Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

loss prevented in placements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XEZKalvin

Recruiter

01-20-2014

I've been doing my placements with a friend of mine and one match we had gotten loss prevented. Initially I thought it wouldn't count towards our placement matches but after taking a look at it it seemed that it did count as a lost game. Now I want to know if this is intensional or is it supposed to not count at all or count as a tie or something.

Graymane

01-20-2014

Same thing happend to me Loss prevented and i ended up getting placed with 9 matches this obviously points out it is not prevented.

Screw the Moose

01-20-2014

Hi guys,

this thread (http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1563580) provides the answer for you.

Merijn123

01-20-2014

Hey guys.

Quote:
XEZKalvin:
I've been doing my placements with a friend of mine and one match we had gotten loss prevented. Initially I thought it wouldn't count towards our placement matches but after taking a look at it it seemed that it did count as a lost game. Now I want to know if this is intensional or is it supposed to not count at all or count as a tie or something.

A loss prevented doesn't count towards your hidden MMR (MatchMaking Ranking), but i count as a game. I know this is weird, but you can just forgot the loss prevented game. It doesn't count towards your final score!
Quote:
Graymane:
Same thing happend to me Loss prevented and i ended up getting placed with 9 matches this obviously points out it is not prevented.

It is prevented, because your MMR is the same.