Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What Happened To... ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Els236

12-06-2013

What happened to nerfing certain champions for certain game-modes?

Did RIOT give that up? Or do the nerfs made to Kassadin on DOMI and the nerfs made to Singed on 3v3 still stand?

If they are still in effect and this "test nerf on certain champs - certain maps" was a "success", then why oh why hasn't Nidalee been nerfed for Dominion yet?

Now, I'm probably going to be downvoted to oblivion for this, but please hear me out.

Now, a lot of people find Nidalee OP anyway, no matter what game-mode, as her kit IS pretty powerful.

However, on Dominion, I find her too strong. The amount of bushes on Dominion allows her to be using her passive nearly 100% of the time. Combine that with a very quick lvl 6 thanks to passive exp and this ends up her being in human form to spam spears from max distance while people are capping, which doesn't really leave them enough time to cancel capture and then dodge (resulting in a halving of your HP thanks to 500 dmg spear level 3), and the rest of the time her being in cougar form with ~520 movespeed, jumping from bush to bush.

This basically means that unless you chuck every CC you have on her and nuke her down in like, 1 second, she gets away nearly every time. This doesn't include a "clever" Nidalee who takes cleanse and then just ends up going 15/1 or something every game.

I just think that for Dominion ONLY, she needs a higher cooldown on her Pounce and maybe a damage reduction or range reduction on her Q.

Thoughts?

Penteano

12-06-2013

Or they could just get rid of blind pick and we can ban her from every game ^^

Krayer

12-06-2013

1. the nerfs are still there, check the first or second thread

2. nida is good, but not op. i play much dom and i see her quit often but most of them are to stupid to play her right. if u know nida could be near stand on a position that is hard to hit or that gives u the range to dodge the spear.

3. i dont know why but i think riot isnt really interessted in spending time and money into balancing the other maps. there are many champs that are totally broken, changes every patch. and cause we at EUW have no draft queue (cause nobody plays it and u will never find a game) its really annoying that there are non. since kassa was nerfed, lb and fizz really grown up at this map. i see them at least every 3rd game. also since they removed the 20% heal reduction with a reason that i dont understand, swain and (with the passivchange) taric are nearly unbeatable (1on1) behind the 15 min mark, cause of the passiv gold. and unfortunately, skill and expirience doesnt help against everything especially not when the enemy picks are to strong.

Els236

12-07-2013

well we know what RIOT is interested in LoL - it doesn't include properly balanced champs or decent servers

Els236

12-24-2013

Quote:
Krayer:
1. the nerfs are still there, check the first or second thread

I just checked the nerfs - they nerfed her traps! WTF!? The one thing that causes no problems...

It's the spears and the pounce that needs to be dealt with, not the darn traps!

Penteano

12-25-2013

Quote:
Els236:
I just checked the nerfs - they nerfed her traps! WTF!? The one thing that causes no problems...

It does cause problems. Vision in Dominion is very important if you know how to use it.
But the spear should also be nerfed and have a grahp fix as sometimes it's just impossible to see it coming.

Spacefrisian

12-25-2013

Nidalee strong?, its not so hard to dodge her spears, just a step left or right instead of staying in its flightpath and you will be alot happier (just try it). And even with her passive and bush overkill you can slow her down with items/spells that apply it.

Bęar Grylls

01-02-2014

ad

Stephanovich

01-08-2014

Quote:
Els236:

The traps were the biggest problem in higher elo games. Vision and jungle/bush control is the most important thing in the gamemode and her traps (and teemo's as well) gave way to much control.