Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bsky

10-11-2013

I dont have access too PBE but sivir is my main so i d like to give my opinion about what i see ATM.
First i'm ok if u dont want to buff her range and prefer buff other things of her kit, its a choice i can understand, and for me this new kit give her a strong aoe burst in teamfights which is good for a low range ad carry.
Cause it means even is she die fast (cause her low-range) she already did a lot of damage with her burst.
There is something i cant see cause i didnt registered on PBE but the actual ricochet provide an auto-attack reset, and i think its something good cause its easier with that reset to make a little auto-attack trade against higher range ad-carries especially with the old bonus damage. But the new ricochet will surely be better in teamfights.

Archaön

10-11-2013

Awesome VU but crappy colouring as with DK Garen.

MORE GOLD to Spectacular Sivir boots and colour.And you forgot the arrows to PAX sivir boomerang,god...
adn btw Bandit Sivir weapon is totally destroyed,thnx god i never bouth that skin.Before is was de most intimidating boomerang of all her skins.

Laihra

10-11-2013

Tried her a bit, here are my thoughts so far:

• As far as I know, not much has changed to Boomerang Blade, so there's not much to say about that.
  • I like the spellshield changes. By removing the mana cost you aren't punished as you are on live when you don't block a spell, and if you do, the mana you regain is lower in total at lower ranks, but higher at higher ranks. Adding a small mana cost might be good however, since that would still punish you a bit for using and not blocking instead of just losing the cooldown. Especially on higher ranks the cooldown is so low it's not really a loss if you use it but fail to block something.
  • I like the change to Ricochet where it doesn't have a limited amount of targets anymore, which makes it a really good tool for clearing massive waves. What I don't like however is the fact that it has no AD scaling. Pre-6 the ONLY thing you get from it while trading / dueling etc is an AA reset. You get no damage increase whatsoever. And even post-6, you could argue that the attack speed bonus you get from it is a part of the ultimate, and not the Ricochet. In teamfights, I guess it's better than the live version, because the damage is identical for the 2nd to xth target, 60% of your attack damage. Added to that, the only thing you get from ranking it up is a 1 second reduction in cooldown, which might not even be enough in laning phase to take this as a secondary ability compared to spellshield.
    I like to see an AD scaling like on Draven's Q (ofcourse not as high), maybe like 105%/110%/115%/120%/125% on the initial target, and then 40% of the initial damage on all next targets. This still gives it some added effect to a 1v1 duel aside from the attack speed, but doesn't make it insanely strong for teamfights.
  • The ultimate not having a cast time anymore is a really big QoL change, which I'm really really glad about. I think it's a bit weird however to have the attack speed increase from Ricochet on the ultimate. To me, it feels like you had to do that to give players a reason to rank up the ultimate, because it's activation in it's current state is nothing more than a Shurelia's activation on steroids. Which is, if you ask me, downright rediculous. Sure, it's teamfight utility, but you might aswell have your support or jungler invest a bit in a Shurelia's, and you've pretty much replaced the entire usability of Sivir's Ultimate.

Considering the entire kit, I've got two suggestions:

As for Richochet, I would either add an AD scaling to it, or put the attack speed part on this ability itself, as to give an incentive to actually rank it up.

For the ultimate, regardless of whether or not you'd want to keep the attack speed on this or put it on Ricochet, I'd add something, either just for Sivir or something for the entire team. Something like giving it AD/AP or Spellvamp/Lifesteal or maybe even increasing the attack range of everyone by 25-50 or something. Something impactful, instead of just a glorified Shurelias activation on steroids.

Anyways, it was time Sivir got some love and I'm glad this time has finally come Can't wait for the final form!

Zandi

10-12-2013

I tested her right now and the VU is amazing, but i found a bug:
the boomerang blade doesn't give you the spellblade bonus on your next aa.

Volsung

Recruiter

10-12-2013

OK, the Bandit Sivir skin VU is awful, she has an amazing splashart and an entirely different model in the game. Different clothes, weapon, skin color and hair. I really hope this doesn't stay like this although it's highly likely since noone plays Sivir...

Hýpnone

10-12-2013

I think she look great, and the ability updates make her useable, but one thing. She need more attack range, to make she a real threat for the other adc-s in the lane phase. The 500 aa range is nothing. Caitliny 600, Varus 575, MF 550, Trist 550... I know, her W can use for poke, and doing some dmg, but its not enough. Just a little more range. Maybe +25, or +35. What you can do against a Jinx, or Cait? Almost nothing.
And her basic attack speed, is realy low. The passive buff is not bad, but not enough. And her ultimate? A spectacular shurelya. And the new lore make she a simple bandit. Need more honor, and heroism!
Btw, she is one of my favorit champ, because her unique style, but need some reinforcement to occupy the space now deserving.

Kiran

Recruiter

10-12-2013

What I don't get it why didn't you do something more alike to Chinese artworks. Honestly, I am a huge fan of Sivir, I like her skills, her lore, the rework on the original skin is just AWESOME...
But guys, Warrior Princess Sivir ? Spectacular Sivir ? What happened ??? I'm lost, I was expecting an outrageously awesome "Princess" and I saw this heavy protections on her legs and on her arms and this creepy hairstyle (ok, it looks like Xena, but Xena is still way hotter).

If I can suggest you something, and I know I will sound like a freaky pervert, but isn't she supposed to be sexy ? or at least her other skins made her look like she is a sexy warlord.
- Warrior Princess Skin : smaller arm guards and leg guards (she is not some hockey player, am I wrong ?)
- Spectacular Skin : well... It would sound wicked for some people, everything is ugly, she's nothing like Wonder Woman (except the colors).
- Bandit Skin : it would be dishonest of me if a commented this, it's my least favourite skin.
- Huntress Skin : that's what I'm talking about ! Wild and sexy !

Although the designer seems to have a general problem about her hairstyles, it doesn't really match the reworks on the skins. On the Spectacular Skin, her hair seems so stiff.

Concerning her skills, I have nothing to say/add. I'm happing about her range/attacks/... Even if it could probably be better personally it's the Sivir I like to play.

Laxtqjc

10-12-2013

Boobs too small, is RIOT crumbling under Feminist Buthurt?

Drop of Water

10-12-2013

Looks really nice and feels great playing her!
Also there is a minor glitch on the huntress sivir skin.
Her bumerang glitchs into her breast/chest at one end which isnt big but for a new visual upgrade shouldnt be like it, if you would turn the bumerang ankle a little back it may be infront of her breast/chest.
You can see it ingame and on the screens posted.

Edit: Except her Ultimate... that just got nerfd to the ground... The Aura was THE SKILL that made Sivir feel like a Captain, when buffing ur teammates for 10 seconds...now 6s which breaks down to 3 feels kinda lame and not worth getting it. Yes i know u get 80% AS on W but its still a big chunk of agility and dmg thats missing aswell as the usefull feeling popping her ult.

Hýpnone

10-13-2013

If we read the rioters answers, we can see they are dont want to buff her AA range, and base AS, because of some wierd idea, and they dont give a.. cheese when everyone cry for this. I think it should care about is that pretty much stays that way.. So what can we able to do?

Create a totally new ranged adc build, to minimize the mistakes! Now our base dd ability is the W, because the Q ate our mana, and usually the adcs like autoattacking... So we need tons of cdr, to maximize the usability of W, and AS for the same reason; and some health because we must take some serious dmg during the aproach (low AA range). Berserker boots (for AS), Zephyr (AD,AS,MS,CDR), Zeke's herald (life steal,AD,health,CDR), Black cleaver (health,AD,CDR,armor penetration), Infinity edge (crit,AD), Phantom dancer (AS,crit,MS,and you never stuck behind the minions during the ult). Or something like that. Maybe spirit of the elder lizard. Its just a one tested, but working idea. With this, we have a chance to do something, because spaming W, almost spaming Q and everything; and the rioters are happy, because there is a new build for an awesome unique champ. Maybe for first see its not a feedback, but it is, cause its see us, sivir is a usable champ. Not the best, but usable.
Btw, i think she need the AA range buff, because in the early game the enemy poke my ass out... And this low range a mistake, because i think that was the problem from the origins. The new champs just poked she out from the game.

Secondly. The tons of words above, didnt compensate the **** active phase of her ult. Because its completely pointless. Its just a Shurelia. Statikk said:

Quote:
As far as I know, other marksmen don't have access to Shurelia's especially at level 6.
Yes. Its grammatically true, but also meaningless. Because an ADC never buy a shurelia, and the supports usually using it for retreat, and just sometimes for chase. In teamfights its do nothing. Maybe u can use it for avoid the focus, and run out and in to tf, but if you do this, the enemy win, cause adc is not ther for 6-8 second, what is a really much time in tf. U want to chase after the tf? There is the shurelia, and the support has more chance to use it, cause usually the enemy focusing the adc, not the support. U want to retreat from the tf? Yes, there is the shurelia... Want split pushing? U can do that, but usually the team have a champ who do it better, and the split push is not the adc-s job. U are preparing for the tf, and do tons of dmg. If u need to run there cause u are in the other side of the map, you did nothing. The only meaning of this ult, if u want to chase somebody somewhere in the map in 1v1 or 2v1, or 2v2. But that is the assasins job... So this ult is meaningless FOR AN ADC. The passive phase is awesome.
Specially if we see for example jinx. She is now live, with tons of AS, tons of DMG (sometimes area), and ms steroid, and an awesome ult. What can Sivir do against she? Or against Cait? Almsot nothing...

And for the end, there is some totally subjective thing for her lore. I know they are never change it, because its need a tons of job, but.: The "battle mistress" title suggest some heroism, bravery and some honor for me. A "battle mistress" lead her army to the battle, in the front line, and fighting like a true hero. But now? Sivir is just a graverobber...

ps.: plz if a rioter reading the euw forums too, not just the na, do some sign.

pps.: you know what would make she totally unique? its a little ingame something, but you need to do tons of jobs, but totally worth. it would make she a fire coloumn between the adc-s. the constant AA while she running. if she do not stop at moments, the duration of the AA, while she chasing sb.