Stat Tracking and Achievements System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vash Itsumo

04-04-2011

Hey guys,

Recently I've been wanting to be able to keep track of certain statistics from my games and I think this functionality should be included in the LoL client (rather than me having to use a website like www.lolbase.net). There's a variety of things that should be tracked (currently you can still see them on the 'previous matches' screen, but I'd like there to be a running total being recorded)

Kind of stats that should be recorded:
-Total Wins/Losses with a ratio
-Total Kills/Deaths (with a calculated K ratio and/or a K/A ratio which would be more beneficial for the people that are mainly support)
-Times each Champion has been played and individual statistics for each Champion (such as how many kills I've got with Blitzcrank opposed to the overall statistics)
-Total Minions Killed
-Total Damage dealt/recieved
-Total Gold Earned/Spent
-Turrets/buildings Destroyed
-Time Played
-Time spent dead

I think this should be implemented because it can't be that difficult to do if a non-riot related website is able to do this. It could also be done much more accurately and efficiently if done on the Riot servers rather than the website having to go through the logs of each individual match.

The visibility would also have privacy settings, with the user saying who should be able to see them (Just themselves, people on their friendslist, everyone or everyone except those on the ignore list...), this would mean that the stats would hopefully result in as little flaming going on as possible.

Any comments would be cool, just think this is something that should be in the game.

Vash

Balleskank

04-04-2011

Perhaps even achievments you can see on the loading screen, for example how many heroes you bought, like 5/10/20/50 and on, and each one gives 1 point, so it'd say

Picture of hero

Name

x/z achievment points.

ChrisFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2011

Hmm, and maybe with lots of Achievement Points you could get a skin ? :x
But make them expensive at Achievement Points, so not everyone has a skin and that it actually takes time to get them.
On the other hand, Achievements will have to be kinda normal for gameplay, so that people don't do stuff on their own, not helping their team, just to get achievements...

Vash Itsumo

04-04-2011

Yea, I'd thought about Achievements as well (which is why it appeared in the title...lol), but I think it would have to be a separate feature so I didn't include it in the thread...

I had plenty of ideas for achievements though hehe, like you could have individual champion achievements (e.g. number of matches played, number of kills got, number of wins and so on) and then overall achievements (like number of kills, number of double kills, wins, matches, towers taken down, minion kills...) plenty of stuff for there to be achievements for...

I don't know what kind of rewards you could give for achieving something though, I think giving IP for it might make IP too easy to get so I don't know if Riot would want that (though maybe get IP for the harder to get achievements or something...). New summoner pictures would be cool as well...

EDIT in response to skins: I like the idea but I don't think it would happen. Skins are a pretty big source of income for Riot I imagine, though maybe make a skin available for purchase after you've used the champion a certain number of times...

ChrisFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2011

Yeah, I thought about the income thingy too. Actually, skins are the most certain income for Riot, because right now, they're the only things that you can't buy with IP, and you can only use RP on them(Meaning real money). That's why I said make them expensive. Because there will be a certain number of Achievements, let's say 50. If by achiving all of those you get 200 Achievement Points(Numbers are just examples), maybe you could use 150 of them for a skin, meaning that you could only get 1 skin per account.

Vash Itsumo

05-04-2011

Nah, I don't think Achievement points... People should be allowed to have as many skins as they want, but maybe certain ones only become available for purchase when you've unlocked certain achievements for that Character...

Finju

06-04-2011

achievements are worst idea ever, they ruined many games already (wow for example). ppl instead of playing do stupid **** to get an achiv and rest of their team is pissed off because of that