Annie support counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zanmato

17-01-2014

Atm. Annie is one of the best, if not the best supports out there with that damage.
But isnt Morgana support a counter to that? Max black black shield and you negate a lot of dmg and cc. With some CD runes and masteries it could be viable. Idk, thoughts?

Genjas Monobrow

17-01-2014

Anything tanky or with counter engage

Holo the Don

17-01-2014

Imho leona is a nice counter pick as Annie is very squishy

Red V01D

17-01-2014

Aegis < Locket

Bank

17-01-2014

Morgana, then no stun for annie.
+ heavy damage and CC

Jargos

17-01-2014

Leona. She can tank the dmg and Annie dies easily.

nwtfrutalkinabt

17-01-2014

Annie stun time reduced early levels so i think u dont need CDR runes for Morgana against Annie now.

OmegaCrime

17-01-2014

When i first tried Morgana support i thought that she was the ABSOLUTE support.
Very good early damage, root in place, multistun and more than anything "cc immunity" on target.
Your adc no longer has to start an aggression and bum, you just got stunned by the enemy support and they turned things around.
In theory she is the beast among beasts...
But then tragedy happened... and that tragedy was... reality.
In practical use a skill shot based stun at higher ellos (where players know how to dodge) that won't last that long (compared to Tresh and Nami for example) is not what you can count on for your adc.
Your ultimate takes too long to activate when you lack the def and life to survive a 3 men gang (and any team with more brains than a dinosaur would always charge on the support 1st), so all what you are left with is your shield that... with no AP to back it up after lv.6 is useless since a simple non cc cast will destroy the amount of the shield you can cast right away leaving the target exposed to the world cc just like before. And who will you shield? Your adc or yourself? You are the 1st target for aggression and by the time that you die even before lv.6 the shield you casted on your adc will be off by time.
Now don't get me wrong, that shield is superb assist at the game's start, however that is when you know that you will have early gangs to back up an agressive play and more than that, decent teamates... ... ...
Just stick to Annie for that

Regardless. Morgana is very good support for low ello. But to counter a good Annie don't put your bet on her. Annie will stun your entire team. Morgana will save from that one person only. Annie will stun in aoe. Morgana will line skill shot root you in place... Since the support is moving to prepare the agression you will most likelly end up rooting Annie and the opponenet's adc will move in to tell YOU hello... in kind WITH his Annie to still back him up.
To make a long story short, practical use proves that Morgana won't work as well

Thorstyle

17-01-2014

A ban. There is no counter to Annie support currently, the best you can think is a heavy poke lane like Karma + Ez that can stay out of range and do damage, but the moment you go in, you still might die. You could go with Leona, who can offer some counter CC, but again, one small mistake and you're both dead.

The obvious fix to Annie, is to treat her like all other champs who have a stun on demand; make it have a window duration that runs out. Imagine if twisted fate could keep his gold card up indefinitely, he would zone anyone out of lane from the fear of getting stunned. Now Twisted fate's gold card was nerfed for having a TEN second window. Whereas Annie's stun is up permanently AND is AoE.

Go figure.

Atermon

17-01-2014

The best counter to these supports is to ban them. I always ban leona, thresh and annie. Then the enemy support has to pick something trashy like soraka or sona and I procede to win my lane ^^