Riot Posts

Hey everyone, Draggles here. Over on NA, Riot Zaps is looking for help regarding the reported FPS drops that some of you have been suffering, and we'd really like your input too. Here's his message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Zaps
Summoners,

We are researching a potential FPS drop for some players in the latest release of our client. If you believe that you have had a drop in FPS after the most recent patch, please follow the below instructions to create a dxdiag (DirectX Diagnostics) file. Once you've created a dxdiag file, please post in this thread, and attach the file to your post.

This file will allow us to see your hardware configuration, and help us to determine if there's a particular configuration that may be having FPS issues.

Please follow the steps below to create a dxdiag file:
Click on the Start/Windows Button.
In the search field type dxdiag and press enter. If you are running Windows XP, you will need to click Run first.
The DirectX Diagnostic Tool window should appear.
Click on “Save All Information” button. This should bring up a Save As Window.
Click on "Save". The file should be saved to your desktop as dxdiag.txt
Close the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

Note: Your computer name will be shown in this text file - if you have identifying / sensitive information as a part of your Computer's name, please do not attach this text file, or modify the computer name in the output file. This information is stored in the value named "Machine Name".

Really lazy guy

16-02-2014

1st

Arachnes15

16-02-2014

You didn't just place it here, because you saw someone of the community do it already and thought: Sh*t, I should have done that!

Trying to find that file, but I didn't have any weird FPS drops or something like that after patching.

onlyFPSplayer

16-02-2014

I don't have any FPS drops but the NA LCS games had some yesterday. Hope it won't happen again.

Jacktars Horizon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-02-2014

Hell yeah, finally. These fps drops ruins so many teamfights. And I am still sorry for my teammates who suffered because of me. :s

Good job Riot'ler, take a look at it

Ps.: I have got these problems since Patch 4.1.

Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (25.5 KB, 366 views)

Exacerberus

16-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnes15 View Post
You didn't just place it here, because you saw someone of the community do it already and thought: Sh*t, I should have done that!
Unfortunately, this is true. EuWest is the new 3rd world.

Excitidly Insane

16-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnes15 View Post

Trying to find that file, but I didn't have any weird FPS drops or something like that after patching.
You are aware, of course, that every time people complain of fps drops after a patch, they ALWAYS post a topic like this one?

no controll

16-02-2014

I only have FPS drop at the start of the game for 10 seconds orso, so its not to bad

Fraiksx

16-02-2014

Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (24.2 KB, 99 views)

T1nyDanc3r

16-02-2014

Not the best laptop, but before patch 4.1 I was always on a constant 60fps with no drops at medium quality of graphics. Now I get like 20-30 as soon as a small skirmish breaks out :/

Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (31.2 KB, 124 views)

1234511 ... 43