League of Legends at school Your Freedom and proxycap

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blueboy007

15-03-2011

How to play League of Legends at your school, how do we bypass a proxy server, like the one at school?

If you want to play League of Legends but your school has a proxy server where the firewall blocks the game, what do you do?
You have two options.

Do not play at school.
or
Play at school but you will need to do a few things.

I’m going to tell you how you can use your freedom together with proxycap to play at school.
Sockscap doesn't work, because league of legends uses more than just one .exe file.

First you guys need to go to www.your-freedom.net
http://www.your-freedom.net/index.php?id=downloads
You need to make an account.
Then download the program.
Then launch the program.
Then press configure.
Then you pres the button : use wizard

Follow the steps in the wizzard and at the end pres OK.
Before pressing Save and Exit, you need to change something. At the tab > server connection >YF server > conection mode - set it as UDP
Now pres save and exit

Now you have your-freedom.

The next you need is proxy cap.
Go to www.google.com and typ in: download proxycap.
Download the program, instal it, restart the computer.
Now you need to open proxycap and edit a few things.
The first picture is the picture when you opend Proxycap.
Now pres go to ruleset>proxies.
And press there the icon ad a new proxieserver.
You should fil the gaps excactly like the 2nd picture and pres OK.

Then go to ruleset>rules and pres the icon ad a new routing rule.
You are going to do this three times. Because the game League of Legends uses three exe files to run the game.

The third picture is the picture how should add a new program. You need to put the default proxy to 127.0.0.1:1080 and you need to activate UDP at transports.

Then you should add program 1:
Riot Games > league of Legends > lol.laucher.exe
When you do this, you will be able to lauch the game.

Then you do the same for a 2nd program, you ad a new rule again.
Riot Games > league of legends > air >lolclient.exe
When you do this, you will be albe to see the login screen to start the game

Then you do the same for a 3rd program, you ad a 3rd rule.
Riot Games > league of legends > game> League of legend.exe
When you do this you will be able to connect to a game, otherwise you will have the error seen on the 4th picture.

Your proxysettings should now look like the last picture, now pres OK and you are almost able to play the game.

Go to Your Freedom, and pres start connection
Make sure Proxycap is enabled

Have fun in the game!
Now you should be able to play the game.
Have anny questions, post them here, i'm going to check this topic every week, or i'm trying to do that.

Disclaimer

I am not responsable for anny viruses. I'm also using this programs on my own risk.
Using at own risk.

Usage Times:

Your Freedom:
Free - Max 6 Hours a day And 15 hours a week
Paying - Unlimited
Proxycap:
Free - 31 Days usage period
Paying - Unlimited

I'm looking for an other program then Proxycap - Be patient i'l find one , i hope.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	6345
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	20972   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	7294
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	20973   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	6633
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	20974   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	5940
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	20975   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	5985
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	20976  

Diecron

16-03-2011

This is a terrible, terrible idea. First of all, if you're at school you shouldn't be playing games. Secondly, if you are at school chances are there's some sort of teacher or general authority who's going to occasionally catch you playing. If you get a leave because of it, you're ruining 9 peoples games

Just don't do it.

Also, your school almost certainly has a policy against this sort of thing, nevermind the cleanup job the IT guys will have to do when you install this crapware to the machines. It wastes time and resources.

Leillan

16-03-2011

Yeah, terrible idea, and the method you advise is crappy. Tried this software, it is a piece of junk that don't work well and has a limit. You should use a VPN instead, but i am not going to tell how to use that to run LoL at school, you are not supposed to.

There is a reason this proxy is here. Let's think a little : perhaps because, contrary to your home, you are not 1-6 people on the same connection but more like hundreds (depending on your school size).

And if you are on your school's computer, chances are you will not be able to install neither LoL nor this junk (and anyway, it is against some paper you probably signed to have access to those computers / network).

TL;DR : the method is **** and don't play at school

blueboy007

16-03-2011

terrible idea?

So you guys want me to play onle 5 hours a week?
You guys want me to play only at home in the weekend?

I play at school - I go to a boarding school - 5/7 days at school, sleeping at school -

I only play when i'm in my room, while i'm following lessons, i follow lessons
when i'm in my room, i play before going to sleep

So you guys will never play with 9 people when i'm playing

I only play on the moments i don't have to follow lesons, and when i don't have to study

So i understand that you guys don't like it, but i only play on the free moments

"TL;DR : the method is **** and don't play at school "

I hope you guys understand me why i posted this guide

ps: Don't play while you have lessons
play in your free time

blueboy007

16-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diecron View Post
Also, your school almost certainly has a policy against this sort of thing, nevermind the cleanup job the IT guys will have to do when you install this crapware to the machines. It wastes time and resources.

I got my own laptop, so the IT guys never see/get my computer/laptop

And i think you could put the programs on a USB

Leillan

16-03-2011

While I went a little overboard, well, your title is rather confusing (when you say "at school", most people, including me, will understand during lessons or at least when you are supposed to work) and anyway, this kind of thread does not belong to this board (you should find plenty of guides like that on pseudo-tech forums/sites).

Still, to have a network access, you probably signed something like "proper usage of the network" or whatever that should state you just can't do that (if you don't, better for you).

And, I insist, there is a reason why someone put a proxy here : I guess you are not alone on the network, and if anyone bypass the proxy, you will all experience slowdown. As long as you only play, it's fine (games usually don't need that much bandwith, from my experience), but some persons downloading/videochatting can ruin your connection really fast.

blueboy007

16-03-2011

the bandwitch the program is use is only at 7 kb/s Maximum - And that is more than enough for games

So downloading with this program:

IMPOSSIBLE

Agosen

16-03-2011

Before you people retort with these ignorant comments please learn what you are talking about, YF and Proxycap software works just fine, for playing a game of this variety you would have to purchase a subscription to your freedom and upgrade to the next one up (Its like 8 pounds a month).

Fair enough school you shouldnt be doing this, but it works well and I use it in my situation at University Halls, we have restrictions on our internet and I use this method to get around it so I can play games in my free time (Which, as I lvie there full time I have every right to do! I don't pay rent to be blocked from gaming).

Nice guide thanks for taking the trouble to educate people on how to get around pesky firewalls WHEN appropriate, perhaps add a disclaimer or such.

Agosen

16-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy007 View Post
the bandwitch the program is use is only at 7 kb/s Maximum - And that is more than enough for games

So downloading with this program:

IMPOSSIBLE
Btw, you try playing using without a subscription to play LoL and you will find pings of over 500 at least, mostly unplayable at least not at a decent level.

blueboy007

17-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agosen View Post
Btw, you try playing using without a subscription to play LoL and you will find pings of over 500 at least, mostly unplayable at least not at a decent level.
playing without a subscription is possible, that's how i do it

12345 ... 8