6.12 Multiple Lag Reports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot tmx

Live Services Manager - Europe

06-12-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Summoners,

We're aware of multiple lag reports on forums and are currently talking to our bandwidth provider to solve this issue asap. We checked all services of our platform and are certain the problem is not on our side.

This issue seems to be related to the hardware failure which we saw earlier this week. Data center hardware failures like this one impact the entire network circuit and all underlying game servers, and we suspect this might have happened again. There are around 25% of our game servers on this affected circuit and games allocated on them might be laggy. We have already contacted our provider, as well as working with our Network Engineers to get this solved.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and we will keep you updated in this thread.

16:50 GMT Update: Ranked queues were disabled due to the ongoing problems with lag on our servers.

18:05 GMT Update: In order to troubleshoot the Lag Reports more efficient, we are going to need you to run the attached script and post the results in this thread. Thank you for cooperation.

19:30 GMT Update: As of now, we are also seeing issues with Spectator.

21:15 GMT Update: Our Network Engineers are continuing to work with our provider. We are also taking measures on our end to attempt to alleviate strain on the servers. We'll continue to provide you updates.

22:20 GMT Update: Spectator is now back and functioning as intended!

23:30 GMT Update: Ranked queues have been re-enabled at this time and loss forgiven has been disabled. We are still investigating the root cause of this incident with our provider.

02:37 GMT Update: Summoners, for an update from a Network Engineer who has been actively working on this issue, please see this post .

Attached Files
File Type: zip EU_Network_Diagnostic_Test_v5.zip (1,005 Bytes, 3390 views)

Aelthyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2013

Rawr fist post on riot buffon topic.

Maybe disable ranked, activate loss prevented and write a small notice in the left corner of your client telling people how guuud Eu West is.

Avila

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2013

wohooo, hardware is ****

Jackiekiki

06-12-2013

Its increible, we have to suffer the **** of EUW server, something that doesnt happens in the other servers. I think that is not only a compensationg from RIOT, is a formal apology, and something else beacuse this happens everytime riot does something in our servers. I will prefer no more updates better than having to deal with this everytime. Lost today 50 points,3 days ago another 40. It doesnt matter if it is server status, champions that cannot be used due to bugs, shop that cannot be used, ranked games that cannot be played, lag problems, server shut down. At least, before, when this happened, RIOT would appoligize or give us something. Skins, riot points, boost. But its incredible how some poeple have inverted hundreds of euros/pounds on this game( a lot more of what it will cost being a pay game) and are getting this ****ty service for there money. I ask myself how people can wonder why are there so little european teams on riot torunaments when they see thi **** of server we have. Seriously, i think riot should start looking for a solution, and fast, unless they want to start loosing players and money. Seriously, I am not even angry. I am sad and disapointed seeing how, every year that passes, American and Asiatic servers get more priviliges and EUW servers and worse each years it passes.

Crait2k

06-12-2013

deactivate ranked q then or make a loss prevent ...

DaWolfer

06-12-2013

GL !

danifra96

06-12-2013

This behavior is not tolerable.

Brother Roga

06-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot tmx View Post
Summoners,

We're aware of multiple lag reports on forums and are currently talking to our bandwidth provider to solve this issue asap. We checked all services of our platform and are certain the problem is not on our side.

This issue seems to be related to the hardware failure which we saw earlier this week. Data center hardware failures like this one impact the entire network circuit and all underlying game servers, and we suspect this might have happened again. There are around 25% of our game servers on this affected circuit and games allocated on them might be laggy. We already contacted our provider, as well as work with our Network Engineers to get this solved.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and we will keep you updated in this thread.
Are there any news on the progress of the new datacenter? Any estimates on when it will be complete?

xyphrace

06-12-2013

OK, cool, thanks for the update. I'll believe it when I see it. lolz

MandeIbrot

06-12-2013

You are a beast in customer communication RIOT, a beast!