Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skarner's Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Markus Vakarian

10-22-2013

i tried it before it went off

Overall i like it. He didn't change so much.Yes the attack speed has been moved to Q and the slow to E but it's not important where they are.He just has the same things to use.

I think there is a bug in the attack speed though.He's getting much more than intended at second and third stack but this make me understand that maybe 24% at third stack at last level is too low.

He's getting 8% at first stack and 72% (instead of 24%) at third
When the bonus was 5% at third stack he got 45% so it seems it's "first amount x9"
I didn't check at second stack but i wouldn't be surprised if it was 8-24-72 (8x3x3)

this should be fixed but he also need a buff
5-7-9-11-13 instead of 4-5-6-7-8

New speed on W is good

E is good in lane when you face an enemy but if you gank from a side i think the missile width is too low.Or maybe you could add a trail that lasts for 1 second on the ground and if the enemy passes over it he's slowed
The slow is maybe too weak. at level 1 only 30%:
Volibear has 30% but lasts longer
Rengar has 50%
Sejuani 50%,last less but she has gap closer not just boost speed.
etc etc
Despite this i think it would be enough if it was easier to land. or if you don't want this you must increase slow percentage.

Ulti didn't change and it's ok

Last thing
Removing Heal force him to go only in jungle and not top anymore.That's a bad move in my opinion.
I know that you don't want a spell with 2 functions (Slow and heal) and i also know that putting heal into the shield would make that ability like Udyr's W and Lee Sin's W,but i still prefer the heal over the new and more powerful shiled.

Varangian

10-23-2013

Quote:
Markus Vakarian:
Overall i like it. He didn't change so much.Yes the attack speed has been moved to Q and the slow to E but it's not important where they are.He just has the same things to use.

Moving the as from w to q made him worse at taking down turrets as he needs targets to get the boost now. Moving the slow from q to e reduced his slowing power significantly by not allowing him to permaslow. He may have the same things to use, but it sure as hell matters where they are.

Markus Vakarian

10-23-2013

AS vs towers is not so important. I prefer having a better AS for duels rather than have it when i attack towers

At first levels the permaslow couldn't be applied unless the enemy was pushing hard and he was almost under your tower.
With this slow you can do it from distance and do it immediately,not at second cast.
The only problem is that they shold remove the cast time because if you stop to use the ability you waste time to reach the enemy.

In these days i'm playing Skaner in lane,even mid
Removing heal is a big loss for him in lane and i don't like it.

I would have made less changes to Skarner...

-Not losing AS if the shield goes down
-Make him slow at first use of q and then not triggering slow on the same enemy for 4 seconds (like Udyr's stun)
-Let him use auto attacks during ultimate,lowering the magic damage done.

....but the rework is not so bad.

Taari

Recruiter

10-23-2013

Hey, i just wanted to say my thoughts to the Skarner Rework.

The Ult is pretty unchanged = okay, since it was good anyways.

The E was pretty useless and felt, like if it has no impact at all.
Removing it or changing this skill completely is a good decision.

The Shield rework is also cool, removing the E Heal and buffing the shield is good, i like it.
AS on Q instead of W makes sense, even if it makes me pull down towers more difficult (while no minions for Q are there - so pretty often)

BUT: Why in god's name do you remove the slow on Q?
Skarner was all about LONG fights, chasing, and being a pain in the ass forever and a day.
Now you remove the permaslow on him, just to make it skillshot reliant (hello lulu e glitterlance and hecarim q on q) and 10 sec on cooldown. i don't like this.

PLEASE put back the perma slow to the Q and do something else with the E (e.g. make the attack speed buff to the e: marks everything in a row for 10 sec, if he attacks marked targets, he gets attack speed bonus. maybe something like that?!) you would need to decide what to level up and it would bring more versatility to skarner.
you would not be so hard permaslowed in early stages, because many will take AS for jungle clear and so the e. but skarner would have this chase kit into later, because teamfights in late game would not last so long (which is bad for skarner anyways who wants to make dot fights)

You would have versatility in skilling him up (which you want to), the E would feel more impactful, his chasing ability would still exist, without the Q being overpowered with additional AS,
and you could still buff the shield for the deletion of heal effect.

Q: same as now
W: more movement, higher shield.
E: heal removed, attack speed from w moved to E.
R: same as now

please do it. many skarner fans would love this, i am sure.

Markus Vakarian

10-23-2013

If you move AS to E it will be temporary buff...not permanent like in the rework
and how do you balance it^

like getting 5% AS for every enemy maerked hit (like the heal is now) ? it's ok in jungle but weak for duels....if you raise the bonus it would be OP for the jungle.

Or they can give him passive AS but it's no fun.