Updating stuck

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chinoman10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-07-2010

Hello,

as the title says, I'm trying to update my client to get the Season One, but it gets stuck at "Updating [lol-cb3.patcher] 8/9" and I'm not the only one with this problem...

Thanks in advance,
Chinoman10.

EDIT: Here I'll post the important replies so far so you don't need to read the whole 10 pages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Hi lads,

Apparently there are two distinct issues:

1. People who had modified their clients (hero pack, blood pack, custom skins etc) and cannot patch will need to reinstall the game from scratch.

2. Some people can't patch for some unknown reason. We're looking into it and will update you shortly. This won't take more than a few hours.

Cheers,

Tecumseh
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessePerring View Post
Just to give everyone an update, the installer we have on signup.leagueoflegends.com cannot patch to the current version of the game. Reinstalling from scratch won't work. We are working to get a new version of the installer out as soon as we can.

One of the solutions that appear to work is downloading the stand-alone client made by Matricus...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matricus View Post
Guys... if you don't want to dl my client, because of crappy speed... use this torrent: http://ace-lolclient-and-tools.googl...00.rar.torrent

Create 30min ago.
Average DL speed of the peers is ~400kbit/s
4 seeders and >100 peers

Elezar

14-07-2010

Hello

I have the same problem can you tell us what is going wrong please?

I want to playyyy :P thanks a lot , waiting for your respond.

Asprobouboulis

14-07-2010

Same problem here aswell .

garinsh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-07-2010

Exactly the same problem.

Izri

14-07-2010

same here.

t3hWoLF

14-07-2010

I have same problems .... tried reinstall, restart router ( worked few months ago when i had same problem ) .... but not now ...

KuroiKaze

14-07-2010

is there any way to save downloaded patches? I dont want to download 800 mb again....

Izri

14-07-2010

I cannot count how many times I already reinstalled, uninstalled and installed again this game -.-
Fact is all the suggestions on the website, this forum and all i could find didn't work. Downloader ist still stuck.

Kid The Reaper

Recruiter

14-07-2010

yup i have the same problem

t3hWoLF

14-07-2010

i'll try reinstall last time and then i'll go for modified standalone client ...

1234511 ... 16