Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

the enemy got top (windmill), what now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penteano

01-16-2014

Oh gosh... you understand nothing I said.
Ok go try bot, let's hope the enemy isn't a Morgana that can shield herself and walk in the park in front of you and your teamate (like I do when ganked ^^).
As I said, IF you gank bot and FAIL it will be 2x bad (of course the enemy team must be attent, if they are it'll become 4 points under their control). IF. IT. FAILS.

Stephanovich

01-16-2014

It doesn't matter IF it fails as IF you do NOTHING you will LOSE anyway.

You're basically just saying no one should ever gank. What then? You can't try go for their mid all the time and throwing yourself at windwill won't do any good either.

Penteano

01-17-2014

Yeah I said to do nothing and never gank. Get over it please. u_u

Exotic Pretzel

01-17-2014

sorry Penteano, but you don't seem to understand what we are trying to say. A decision has to be judged the moment it is made, not after the fact. think about this. all your IFs are irrelevant.

P.S: i changed my name, i'm coffee

Lisas Tuk Tuk

02-05-2014

@Penteano

That's not right. Even if you fail ganking bot successfully, you just can't watch only that you failed. You cannot say when you fail ganking bot it's bad or it's good. Actually I'd say failing ganking bot isn't good. But you're 2v1, have you assumed your enemyteam may put 2 bot additionally just to go safe they destroy you bot? Or even 4? If so, then your gank was successful, you may now take their top and/or mid. With the 2 lost mates bot you just can revive, hold long enough bot against those 3 or 4 assuming you have poke and a bit tankiness. Your team has now top and/or their mid and tele back to help you rescue bot and destroy them. So they dive you 3 or 4 vs. 3 or 4 (1 should def top or control jungle) and when they dive, they get additional damage from turret, so destroy them, push their bot while one goes cap their mid. So they cannot put the whole force back on bot, and they cannot get it back as soon as possible.

What I want to say: It's so situational. Too many situations, you can't judge by such. It's just not possible. You always have to bear in mind what you and your team are able to do. Use your brain then use your mouse and keyboard. Otherwise you'll lose.

@Coffee

"Oh and yes, as long as you have top, ganks are not necessary."

That's just not right, as I stated, Dom is just too situational. Even if you have top, ganking bot can be a good idea (even better if you capped top at beginning and even better if you killed them all while they used all revives). You put additional pressure bot. While your team controls jungle they have to force one to go bot in addition. So the chance is really low that they can get top. If you have a GOOD jungle control, they probably get killed in jungle and you're able to get their mid.

I like ganking bot, because:

Most of the players play the "standard". Take 3, go afk at turret and def or control jungle. So if you put pressure now on bot, they HAVE to move, they can't follow their plans and they must follow YOURS. So while you gank bot you disturb them whereever they are and your team is able to capitalize on that with capping top and/or their mid.

A small hint: If you seem to lose, just break their team formation and get them distracted. Tap their mid instead of running dropwise 1vx top or even your mid. (But that was now offtopic.)

To say it a 3rd time. There are too many situations in Dom which are possible. And that's not only because there are 5 points to cap it's also due to the big selection of champs. You may agree that Rammus can focus better on ganking bot and backdooring than say a Katarina. The playstyle with Shaco is different, too. Capping enemy mid is easier for him (especially at beginning) because he just puts a box at the bush and tap. The time is enough to neutralize the turret. If you have a mate he can cc him more for a pretty much safe enemy mid-cap. But that's theorycrafting.

Keep in mind what your team is able to do and what they are good at. Logically, study your enemy team and their skills, too for greater success.

I have so far >1.7k wins in Dom.

aBananaSplit

02-18-2014

Amazing ! I just got 3500 RP code for totally FREE ! Come and download code too

>> http://*************/ <<