Give us a native Linux client!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chotaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

Seriously, being forced to use an O.S. i hate to ply a game I love makes me feel like I'm wasting HDD space in partitions, give us Linux(and why not Mac too) users some love already!

BlackKharag

02-04-2011

+1 - it may possible to play LoL with Wine or whatever, but the unpredictable crashes are a pain in the ass.

Incarnate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

You can run lol under Linux.

It can't be that difficult either, because I can do it and it took me a good 5 hours to install java the other day.

BlackKharag

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnate View Post

It can't be that difficult either, because I can do it and it took me a good 5 hours to install java the other day.
Run under Linux => yes.

But for me at least it crashes very often :/

Incarnate

02-04-2011

I've never had any crashes with it, but I've only played like...3 hours worth total of lol on linux.

..Mainly because I only have a linux distro for debugging

Chotaz

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnate View Post

I added the native word right for that, we want a client FOR Linux, not more compatibility from the current client with wine...

Boompje

Senior Wrenchman

03-04-2011

Well, the Mac client even isn't native.. I hope Riot will decide to write it native for both Mac and Linux, but i'm afraid they won't do that Soon™

Chotaz

03-04-2011

Things is, and I'm not saying some teams are priorized for others, but we've been getting champions twice a month and we can't even have 100% or 90% stability on our servers, almost 2 years since the first person complained about not being able to play in linux and we still acn't have that, but we have nocturne and lee sin to go for it . :s

Evoke War Vomit

03-04-2011

It's amazing they've managed to compile this pile of poo even under Winblows.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

03-04-2011

*approves*