Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why I get so long q time in Dominion now, and do it get worse?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triletters

10-27-2013

My 1st games was it around half minute I beleave. My last game my Q time is about 3 min if i not wrong, and it just so much higher now then before. I hope it not going to get over 5 minute that is just way to long to wait for none Ranked game for me.

I see now many people that have platium/gold even diamont but I seen silver/unranked people too... if that has something to do with it. But most of them have not played many games. I have not played so many Dominion games on this one account if that have something to do with it. 35 wins and think it was 18 loses.

What is a normal time for people that have a high hiden ELO in dominion with not so many games played?

Penteano

10-28-2013

I wait about 60 ~ 90sec. I have 364 wins.
But the amount of games you have won't affect much. I've been in matches with people that had 40 wins now, and with others that had 1k when I had only 60.
I just don't recomend to play Dom on weekends. I did this mistake again... I regret... a lot... =/
I'm not sure if ranks mean anything in Dominion but these last matches were pretty strange, enemy team with gold + plat players, my team with bronze and silver, some gold too but not in same div as the enemy.
I don't care about ranks as I'm not asking to win all matches, all I want is people that use some comon sense but on weekends it's rare xD

Triletters

10-28-2013

Ok I see. I feel my games was little easy in the start, but now I feel it more balanced for me, but the q time is much longer now. I mean the games is better now, but q time is a bit to long I feel... And if some leave it even gets longer, before the game start.

But thank you anyway

DeadlyBagel

11-01-2013

I usually wait 1-2 minutes for a game of Dominion so I can get screwed over against decent players with nothing but nubs on my side. OMG MINIONS *ignore tower* and just severe strategic mistakes. Like a Ziggs walking AROUND the enemy tower to the side I was sieging Lux from. She then could keep the tower between her and us and came out on top. Duuuuhhhhh.

Marandar

11-07-2013

I've noticed it too. Recently I get even bigger Q time of 3 min +. I don't know why, but it's happening since last weekend.

DoctorSnuggels

11-19-2013

I had this night 2 q-Times of around 15minutes...

BlitzedCrank

12-03-2013

during the early hours of the morning (3-4am gmt) it usually takes me about 60-70 mins to find a game for dominion. as it's the only mode i play this means i am restricted to play at certain times. personally i think dominion is LoL's selling point as summoners rift is totally outclassed by DotA, so they should make it more available to their players.

Penteano

12-04-2013

70min bro.. that is draft pick, right? I waited 20min in that queue and gave up. But blind is around 2 minutes the system will even put you with people that has 5 wins if needed, it's annoying when it happens but at least you are playing.

Nixon

12-04-2013

the higher you climb the longer you have to wait since there's just not that much players in dominion (especially with a good rating and who even bother queuing anymore).
you know youve waited too long when the timer resets itself after 60 minutes.. which has happened before, telling from experience. by the time it gets too long for you, matter of opinion ofc, try to queue up with more ppl. this might or rather certainly will shorten the queue, especially when its someone with a lower dom mmr. also, queuing during the night is worse than during the day, ofc.

> talking blind pick dom

Penteano

12-05-2013

If the game will look like that when I have 700+ wins then I'm lost I only play Dom and ARAM ^^