Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Reset & Placement Matches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rejoy

01-16-2014

Quote:
DarkPisces93:
I am in Bronze 1, was almost silver but premade afkers came along and I was kicked back into Bronze 1.

I basically played another 9 games in a row out of frustration while being frustrated and the result was me ending up in Bronze 2 because I was not in the right state of mind. I got myself back to Bronze 1 again and my lolkingscore is 1105.

With this lolkingscore what will happen if I lose more, win more or get 5/10 placement matches won?

0/10 placement matches will get me?
1/10 placements matches will get me?
2/10 placements matches will get me?
3/10 placements matches will get me?
4/10 placements matches will get me?
5/10 placements matches will get me?
6/10 placements matches will get me?
7/10 placements matches will get me?
8/10 placements matches will get me?
9/10 placements matches will get me?
10/10 placements matches will get me?

Maybe this will help you?

http://gyazo.com/1053539726eaa2012be9f931889f3c2f

Pillz

01-16-2014

When the new ranking system was implemented i won 6 out of 10 games and got put in Bronze V. So this is all bs lol

Nibl3s

01-16-2014

Quote:
blakewest:
0/10 bronze V

10/10 can get you into plat

That seems unlikely.
Seeing as players taking on their very first placements start with supposedly 1200ELO as default position and end up in middle Gold at best if they get 10/0 placements.

Now you have a guy sitting in Bronze I and having lost a lot right at the end of the season, I wouldnt estimate his ELO at more than 1050. So while Bronze V is certainly possible, i doubt that a 10/0 outcome would even get him to Gold at all. middle of silver maybe. And even that would require him to win over 500 MMR in 10 matches.

Rejoy

01-16-2014

Quote:
Pillz:
When the new ranking system was implemented i won 6 out of 10 games and got put in Bronze V. So this is all bs lol

I won 8/10 matches a got put in Silver 5, I think I got put in silver because I finished season 2 in silver elo.

fripSidê

01-16-2014

Quote:
Pillz:

3 Days ago maked acc lvl 30, 6 wins 4 defeats = Silver 3 for me.

xyphrace

01-16-2014

Quote:
AcidSmurf:
Isnt this for the hard resets?

Yes. That's more or less correct for someone that hasn't played any ranked games, or after a hard reset.

I highly doubt he could get plat. I'm guessing the highest he can get with that MMR is gold 3 if he wins all 10. But I don't know if they have the same impact as a hard reset/fresh account.

Nibl3s

01-16-2014

Quote:
fripSidê:
Before was like that:
10/10 Gold 5
9/10 Silver 1
8/10 Silver 2
7/10 Silver 3
6/10 Silver 4
5/10 Silver 5
4/10 Bronze 1
3/10 Bronze 2
2/10 Bronze 3
1/10 Bronze 4
0/10 Bronze 5

before what?

NyanGiraffe

01-16-2014

Doing very well in your placements would probably put you into low silver.
Doing bad will make you stay in wood league obviously.

Nibl3s

01-16-2014

Quote:
Pillz:

Possible, if you had 800 ELO before. 6/10 won with a normal elo and then getting into B5, THAT would be bull****, not in general getting a bad placement with mediocre results.

fripSidê

01-16-2014

Quote:
Nibl3s:
before what?

Before this Cristmas
But if seriously, just turn on logic:

Guy is Bronze 1, MMR ~1100 (in BEST situation for him).
Resets going like that: ur MMR + 1200 / 2 = ur MMR after reset and with this MMR u will start ur 10 games series.

In best case this guy MMR will be 1150.
Fresh accs start with 1200 by that formula what i typed.

Now, tur on ur head, guy with 1150 MMR will go in PLAT if he make 10/0? WTF? Gold 5 MAX. I think Silver 1 will be maximum, but everything happends, so Gold 5 could be too.