European Service Update November 2013

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Errigal

Managing Director EU

13-11-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Summoners,

Now that S3 is over and rewards have been delivered (I hope you reached your goals for the season!), I wanted to update you on some of the things we talked about in last months thread.

Service Stability - The strike team resolved the chat and platform instabilities by upgrading crucial parts of the network infrastructure. More recently some of you also experienced issues that were tied to our network provider. As a fix, they performed a series of bandwidth capacity maintenances – the most recent one was last night. TMX has been keeping you informed about it in this thread.

Patch Deploy - 3.13 was relatively smooth, apart from some store downtime related to getting the Harrowing store content and Mystery Gifting set up. Everything was ok after a hotfix.

Upcoming Maintenance - Our next maintenance is a big one and will be the largest this year. It's another important step towards supporting the parts of EUW that are affected by traffic. We’re preparing carefully and aiming to do the work in early December. Our goal is ensuring you all have smooth gameplay over the Christmas period.

Amsterdam Datacentre Update - This is a huge project and when completed will be Riot’s largest and most advanced data centre to date. We have a team onsite right now installing hardware and cabling and they're making great progress. We're targeting Amsterdam being live in the first quarter of 2014. The scale of this project is truly massive, so this is an ambitious target. To give one example: some of our new hardware is custom made for Riot so it's taking extra time and attention to get manufactured and installed. Regarding RiotDirect, negotiations are on-going with bandwidth providers and it's looking great so far.

I'm personally excited about the progress I've seen on these tech issues and for the future of the European platforms. With this and the recent announcement that Europe will be hosting next season's All Stars, it looks like 2014 will be an exciting year for Europe.

Fawakko

13-11-2013

Keep up the great work

RiskyAndy666

13-11-2013

Is the store working now?
I havent been able to send skins all day!

Wildobagins

13-11-2013

When are the preseason changes going to be implemented?

Thanks

Dalv

13-11-2013

So where's the 20 IP boosts?

Ymir

Player Behaviour Expert

Follow Ymir on Twitter

13-11-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildobagins View Post
When are the preseason changes going to be implemented?

Thanks
You should know by now we'll never tell until they're ready to go

It's all coming along though and I can't wait to play around with the changes on live.

RiskyAndy666

13-11-2013

This is cool!!
LOL fix servers for christmas when Im in asia :P
Why can't I send skins or champs to people?
Is it just me?

knalkonijn

13-11-2013

Glad to hear this,

Hope you guys make sure our christmas playtime wont get interrupted by the maintenance.

All the current problems in the previous months were getting EUW players at the top of their toes, make sure christmas time will go without any major downtimes, cause this will even upset more players.

If you can achieve that, I give u guys a big thumbsup!

JumboBog320

13-11-2013

League is gonna be MUCH better. Cant wait for all the changes to come.

Ahanu

13-11-2013

I <3 Void

12345 ... 10