loss prevented in placements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XEZKalvin

20-01-2014

I've been doing my placements with a friend of mine and one match we had gotten loss prevented. Initially I thought it wouldn't count towards our placement matches but after taking a look at it it seemed that it did count as a lost game. Now I want to know if this is intensional or is it supposed to not count at all or count as a tie or something.

Graymane

20-01-2014

Same thing happend to me Loss prevented and i ended up getting placed with 9 matches this obviously points out it is not prevented.

Screw the Moose

20-01-2014

Hi guys,

this thread provides the answer for you.

Merijn123

20-01-2014

Hey guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEZKalvin View Post
I've been doing my placements with a friend of mine and one match we had gotten loss prevented. Initially I thought it wouldn't count towards our placement matches but after taking a look at it it seemed that it did count as a lost game. Now I want to know if this is intensional or is it supposed to not count at all or count as a tie or something.
A loss prevented doesn't count towards your hidden MMR (MatchMaking Ranking), but i count as a game. I know this is weird, but you can just forgot the loss prevented game. It doesn't count towards your final score!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymane View Post
Same thing happend to me Loss prevented and i ended up getting placed with 9 matches this obviously points out it is not prevented.
It is prevented, because your MMR is the same.