Adc in season 4

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epicnight

25-11-2013

Hello summoners. Im Epicnight, a diamond 3 (currently) adc whos been playing ad for about 2 years now.

Im here to discuss the changes thats been made in the last patch and how it affects you as an adc player.
The reason is that ive talked to alot of people in my friends list whos also adc players about the changes, and alot of them have a very negative opinion about it. Some even quit playing adc entirely.

Now first of all i want to say that i understand every single one of you who feel really awkward as adc right now because i felt the same way. My first few games i felt very weak and it felt like a whole new game. It felt like my 2 years of ad playing was almost gone. But i started to do some research on what had actually change, and quickly found out that the game is almost the same as it ever was for us.

Its important for people to realise what the goal of this patch was. In short it was to strenghten the support role and their imapact on the game, but also there was a goal to prevent games from snowballing heavily into one teams favour. And so in order to do this, early game was nerfed.

What does this mean for adc?

The lane wont snowball as hard early anymore. You can no longer win your lane at level 2. In almost all of my games played so far i didnt feel like there was any point in even harassing before you have 2 points in your main harass ability, which you get at lvl 3-4. And often its not worth to play for kills untill level 6, unless your jungle helps.
Theres 2 things that are going to be different in your lane now and thats 1) supports are alot stronger now and a force to be reckon with, and 2) relic shield.

Lets discuss the relic shield first. I hate this item because it promotes stale and boring farm lanes where nothing happens. I dont think the gold part of it is op like some ppl say, i think the sustain on it is much more anoying. Like i said theres really no point in harassing before lvl 4. Supports should get this item and ive also seen alot of adc players pick it up. Is it any good on adc? Id say its personall preference. It doesnt really give you anything except for 50 hp and 6 hp reg. The passive only targets your support and doesnt affect you in any way except having a slightly richer support. Personally id rather use my 850 gold (the second upgrade brings the total cost up to 850) on damage instead and its worked very well for me to start with dorans blade this far. I honestly dont think its that hard to win your lane without the relic shield. Its still a skillmatchup and no starting items are gonna give you an unfair advantage.

Now lets discuss supports real quick. Its no doubt that supports are alot stronger this patch. Does it necessarily affect you that much in lane? The answer is no, it doesnt. And the reason why is that they need items in order to be effective, just like any other class in the game. Honestly i dont think this should come as a shock to anyone because we were alredy used to playing vs stupid stuff like annie support who could oneshot adc's in s3. The only difference now is that she can oneshot you... twice. Yea...
Theres ofc alot of other supports that are really strong now. Leona comes to mind among others. But if they start to get items on you and dominate you in lane it means that you played it wrong and gave them the advantage. Like i said, its still a skillmatchup.

So the things you have to keep in mind as you play now is that you cant really be aggresive from level 1 anymore. Its a waste of mana and they will just heal it up instantly with relic shield (not just the relic shield alone, but everything combined. The regen you get from taltents/shield, lifesteal and maybe even the feast talent). And if you choose to buy it be ready to deal no dmg untill you get damage items.
When i realised this it didnt take me many games before i got the adc feel back. I might honestly think adc is stronger then ever now that games doesnt snowball as hard anymore. Its alot easier to win games now if your other lanes lose, as long as you do good in your own lane.

Its still in its test phase though and because its a preseason patch things might change shortly.

If you want some adc champion advice ill share some i have had succsess on lately. I havent been able to test em all yet.
I had a great time on Lucian. Ive have a very good winrate with him and i feel like hes a stronger version of graves which fits my playstyle perfectly. I also think Corki is really good now because of the talent that gives both magic and armor penetration. As long as you can get used to hes new Q ability. Hes damage at lvl 6 is very very good. I also think Varus is as strong as he ever was, maybe even stronger. As long as you can get past the fact that he has no escape.

Thats my take on adc so far. I hope this post might bring some other adc back their hope and not give up on adc just yet. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Ill answer untill the post dies.

Good luck in your games!

Epicnight

FG Ryze Against

25-11-2013

thankyou for the enlightment and the tips, it's kinda what I needed D:

LoE Fsckface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-11-2013

great post, seems you experienced whole same problems as me

Epicnight

25-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsckface View Post
great post, seems you experienced whole same problems as me
Yupp i did indeed. It felt extremly uncomfortable playing adc and it was no obvious reason to why. I personally have a very aggresive playstyle so the early game nerf hit me kind of hard at first.

Nerf Irelia

25-11-2013

Thank you @Epicnight.
I started playing this spring and have been maining adc ever since.
As soon as i tried the latest patch out I felt like everything I've learned so far got washed away. It was really killing the fun of League of Legends and I'm still wondering about how i sort this out, and start enjoying the adc role once again.
Your post made it easier for me, I'll try my best to get back on track.

allchatignored

25-11-2013

So you put adc in solo top now and two bruisers on bot?
Then support can jungle, and support you later in the game,, rofl.. So the support is in the jungle and sometimes has to come to the adc lane and place wards there lolololol

New meta is right here guys!!!

Epicnight

25-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by allchatignored View Post
So you put adc in solo top now and two bruisers on bot?
Then support can jungle, and support you later in the game,, rofl.. So the support is in the jungle and sometimes has to come to the adc lane and place wards there lolololol

New meta is right here guys!!!
Not sure if i get your point. Is your comment suppose to make fun of me or whats your goal here buddy?

allchatignored

25-11-2013

no no, i upvoted you. And then i just threw out an idea that was a furthering of your thoughts.

So without a support in the lane you can play aggresive and the bruisers wants to have sustain so now a bruiser can build the relic shield and "assist" the other bruiser

Epicnight

25-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by allchatignored View Post
no no, i upvoted you. And then i just threw out an idea that was a furthering of your thoughts.
Oh alright. Well thank you then =)

allchatignored

25-11-2013

i put an edit to my post