Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

European Service Update November 2013

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Blitz

11-13-2013

3 months of horrible server service. Still no fix in sight. It's rather getting worse over time. I hope you step up your game next season.

Edit: Just had a game with early game having huge delay, when we were winning(me on a 7-2-6 ezreal) suddenly got kicked out of the game and couldn't reconnect at all. "Unable to reconnect, please check your firewall." Tried for 8minutes and when I finally got back into the game our nexus was on 25% hp. Well played, no loss forgiven.

Frazzletits

11-13-2013

Quote:
Errigal:
Summoners,
Amsterdam Datacentre Update - This is a huge project and when completed will be RiotÂ’s largest and most advanced data centre to date. We have a team onsite right now installing hardware and cabling and they're making great progress. We're targeting Amsterdam being live in the first quarter of 2014. The scale of this project is truly massive, so this is an ambitious target. To give one example: some of our new hardware is custom made for Riot so it's taking extra time and attention to get manufactured and installed. Regarding RiotDirect, negotiations are on-going with bandwidth providers and it's looking great so far.

Regarding 'custom made' - Did you take a look at http://www.opencompute.org/ ? Was this your final decision?
When you looked at addressing the EUW problem, did you consider opening many smaller datacentres in each european capital to handle the local traffic, with each locale linked back to each other to provide steady pings/garunteed bandwidth? Rather than having all users logging in and playing at a central location.

This should give lower pings across the regions as the links between each datacentre should give more stable/lower pings than your average player from russia connecting across europe using public connections to amsterdam/france or whatever.

Number One

11-13-2013

wow lol datacenter in Amsterdam would be even more lower ping for the dutch community.

Thewarlord1029

11-13-2013

Gifted my friend some RP and it charged my bank account and he hasn't recieved the RP. Please tell me its a server thing rather than you guys jacking my money.

MaxFeeder2000

11-13-2013

can i have season 3 back the servers was alot more stable back then....

i don't know what u ****ed up but my ping is now goes from between 70-110 all game long from a stable 43 (only in leage) and teamfights are just a cluster**** of freezes and champions disspearing reapering (no they are not kha'zix and vayne)...

so please just revert all changes and give me a stable game....

GAJO BOM

11-13-2013

Riot disable ranked if you cant fix you server... all team lagging super hard in the game i am right now ...

Dnul

11-13-2013

Rly hard lags now for 8/10 in the game, and no loss forgiven. I thought you was supposed to fix that people who get laggy games get loss forgiven..

Bellapple

11-13-2013

And again the eu servers are having problems, it have been like this weekly for the last 3 months. Horrible server service and still no fix in sight. It's rather getting worse over time. Im sorry to say, but u ppl have shown that u dont have what it takes to fix this problem.

ovbgames

11-13-2013

so ****ing awesome , is the amsterdam centre new , cus it will mean i get proberly a better ping

GoamX

11-13-2013

I'm getting fed up with the server issues, it's kinda sad that your solution is a datacenter being finished in the beginning of 2014, rather than being on top of things you are working in hindsight. Meanwhile the players get no compensation whatsoever. Maybe if they are lucky they get a loss prevented, but this is only when enough players have been affected. Most of the times Riot doesn't even notice it. Things like spells not casting when you're furiously pressing the button (not 'cause of high pings), high pings, chat disconnects, game disconnects etcetera...

Now that I've wrote this I'm just thinking Riot is not going to read or care anyways :/
Maybe it's time for one of the other Dota games?