Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

10-11-2013

We've already been talking about Sivir and our plans to relaunch her; now that she's heading to PBE, we wanted to discuss some of the reasoning behind her changes.

Art and Visuals: As one of the earliest champions in the game, Sivir's visuals and effects didn't match the look and feel of newer champs. We've designed her silhouette around her weapon and improved fidelity and readability of Sivir in-game, giving her an aesthetic that matches the battle-hardened mercenary personality she's always had. New effects on her abilities emphasize the boomerang-like nature of her weapon, and should make playing Sivir feel more like dashing around the fight tossing ricocheting blades and whittling enemies down from unexpected angles.

Creative: When we revisited Sivir's lore in preparation for her relaunch, we identified a few mysteries we could explore. Our goals were to clearly identify her place in the world and deliver on the mercenary fantasy inherent in her story. Generic battle platitudes and lack of deep motivation previously made it difficult to become personally invested in her successes or failures. We've added new voice-over that ties in to her expanded lore and relationships. With more of her back story and a glimpse into her possible future revealed, players will have more opportunities to learn about Sivir.

Gameplay: Sivir has a unique feel among ranged marksmen. She's a powerful counter to spell-reliant champs and offers different skills for teamfights than many marksmen with her ultimate and passive. It was extremely important to us to ensure that any changes to her kit preserved her ability to split-push, initiate and counter-initiate while opening up new options for Sivir players. With that in mind, Boomerang Blade and Spell Shield still operate the same way, with some slight tweaks as we continue to test her. Ricochet can bounce to more enemies, although it cannot hit the same target twice. On the Hunt was redesigned to deliver a massive move speed boost, no longer have a cast time and we've reduced the cooldown.

We'll go into more detail about all of the ability changes once she's closer to going live, but we're excited to see how players on the PBE use her new kit. As always, we're looking for your feedback along with the testing that'll help us squash any pesky bugs.

Goldschuss

10-11-2013

I heard that Riccochet was a toggle on-off skill earlier. Sounds really interessting and is there any chance that this comes into disscussion?

Edit: Also Sivir's W "Spell shield" should've priority when popped. That means if she has banshees veil-shield AND her own spell shield, then she should pop her own shield first instead of popping both at once

Xyltin

10-11-2013

I tested her a bit and i think the changes to her E and R make sense and feel great.

My only problem: The R feels a bit weak overall. It gives no real offensive boost except for the MS.
The passive on it gives a lot of AS, but only when W is active and that skill has a decent CD (6 sec when maxed and the CD starts after the last of the 3 shots is done what will be around 8 seconds overall).

Maybe increase the duration of the R passive to be there while W is active and 2 sec after, or give her the AS boost also when she activates her ult for the full 6 sec duration.

Also lower the W CD by another second.

I also think that her missile speed is a bit low, or her animation so so slow (or maybe it was only the PBE delay that gave me that feeling).

I had a problem in some cases that I did one AA, activated W and the normal missile that was already close to the enemy did no dmg.

I tried AS and CDR on her together with AD, and in both cases it felt like she does not much dmg except for her early game maxed Q.
W + R doesn't do much extra dmg.
With CDR the W is pretty nice but the Q + W costs a good amount of mana when used to do the dmg, even later on.
The AS build makes her normal AA good just like every ADC, but she is still behind them in terms of range and overall DPS late game.

She feels not awesome strong early game, decent mid game but a bit weak late game.

I like the visual changes overall, except for that moment when she stops running. It looks cool when she did run a bit and then stops, but it is very funny if you only move a tiny bit and stop, move again and stop, ...

Solash

10-11-2013

Well can you please make her Ult castable while moving....

Xyltin

10-11-2013

Quote:
Solash:
Well can you please make her Ult castable while moving....

Quote:
On the Hunt was redesigned to deliver a massive move speed boost, no longer have a cast time and we've reduced the cooldown.

They did mention that.

Broodpaal

10-11-2013

I am glad she finally got a visual rework, it was about time... can't wait. I just hope you don't skrew up her gameplay, I like how she is now.

NaniK

10-11-2013

That VU is amazing, nearly all skins look amazing...
Just PAX Sivir... her goggles should have black textures instead of red (its black on the splashart)

Q seems to have more Range now - its sound is still global
W this was a amazing change, combined with her ult, this skill turned usefull now
E seems to see the same as before
R make it castable while moving...

VU is amazing
Her skillset got some tunes that could make her more viable
i like it

Cylch Dieflig

10-11-2013

You've ruined PAX's W. Why? It was amazing before, now it looks like trash. All it needed was a polish.
I don't understand how you can do such a great job of making the other skins look good, and ruin the easiest one to update...

Somnomim

10-11-2013

The only thing I have to criticize is Bandit Sivir... She looks REALLY boring compared to all the other Skins.
They all got an awesome new weapon, but Bandit's just looks like a crippled version of Classic's weapon. Her clothes are really boring too, it's just a dark brown mess with clumsy, fat boots. She looks like a cave-woman. Why didn't she get a cool new weapon as well?
Her face has kind of a strange color too, but maybe I was just imagining things there.

I really think it could use some touch ups, it's by far her worst skin now. I can't mention enough how ****ty her weapon looks compared to the awesome ones of the other skins and classic Sivir.

Arekualkhemi

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Dear Pwyff...

I am really happy with the screenshots and the changes to her kit so far, but as a Nasus main I hoped to get the answer in her new Lore why Sivir is considered to be Nasus' only friend and he never got mentioned in her Lore...