Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Future of EU West

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beats29

10-17-2013

Great News! Hope everything gets right and we receive the compensation we should all receive: a stable server!

Just for curiousity:

Quote:
Errigal:
Riot Direct – We know that the internet routing from you to our servers isn’t always ideal. In the past we’ve worked with partners and our datacentres to help direct traffic from you to our servers, but there are constraints that we weren’t willing to accept. With that in mind, we will be taking over the management of network traffic from players to our servers. We’ll be able to change how player traffic hits our servers, and can react quickly to changes/service disruptions and can constantly fine tune traffic flow to best suit players.

Can you please explain this more detailed? I personally didn't understand very much, I don't know if it's my english who's rusty though

Also want to coment something:

Quote:
Errigal:

Communication – You’re all absolutely right that a big weakness here (and one of the core reasons European players rightly feel neglected) is that our communication around service issues hasn’t been timely or sufficient in the past. We’ve taken great care to solve this, and I hope you’ve noticed an improvement in the visibility, frequency, and quality of our communications during recent service interruptions on the forums. Feedback is greatly appreciated here.

About this, I think the comunication shouldn't only improve when the subject is speaking about the servers, but also about uniting the comunity, chatting and changing opinions/points about some champion, remake or other subject

Don't get me wrong, I think the comunication is waaaaay better, but I think that comunication is important as well. I indeed think many "rage" and "spam" came due to that, on subjects besides server problems we just see Ymir responding to all and only few times Frostlab and Rincewind. But when you compare to NA (just a comparison, not a revenge) they have plenty of chat discussing about a champion or a game mode, etc. Even Xelnath comes here and speaks more than most of EU people. That I think it also helps a lot to decrease the hatred some players have.

Many Greets, and keep up the good work

P.S.: Ignore the flammers and insulters. That doesn't ressemble the entire comunity. Many people are mad and they complain (and they have the reasons to), but they know how to be. Flammers don't even benefit to the comunity, just ignore them.

Excalibur

10-17-2013

I approve of this.

Souli G

10-17-2013

Thank you riot

You finally gave us the information we wanted to hear. I hope the new server will be live soon. Any idea or rough estimate on when that will be?

RiotGeneral

Network Engineer

10-17-2013

Quote:
ArmenianCrux:
Does this mean people who live in The Netherlands will have less ping?
Thanks

We have not fully committed on what services will migrate to Amsterdam and what services will remain in our current data center. However it is the responsibility of Riot Direct to bring optimal ping to EVERYONE in Europe regardless of platform. We have some really smart dudes building relationships with major ISPs in Europe to optimize the latency for players as soon as possible.

Webbit

10-17-2013

I would like to thank Riot. I live in the UK, just moved back from the NA server to see a drastic change. People in EUW: Don't complain. It's not a case of favouritism - each set of servers is constantly being updated/upgraded to deal with the constant surge of people coming in.

Whether it was the worlds, or the new Jinx release (which was fan-freaking-tastic btw) - players coming in have grown like never before. Match Queues for lower levels are currently quicker than ever for me, so I can see that the player base for LoL is getting ridiculous!

mav

10-17-2013

Thanks to the team.

RiotGeneral

Network Engineer

10-17-2013

Quote:
KoD304:
Even if it is just someone saying "we're working on it".
That would make the fact that we can't play less frustrating.

Our motto is to be the most player focused game in the world. I strive daily to help fix the issues with the current infrastructure and hope that these changes will make playing our game easier and less rage inducing

Chager

Associate Producer

10-17-2013

Quote:
Geekthenet:
Thanks riot !

I think you could give the same kind of proffessional information you just gave us instead of only saying on the lol client that rankeds are down for (always same reason) DETAILS is key

One more thanks for this great post from riot

We're working on a message anywhere initiative that will provide better info on player experiences in more places. It's still at an early stage, but ideally we'll be able to message in a wide variety of places that players are (launcher, in game, etc as examples) but also be able to give more detail.

For now though, whenever you click on the message inside the client, it should take you to a forum that goes into greater detail about what is happening and why. If it doesn't, let us know because we're not doing our job.

Thanks,
-Chager

Celestial Cookie

10-17-2013

Honestly, this was all that was nessecary for me to restore some faith in you guys at riot.
before when i visited the forums, i couldn't find a single post from a riot member, wich gave most of us the impression that you didn't care.

and all that was just solved by a simple explanation of what you are doing to fix this issue.

thanks riot, faith restored.

RiotGeneral

Network Engineer

10-17-2013

Quote:
Jimmy B Rustle:
Can you shed some light on riot direct, how much of the internet traffic is riot going to be routing?

I can't get into to much detail about the amount, but I can say that we are significantly increasing our upstream capacity and taking our routed edge to the edge of some pretty serious ISPs in Europe.

With every ISP we add, we bring the routed "hops" closer and closer to the players until (hopefully), all traffic will take the optimal route to and from the data center, and the overall latency for players will lower.

We can't promise green ping for 100% or players, but the goal of Riot Direct is to bring the *Green* to as many players as possible.