Latency?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Croz

05-04-2011

What's up with latency these days? I'm usually around 30ms and now im constantly around 100??? Nothing changed on my internet provider.

When playing champs like Ezreal it makes a world of difference...

yuxin9999

05-04-2011

buy better internet

Croz

06-04-2011

I can't 'buy better internet'. My internet is fine, nothing has changed there. I have a solid reliable unchanged broadband connection.

To be honest my latency was better when queues were longer. Now, when queues are better, my latency is at a solid 100ms as if Riot servers are located in Antarctica?

Whatever Riot did to fix those queues, they must've chea(t)(p)ed it somehow...

Takkarn

06-04-2011

Some games are redirected to US servers due to too much load on the EU servers. That is probably why you get 100 ping. However, 100 is more than playable and no - it does not make any noticeable difference when playing Ezreal. If you believe it does it's your mind playing with you.

Croz

06-04-2011

Quote:
Some games are redirected to US servers due to too much load on the EU servers
Seriously? =s

So a change from 20ms (x5) to 100ms doesn't make a difference but a change from 100ms (x5) to 500ms would? I am noticing a difference when doing an e-w-q combo. I'm not saying lol is ut instagib, but on some champions it is.

When playing WoW or lol+ryze 100ms is fine since targets are locked
When playing cs-source or lol+ezreal 100ms isn't fine since you target a direction

Jak Sie W To Gra

06-04-2011

You can do nothing about it. We all have to live with fact that we're redirected to US server as long as Riot will enlarge their EU servers.

Croz

06-04-2011

The only thing I'm concerned about is that they see the redirection to US servers as a permanent fix to the problem. It's easy for Riot to fall in a neglecting pattern because it's 'working' right now (don't be naive, this isn't a solution). I just hope they won't 'forget' to fix this issue or prioritize it under the next Teemo skin.

Some Riot confirmation would be appreciated.

Croz

06-04-2011

In case Riot aren't thinking about a long term solution, I would like to ask them this:

Would you consider mixing the US and EU audience if you are not fixing proper eu servers?
No, you wouldn't so don't be hypocrits!