best support champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kidrael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-03-2011

Hi all, I plan to buy a support champion but don't know wich one is the best.
I am a teamplayer so I don't care if i don't kill anybody,just want that my team stays alive and takes the kills
I have 10k IP so I can buy the runes too.
Your suggestion ?

thnx

QGR

27-03-2011

janna, but you need to go with ad champ on lane.
but janna is simply the best support, because she is able to prevent ganks, interupt a lot of chanel stuff and can push away those AOE utlis.

The last Petunia

27-03-2011

Soraka imo is OP for a support, but then again she pretty much deals barely any damage.

She pretty much cannot run out of mana AND heals a decent amount. Soraka is incredibly underrated, but is one of the most helpful champions in LoL.

AdamWest

Banned

27-03-2011

taric, soraka and janna... are the best support chars...
but... support chars only rly work in premade teams... you may have the luck that your lanemate knows what hes doint and what he can expect from you... and rly use your support to own if possibel or not to get owned if fighting an unpleasent enemy lanecombo...

but... dont fear iam coming... there is another subclass of champs in lol the so called...
dadadadaaaadaaaadaaaaaaa...
the offensive support... lux and morgana... hm maybe theres another char but iam not sure...
lux is more the DD
morgana offers standing power and more CC but less pew pew...

with both chars you can effective support your lanemate... and make some rumble in the jungle...
so even if your lanemate isnt the best one you still can get some kills or dominate the lane...
thats why i prefer offensive supporters for solo games... imho

Miiu

27-03-2011

Well it's true that janna is considered the best support in the game but pick someone of the support champs that fit your playstyle. It's hard to work against mechanics of char you are just not comfortable with. Even though janna can do all that described by lecougar it doesn't mean the other support are less viable and given you have a hard ad carry in your team a janna next to their side will make their life definetly easier.

So support champ choises are:

Taric
Taric is good if you team needs a bit more tankyness and a stun for others to hit their abilties easier.

Zilean
If you want to focus on harassing the opponent during laning phase. His ult can be a real game changer. He can speed up his mates and slow the enemy so he is a solid pick if your team is lacking those things.

Soraka
Still considered the most up support in the game but she can work wonders too. If you thorwing heals are your thing go for her.

Sona
Is what you'd call an aura bot her main strength is making her allies aorund her stronger. Her short range aoe stun as ult is nice.

Just a short overview over some support champs because there are more of them around. if you have any indepth question feel free to ask.

Rashindamé

27-03-2011

sona or janna or if your good enough get karma i think shes pretty ossum too and deals some damage

A WiId Pikachu

27-03-2011

Taric, he can heal, provides A BUNCH of Armor to you and your allies, making them harder (laugh at teamfights with hard AD enemies.)
His Ult gives attack damage, he can stun, and since you already have yourself high armor, you can build him tanky or with a ton of auras, since you already have 2 auras.

Kidrael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-03-2011

thanks for all that you all wrote.

I am considering Janna ,soraka or Taric :/ .
Can anyone suggest me one of these ,sorry if im boring but I just wanna make sure I won't regret spending my 10k IP so I wanna be sure

Infinity 2209

27-03-2011

Kayle. Seriously under-rated and different champion. If you use her ultimate correctly it's game changing. Allow the squishiest player with high AoE to initiate(Like fiddle, ken etc) then shield him most enemys won't see the shield with all the particle effects of the AoE and other attacks that they'll focus him anyway giving you a indestructible tank and a sure fire won teamfight. Oh and she's VERY cheap so you won't waste much IP if you don't like her.

She also has an amazing escape. W(self) --> Q(enemy) --> R(self) if they catch up and then hit flash if need be..most games I used her I got around 2-3deaths sometimes even flawless.

Janna's okay for saving asses but doesn't do any damage really, same goes for soraka. Taric felt useless when I used him but that was a long while ago so I don't know about now.

If not kayle I'd choose zilean his harassment is amazing which is nice since most supports weak phase is laning.

AlbertHeijn

27-03-2011

Soraka is definately the best one if she can just stay back and constantly heal her team.
Zilean ult is OP as hell.
Janna takes too much skill.

Taric is a whole different breed of support tho.