Idea: Suggestion about behaviour "balancing" (Read inside for suggestion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monay

13-10-2013

I have been playing League of Legends since early Open Beta, well I play casually once in a while because I get bored of everything pretty easily over a lot of things so I cycle around my activities; League of Legends is 1 of the main activities in my list.

As I said before I play very casual and I pretty much only play ARAM. To me and many people ARAM is a way for you to be forced to play a character you've never played before, don't like playing, have no knowledge about etc etc. But people tend to rage at you for being bad at the game, character, lag issues etc. People end up calling you noob or something negative and it tend to usually result into a flame war that may actually ruin another player(s)' game play experience due to people's feuds and bad mannerism. But this get worst whilst you are playing UNRANKED; A GAME MODE THAT TRAINS YOU TO PLAY WITH REAL PLAYERS AND GET YOU READY FOR RANKED OR MAYBE JUST TO HAVE FUN, WITHOUT THE RISK OF BEING "DE-RANKED" OR DECREASE OF REPUTATION and people treat it the game mode as if you were risking something of importance to your game career and can ruin other player(s)' experience. The worst part to unranked games starts from champion select itself, for example a 5v5 game commencing like this:

• X has joined the game
  • Y has joined the game
  • Z has joined the game
  • Y: mid
  • X: Mid
  • Z: MID
  • Y: X has joined the game Y has joined the game Z has joined the game Y: mid I SAID IT FIRST
And after this everything will commence to a flame war leading to everyone having no time to organize the team and again the other 2 player's experience maybe ruined because of these 3 stooges.

The suggestion
My suggestions is as simple as veto system during character select. If someone doesn't want to comply due to a completely ill-mannered reason, the current team can vote him off from the game and get him replaced by a different player. Again this is all based on my own personal opinion but I think the "Name and Shame" rule should be implemented on this suggestion. Players who has a current situation in the Tribunal (i.e. Player is on a warning state for multiple offences) shall be embedded with a red exclamation mark by their champion portrait and team members can hover over this and will have a quick explanation of their offence. I would like the name and shame system to be added in because of parts of the community not taking responsibility for themselves and being inconsiderate towards other players.

Some of you may be questioning: "How can we replace the missing member with a role of our choice?". Well another idea to this is to have a 'Substitution' mode in the game mode chooser and a free mode.
Free mode will allow the player to pick the players to sort out the roles themselves, while substitution mode will place the player in a team with the missing role of their choice.

Problems About The Tribunal
The Tribunal can easily be "contaminated", for example when I got back into the game after a long period of leave (due to the community being "toxic") I played some matches and have said nothing but "glhf" "gg" or "gj" and about a week later I logged-in and received a warning about bad behaviour.

Tribunal should be screened and must be applied for people who are actually willing to do it for the good of the community and the people contributing to the Tribunal should show that they deserve to be in the Tribunal community and even might put back the reward system into it. This system should have a zero tolerance system applied to it, if someone is taking advantage of the Tribunal without producing anything of "Justice" should be excluded of the system and stripped of privileges to work in the Tribunal again.

Link to my representation of my suggestion: http://imgur.com/7RPOJHa
If you have any ideas, problems or comment about my suggestion; please feel free to input them.

Sloth Conqueror

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2013

Won't happen.
Vote kick isn't sucha great idea.

Also, you have no idea about the tribunal, please inform yourself before you claim stupid things.

Coolguy9000

13-10-2013

On your veto - HELL to the NO. Not even gonna bother to explain why because it´s obvious.

On name and shame - Not in-game because you'll get reported easier. However naming and shaming on the forums has this dumb rule that you can't do it, which I think should be lifted.

The free mode and substition mode, as far as I got it will not happen because Riot doesn't wanna enforce a
meta, it also seems like a really fun thing for trolls to use the subsition mode and pick a completely opposite role.

You're right about the warnings.

Agreed with the Tribunal screening system.

Sad part is Riot will never even look at this suggestion, let alone listen to it.

@Sloth: All he said about the Tribunal was that everyone is allowed to do cases, which is completely accurate, I could get banned, get unbanned two weeks later and start using the Tribunal out of some kind of deranged feeling of revenge. Pinpoint the part where he is wrong please? Other than that I see alot more suggestions than you´re reviewing, might wanna start reading posts if you expect to be taken seriously.

Luzifer1865

13-10-2013

Riot has at several occasions explained that there indeed players that go to tribunal and troll after beeing banned... They stay and do somewhat 20 cases and usually never come back so the impact of those people is marginal. Secondly Spamming pardons or punishes will also reduce the voteweight, aka the impact of the vote.

Besides that, many people here have invested quite some time into understanding the tribunal and the thought process behind it, Sloth Conqueror just to name one of them, and it is quite obvious to those people, me to name another one, that OP has not invested about 5 minutes to write his post but none into informing himself about the topic he intends to improve.

He doesnt even know the difference between the "automated ingame report warning" and a "tribunal warning".

Coolguy9000

13-10-2013

Let me start by saying it's in Riot's best interest if they don't have to put time and effort into the Tribunal and keep their "social experiment" going. I'm not saying they're lying but they can be pretty misleading and you sure as hell can bet your ass off that they're biased. Just something to keep in mind as you treat every Riot post like they are saints. They don't give us all the information for a reason.

I agree that people will get bored of false reporting, I don't know how many people get banned on a daily base but I'm guessing it's ALOT. So this is a constant problem that you've just put off as "no biggie" which actually it is. Much easier would it be to just not let people who got banned use the Tribunal, right?

And spamming pardons yeah, you're gonna get noticed in like 10 cases because your % is under 20. If you spam punish you might as well be one of the better, most efficient tribunal-users out there. What makes the difference between someone who spams punish and an actual user, like 5-10% less accuracy at best. And even if you were supposedly innocent you'll hear the "well you probably deserved or you wouldn't end up here"

He never mentioned that it was the Tribunal who send the warnings but it will eventually get to the Tribunal and with a 90% punishratio I'd wonder how it's possible that there's such a high punishrating with so many false reports. Which does raise the problem of not being able to judge people who false report if you have evidence of it which should be part of the Tribunal.

Sloth Conqueror

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2013

Quote:
I logged-in and received a warning about bad behaviour.
Right here, that's the sign for the Behaviour Alert.
If he'd be warned by the tribunal, he'd only get a notification that he has restricted chat for 5 games.

Luzifer1865

13-10-2013

Tribunal has a very high punishrate and you say thats the prove that innocent people get punished?
I say that proves the preselectionprocess to be very precise.

Tribunal is there to:
-give the cummunity a vote on whats ok and whats not ok.
-pardon those few that should not have ended up in it.

I do not think or say that riot tells us everything, they would be darn stupid to do so.
I do beleave Riot is a commercial company trying to earn money. Maybe they also have some emotional thing to boost esports, but that seems to be synergising well with making money atm.

Anyhow, reportspammers are on riots screen and they have several tools to handle them.
One of them is the frequent banwave for reportspammers, i bet you heard of them as they do it aprox. every 6 month, another one is the reduced reportweight for reportspammers. And those are only the ones they told us about. Yet i know they have more, cause with all the data... gosh i get a ***** from all the data these riot guys can work with.

Coolguy9000

14-10-2013

Preselectionprocess huh, never heard of it.

Thoughts on banning players from using the Tribunal after they got banned from the game, at least for a
time-period?

And please stop pretending there are no punish-trolls, just because you guys are so strict that you can't see the difference between a troll and a normal Tribunal-user doesn't make it any better, it just makes it worse. And even in the unlikelyness of there not being any punish-trolls, there should still be a screening process for pardon-trolls.

Just adding an option next to reports that would mark it as a false-report in the cases sounds alot more effective than waiting for Riot every 6 months. Especially if you start thinking about how they could possibly find false reports. If they dont end up in Tribunal you can't tell for sure if they were false or not. If they do end up in Tribunal even when your report is false there's still a good chance of that case as a whole being counted as punish, making your false report actually counted as a good report in term increasing your report-power if it was previously lowered. < Not very effective or accurate unlike my solution.

Sloth Conqueror

14-10-2013

Of course not everyone who got reproted is goign to the tribunal.
Only if you're reported in ~20% of your games, be one of the most reported guy of the player (~roughly 2% of the community iirc) and then there is report weight.
Riot isN't stupid, they know what they do.

Then, banned players can't log-in in tribunal while banned. If it should be extended, like two weeks after ban ended, is discussable, but I doubt Riot never thought about it.

Of course there punish spammer. No one here will deny it, what we deny is, that they'll have an impact.

And that option would be perfect? Nope. Let's say someone didn't misbehave in-game, but was toxic in the after game chat and got reported for it, does it make the reports "troll-reports"? Nope, they are simply not provable for tribunal users, they might be right though.
Then it seems, you still think every report creates a tribunal case. If someone is really spamming reports for no reason, it won't help him if one or two of the reports get to the tribunal and get punished. It won't raise his report weight to the max.

Coolguy9000

14-10-2013

There's a 29-page thread about false pardons, those are the guys who get a 15 or lower accuracy because they spam pardon, meaning they get kicked out of Tribunal in 2 days yet somehow they got you guys to fill 29 pages with complaints about false reports. Now you have punish trolls that blend in with the average tribunal-user like cameleons and they can probably do it for as long as they please without ever getting noticed. Yet somehow they don't have an impact because the outcome of the cases go hand-in-hand with your strictness and than it must be ok? Seriously?
Either way a screening process to wheat out smurfs, trolls and 12 year old kids, I don't see a problem with that.

Gonna take a page outta your book to defend my idea by saying "It's not perfect but it's the best we got" and it sure as hell is better than what Riot could possibly do. Pre and end game chat should be added by then. Nobody thinks one report gets you to Tribunal I even mention that in my case against Riots slow and ineffective way of dealing with these reports.

Quote:
If they dont end up in Tribunal you can't tell for sure
See?

And nobody is talking about report-spammers, I'm talking about false reports in general.