How to play Orianna vs Gragas?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fafryd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-10-2013

Hello guys. I'm plat on main V but I'm struggling every time when they pick Gragas vs my Orianna. He got higher mana reg, higher hp reg, bigger aoe, longer range, more mobility, more hp, more roam power.

How to play this as Orianna? Please tell me!

Meshari

20-10-2013

You have to be extremely good and rely on basic attacks and dodging most of his damage. If you hit him with basic attacks ...especially yours , then you will do high damage. After gragas has 3 levels of his Q he can farm from a mile away and you can't really do anything. You are better in team fights if he is not fed.

It is good that oriana has a counter, because for me she is extremely annoying with her zoning .

You can try to steal his blue with the jungler and also ask for ganks from the jungler.

Shinku EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-10-2013

Farm. You can try harassing him, it will be pointless. So just use your mana to farm effectively with your Q and to protect yourself.

There's nothing you can do against his health/mana regen, as Orianna has a pretty weak early game damage before you get Athene's and Sorcerer boots.

Vanafras

20-10-2013

In platinum I've found it pretty easy to beat Gragas with Orianna (bear in mind I'm an orianna main). Just have to pay attention to what he is doing. Stay behind minions to avoid getting body slammed, try to predict when he will q and move in advance. People usually have a fairly predictable pattern when it comes to their movements in lane and when they go for harass. If you can work his out it becomes way easier to avoid the skillshots. When his q is down you can just move up and harass freely with autos and qw. It all comes down to whether or not you're able to dodge the barrels. Even if you can't dodge them all, a quick e into qw auto harass in response is enough to at least go even if not win the trade.

M1GHTYMARKPG4O2D

20-10-2013

i got 400 gragas games ill give you some tips

- harass with auto attacks a lot
- try to walk unpredictably
- level shield at 1 so you can shield your self when he hits you with barrel
- avoid getting body slammed without creeps early, you will die (body slam splits the damage on targets it hits)
- be careful gragas might level bodyslam at level 1
- do not stand near his turret when he hits level 6
- you need mr glyphs agaisnt gragas if you got 30 mr you will get wrecked
- pick gragas once and learn his ranges
- when you just helped your jungler with blue come to lane a bit more safely, i always land a free barrel there lol
- push the lane to prevent him from roaming
- always pay attention to where gragas is on the map

Fafryd

21-10-2013

Thank you, a lot of insight and mindful thought in what you said. Thank you, really. Now, let's practise it.

ViG Akinator

21-10-2013

Im Maining both of them and i can say: u CANT EVER beat a good gragas in lane, stay back dodge barrels dont get into range for he e early lvls and wait for ganks... just farm and try to not die

Some tips to avoid dying: 90% of all gragas players hit their ult just at the corner, so if u step a bit forward it most of the times wont hit u at all. Same for the Q-Barrel, when u see him using it just walk into his face he wont ever hit those barrels and if hes far away keep away from caster minions he tends to oneshot them at lvl 9.
Also dont try to walk away from him when he is in range for his body slamm he will always hit u there, just walk in an 60 degree ancle towards him and 30 degree to one of the other sides, most of the times his e will fail then (idk might be a bug).

And last advice: if he hits u lvl 3 a full body slam to the face with his w active, then just ****ing flash away, best if u dont even get hit by the body slam, cause u will die or have to burn a flash lateron AND loose alot of health. Uve got about 650 hp at lvl 3, he might even get a lvl before u so ur just lvl 2 with 570 hp or so. If he hits that bodyslam thats a straight 120 dmg burst into ur face. Then he can do 3-4 basic attacks=another 350 dmg since ur armor is quite low and paired with 140 dmg from ignite and a 120 dmg barrel ur just dead or really really low AND u have to burn ur flash on top of it And most of the time im still able to flash into the turret give him the last basic and ori dies

MiidNyT

21-10-2013

Oirianna lost vs Gragas @ worlds

IscaladonSB

21-10-2013

You know not to stay inside the creep battle, keep doing that. Dodge his q by running at him. I find this useful against lux, gragas and even in situations, nidalee (when you are gonna be hit with that javelin, at least lower the dmg by running at him) These champions tend to throw their skill behind you since 90% of the people will run away from the enemy instinctively. Run at him, speed boost yourself and try to land some aa's. Farm a lot. If you see him leaving lane, go after him. If you are in such low health write down whatever lane he's going, ask your lane partner to leave if turret can survive or ask jngler to rush there to hold the turret, if he can't ask him to join you at mid to push mid turret, if not just do it yourself. Get abyssal after chalice. Just dodge skillshots, memorise ulti cd, get a lvl advantage via wraiths. If you don't feel comfortable with following him to a gank, gank another lane.

Mind games all it takes. I play both as well, I think gragas' bodyslam has a really low cd and drunk rage having 12 sec effect while cd was 11 sec (gives extra toughness) is pretty OP. Needs some work on cds.