Lee Sin, the Blind Monk - Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jor3

29-03-2011

wow such funny riot people... gg you maked a cool champ aprils fool...i lold so much but not ... lee sin im sorry for you bro... he could of been such a cool champ if there wasnt 1 april.

Lord1box

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-03-2011

At first I was skeptical that Lee Sin would be a real champion, because based on his abilities, he seemed a bit... too strong. But now I've seen the champion spotlight I can honestly say I'm seriously disappointed.

First off, your screen is blurry all the time!? How the hell am I going to last hit minions if I can't easily distinguish their health bars??!!!
I can roughly see how much health a champion has, but I can't read the ffing numbers, because the Champion's ffing blind.

Then there's the positive effect, if you can even call it that. It only blocks the blinding effect from teemo's darts and not the damage it still applies. It also prevents Nocturne's paranoia blinding effect, which is nice... if you're able to decipher what's happening on the minimap, or what people are typing to you in chat. Even so, I must admit it might come in handy when facing off against corki's. It's just too bad Shaco's Shivs and Exhaust don't apply miss chances anymore, or this passive might have had some more use. As it stands it's really only effective against 1 champion: poor little defenseless teemo.

Secondly, his abilities are rather disappointing. The skillshots will probably not be so hard to hit, but targeting that defenseless teemo, when he's hiding behind his big palls nunu and Cho'Gath, might be hard to do when you're screen is blurry.

His Q and E look okay, but I don't see why you'd want to put a shield on a minion. And then there is his ulti. The damage is okay, but just like tristana you will have to relocate to behind your target or you'll shoot your target away, thereby saving him from utter defeat at the hands of your team. Already the trolls have begun their 'Booyas' and 'Hooogoooboos' in praise of this new tool. While the passive of the ulti seems gamebreakingly good, it only activates if the enemy is in range of their nexus. A place where a smart opponent won't face you unless they want to tast instant defeat.

Then last but not least, for a ranged, melee, tanky, dps, assasin, mage, tank support jungler he's a bit shy on health. Even with 6 warmogs he's only able to tank the nexus turret for a measly 5 seconds. And his overall health is only 3 hit points higher than an akali with the same items.

Overall an unimpressive champion. On second thought, maybe that's how they're April fooling us. By presenting a massively weak champion, that couldn't possibly survive in the current metagame. That would be subtle scheme indeed. And will this be the end? What macabre machinations has Riot for us in store? I shudder to think of it.

Imbaowner

29-03-2011

Lee Sin is Chuck Norris? OMG
I hope this is a joke on 1st april, this can't be happening :))

zloesolnce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

29-03-2011

OMG,what the OP!!!

Drey01

29-03-2011

My favorite line in spotlight is:
"Games don't end and players can't leave until i say so."

If Lee Sin come out, i will get him because i hate leavers.

Kryash

29-03-2011

If he's blinded for real, his sight range must be 0!

loffelaffe

29-03-2011

that was really cool.
release him this way, but for 10k rp only!!!

Stranjedi

29-03-2011

oh my God!! i lol'd so hard with that vid :D
thanks RIOT <3

Mar2

29-03-2011

So is he like the Chuck Norris of lol or the Bruce Lee of Lol?

Stvarach

29-03-2011

Hahahha best video in all categories !!!!