Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A possible solution to the Jungler/Support income issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Lonely Leopard

10-20-2013

Cross post from Reddit:
A while back I read a post by (I think) Morello talking about wanting to do something about the current 'issue' of Supports and Junglers having significantly less gold income than the other three roles. Now I thought of a possible solution and was wondering what you guys think:

Increased gold bounty for assists to X% of kill bounty when player has less than Y CS per minute, not counting the first two minutes.

Where I was thinking of increasing the bounty to 80-100%. Now this would make it both more worthwhile for supports and junglers to not take the kill if possible, as well as increase their gold income. Obviously the CS amount should be tweaked to a number where it is likely for laners to be above that threshold, while junglers stay under it.

It would have a few extra effects. For instance level one fights would be higher risk, higher reward, which might actually be a good side effect (level 1 fights are often interesting). Also players that fall really far behind in CS by getting zoned, will have a little more chance to get back into the game by picking up an assist when the jungler ganks. I dont think this is necessarily a bad thing.

One negative effect I can see here, is that it will discourage farming junglers, like Shyvana or Udyr, but then again if you're farming a lot you probably will gank less and thus be less affected by this.

What do you guys think?

Markus Vakarian

10-20-2013

Why not a mastery with the same function you are suggesting?
In the Utility Tree of course.
Usually i don't use utility tree for junglers but it could be interesting.....Movspeed while out of combat/lifesteal/spellvamp/GP10 and also the bonus gold from assists.

A Lonely Leopard

10-21-2013

That's a possibility. Although it would also influence certain laners.

Markus Vakarian

10-21-2013

i don't think adc or mid laners will take so many utility masteries just for that.

it could replace the "50 starting gold bonus"..with "40 bonus gold on assist"

REMagic42

10-22-2013

If they'd introduce such a mastery, I think that the main difficulty is that it should be right at the beginning / in the middle of the utility tree. If you put it too deep down (like pickpocket) many supports won't pick it up because they want to spend their points elsewhere. At the same time, if you put it at the very start, non-support roles are going to take it, which makes the mastery kinda redundant as Riot had to nerf it until it's completely useless anyway.

Markus Vakarian

10-22-2013

we are talking of bonus gold on assists...not assists and kills

Do you really think that a top player would renounce to get a kill and to many offensive or defensive masteries just to get that one?

A top champion wants the kill and a jungler with that mastery will be more inclined to let him