Yeah another Ashe rune thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RShade

13-07-2010

At first sry for my poor english vocabular, but i hope you understand my questions it shouldn't be so hard.

i have been reading many ashe guides but most of them are old ones before some patches (i play lol for a few weeks so i don't know how patches affected ashe) maybe changed her gameplay. Basically i wanted to know whitch stats i must maximize to make ashe a good dps char or alternatives that won't make her a victim because she dies in a few seconds.
some guides suggest crit runes because of her passive others armor pen, attack speed, attack damage and......

yeah plz help me and again sry for the poor english.

thx for reading

RoheNudel

13-07-2010

armorpen on red and essences and mana per 5 on others works perfect for me

go brutaliser boots infinity edge then as-item, next item as u like and u win

RShade

14-07-2010

why armorpen?

Puschel the Soft

14-07-2010

just calculate it through.
As ashe you will most of the time be attacking enemies with not too much armor (let's say 50-100)
If you reduce ur enemies armor to 0 every point of armor pen is worth about 1% more dmg.
(Someone with 50 armor receives 66% dmg, bringing that to 100% with 50 armor pen let's u deal 50% more dmg. Someone with 100 armor receives 50% dmg, again ignoring this will give you 100% more dmg)
If you have got too much armor pen it will become less useful by the factor you've got too much (having 100 armor pen against 50 armor will make half ur armor pen useless)
If you have too little armor pen it will become slightly less effective (50 armor pen against 100 armor will increase ur dmg from 50% to 66%, by 33% so you are at 0.66% per point)

Now a mark will give you either a really small amount of attack damage (will increase ur dmg by something like 0.2% per rune at lvl 1, decreases during the game. Also boosts ur volley and passive), 2 armor pen (ideally meaning 2% more dmg, scales well with more armor pen, stays useful if you don't. Also boosts ur volley and passive), 2% attack speed (not sure, would give u 2% more dmg IN THEORY and gets weaker the more aspd you stack, does not affect volley) or 1% crit chance (gives you 1% more damage throughout the whole game, get's less effective if stacked with crit chance, gets more effective if combined with crit damage, does not affect volley)
So as you can easily see armor pen runes will most of the time be the best choice.
They are also good as quintessences (purple runes) but the AD ones aren't too bad either here (or defensive ones like flat HP).
Only against high armor targets crit chance is actually more effective. (if you have a 200 armor target and ignore only 50 it will boost ur dmg from 33,33% to 40% , so by 0,4% per armor pen. So here an armor pen rune will give you 0,8% more damage, a crit chance rune 1% more.)

PS: If you're wondering why I chose 50 armor pen as an example: 18 armor pen from marks, 12 from quints, 6 from masteries and 15 from brutalizer is about 50.
And one more word on aspd: aspd is cheap and easily obtainable from items, don't waste ur runes on it. (Plus as a kiter you don't benefit from aspd as much as from damage)

RShade

14-07-2010

thx 4 explaining

Picard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoheNudel View Post
armorpen on red and essences and mana per 5 on others works perfect for me

go brutaliser boots infinity edge then as-item, next item as u like and u win
qft

blue300

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-07-2010

I assume someone is gonna whine but I would recommend Atk spd and dodge to Ashe To get the PS in DPS and the little extra misses to save your life, also armor pen and CD red for that little extra attack dmg and fast abillities :P

My runepage 4 ashe looks like this atm

Mark: Atk spd. +1,7%
Seal: Dodge +0,75%
Glyph: CD red. -0,05% at lvl 1 (-0,9% at lvl 15)
Quint: Armor pen. +3,91

wich sums up to:

Dodge: +6,8%
CD red.: -8,1% at lvl 18
Atk Speed: +15%
Armor pen.: +12

If any got tips to get a better runepage i'd be happy ^^
and maybe I've helped someone too ^^

Nergál

18-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue300 View Post

Mark: Atk spd. +1,7%
Seal: Dodge +0,75%
Glyph: CD red. -0,05% at lvl 1 (-0,9% at lvl 15)
Quint: Armor pen. +3,91

wich sums up to:

Dodge: +6,8%
CD red.: -8,1% at lvl 18
Atk Speed: +15%
Armor pen.: +12

If any got tips to get a better runepage i'd be happy ^^
and maybe I've helped someone too ^^
Dodge is useless if u r going to get hit by a melee with normal attacks a lot u r dead anyway.ArP and AtkS is ok but imo better ArP on Marks too and with last whisper u pretty much have anyone at 0 armor except tanks.Glyph dont even need to talk about it CD red?To reduce what ur no cd arrows or ur 4sec volley to 3.9?maybe its a little good for ur ulti but then ull have to take clarity for 1 of ur spells coz without mp5/glyphs-seals or u wont be able to even cast it.