Season 4 MMR reset,

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TA Kamikaze UK

01-11-2013

you do know the pros all had smurfs this season and climbed to diamond 1 at least with ease? All these pros you refer to stomp low elo they have proved it many times. If you think they would get stuck in bronze you are off you're nut on crack.

Not to mention i was bronze 3, 3 months ago now I am plat and Im not pro. Ive also seen loads of my silver mates get gold. You get where you belong. If you are stuck in silver/bronze/gold you belong there till you improve or change you're attitude.

EoN Illusions

01-11-2013

Yeah it's not fair that high elo players don't go back to lower elo. Damn, they would have to stomp low elo players again to get their 50 smurfs back to diamond I leading to a new invasion of QQ threads about smurfs.

B4ttleFrog

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTE KILLAH View Post
They will never Reset the MMR of high elo players ,they never did that. All the high elo players never got reset back to 1200. Who ever was platinum in season 1 , was plat season 2 and 3 and here's the tricky part: They will be Plat/Diamond even Before Season 4 starts. Because they only lose a very small amount of elo called (soft reset). They all point you out when you say it's hard to play on low elo but they got no idea how it actually is to play on low elo. It's certainly not fair to the rest of us. The only fair way is to bring them all back to 1200 ELO. Then i want to see those superstars plat/diamond and challenger get back there. See how a pro jungler can carry his team when bot and top feel 30 kills in the first 10 minutes. See how a pro mid player can barely try to farm 100 minions and the game is all ready over. See how any of those high elo players can survive playing Solo queue with 800 elo players. Then and only then will everything be fair.

So people might ask themselves :

"Hey isn't it true that they all ready got up there once and surely they could do it again?"

The answer to that is :

No of course not! They got to platinum and above in the first & second season , when literally nobody was playing this game. When dedicated moba players came from dota from warcraft 3 and murdered their way to platinum on common casual gamers who were trying out League back then. Before you know it There's a guy now in season 4 trying to start playing League of Legends and he will try and will not be able to get up to gold while so many people got plat/diamond 3 years earlier and now make fun of him because their elo never reset and even though he tried his best to get to gold , there are those high elo players that are diamond BEFORE THE SEASON EVEN STARTS who laugh at him because with the current community it's close to impossible to get gold and higher unless carried in duo and tons of luck.

Try as you might , to deny it. I still had 8 out of 10 games with at least 1 or 2 afk in. And when all 5 players were on line the feeding and level of skill was below average. They say that there is no luck and if you got noobs the enemy will have noobs too, they say there is no such thing as odd , if you have afk enemy will have afk too : Then Someone try to tell me how come i had 8 out of 10 games with at least 1 afk and how come i always get the "bad" team? Sorry but 2 games out of 10 does not make the odds 50/50% so that you can "carry yourself". I don't think I belong anywhere else than where I currently am, even if i did drop 3 tiers in 1 night with all these great 50/50% odds everyone's talking about) Silver 3 80LP back to Silver 5 with 0 LP happened all ready. Justify that. If ppl are so good that they can carry themselves and if I sucked so much , how come no other player carried me? After all we all have 50/50% win/lose streak right? Wrong. So bottom's line is that: when I can't carry the team , the team always loses. Those are real odds not some fairytale 50/50% none existent chance. Buy wards-check , gank other lanes-check, roam a lot-check ,try to get a lot of farm-check, be supportive with the team-check, give them kills and set plays for them-check. I do everything a player needs to do but somehow I lose every time I can't carry the team. That's the cold hard truth right there. That's why 80% of the entire playerbase is stuck in bronze and silver.

Please don't just downvote me .. at least read what I wrote first.
I started down at silver 5 in s3 and solo carried myself up to platinum and now that im finally out of elo hell you want to take all that hard work away from me?

Sanox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

the problem is that you get a free skin for reaching gold.

having a soft reset puts some people alot closer to gold at the very start of the next season than others which is simply unfair. at the same time a hard reset would cause absolute chaos at the start of the season (but lets be honest it would be hella fun)

Förbanad

03-11-2013

Here's the answer to your question: It's a soft reset for S4, (1200+MMR)/2. Read it on Phreak's twitter.

Förbanad

03-11-2013

Quote:
May I then ask ,what the hell are you doing on the forums?
The forums are there so you can read ..you don't come to the forums to look at pretty pictures or play games. You come here to read. So how come "you don't even want to read" and also downvote someone else without even reading what he/she had to say just because you are lazy
Your trolling attempt won't get a serious answer from me, but I will mention that you won't get any better from playing vs bots all day, like you're currently doing.

Smoky the Bear

04-11-2013

Yeah the thing you need to realise is that good players can get a smurf up to plat in a couple of days. While you may be right about some S1 players being higher than they should, its not impossible to climb if you are good enough, you can regularly watch pro's do it over a couple of streaming sessions.

Also you have to consider the implications of a full MMR reset, if they suddenly threw all the good players in with everyone elses placement matches it would wildly unbalance things.

Agreed about the TL;DR thing though, I hate that, you are on a public forum yet you are so ADHD that you cannot be bothered to read more than one sentence? If so don't bother posting because you clearly have nothing important to say.

Sirius Nova

04-11-2013

I agree with the fact that the end-of-season rewards are easier to gain when you once reach plat/gold and I think its unfair, they should change it so that you must gain at least some specific amount of wins/ranks etc. before you can get it as if you start the season in gold you already got the skin Wohoo!!

but it would be interesting to see if there were a hard reset as the "pros" would be together with the "mortal" players and could actually help them (for few days) to gain higher position.

(To the fact with smurf accounts I think its so uncool to see 3 accounts of Mimer in challanger)

nLions Taijin

04-11-2013

Quote:
They will never Reset the MMR of high elo players ,they never did that. All the high elo players never got reset back to 1200.

DO you even know what MMR is or do you just trashtalk?

MMR is the Match Making Rating

MMR is NOT ELO

Your MMR will be changed in any preseason

Giratina

04-11-2013

Quote:
There's a guy now in season 4 trying to start playing League of Legends and he will try and will not be able to get up to gold while so many people got plat/diamond 3 years earlier
I started late Jan/Feb this year. I went to bronze 4 in placements after hitting level 30. I stopped ranked for ages. I got better at the game. I'm now gold 1 racing for plat before the end of the season.

123456 ... 8