Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Heimerdinger is ready for PBE. PBE is ready for Heimerdinger. It is time.

Heimerdinger players have done an excellent job of showing us what makes them passionate, and our goal with the rework was to make those elements more interactive. To that end, reinventing the Revered Inventor meant adding depth of play to all of his active skills.

Heimerdinger’s new tools are loaded with opportunities to express skill, both in ability mastery and in overall strategy. He has the tenacity to recover from his failures and the power to define the game with his successes. From his first tinkering to his fiftieth victory, Heimerdinger’s power scales with creativity.

Passive: Techmaturgical Repair Bots

• Heimerdinger gives nearby allied champions and H-28G Evolution Turrets bonus health regeneration per 5 seconds.
  • 10/15/20/25/30 Hp5

Q: H-28G Evolution Turret
  • Places a Turret at target location. Turret attacks and beams prioritize Heimerdinger’s targets and enemies attacking Heimerdinger. Their Health increases with Heimerdinger’s champion level and they shut down eight seconds after he moves out of the area.

Heimerdinger generates a Turret Kit every 24/23/22/21/20 seconds (modified by CDR), and can hold up to 1/1/2/2/3 Kits at once.
  • Mana Cost: 20
  • Cooldown: 1
H-28G Evolution Turret Stats
  • Health: 150 (+25 / Champion level)
  • Attack - Cannon: 15/22/29/36/42 (+0.125 AP) magic damage
  • Attack - Beam: 50/75/100/125/150 (+0.5 AP) magic damage in a line, 12 second cooldown modified by CDR
  • Maximum Turrets: 3

W: Hextech Micro-Rockets
  • Unleashes a barrage of 5 rockets that converge towards your cursor and fan out past it. Each rocket deals 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.45 AP) magic damage.

Enemies that are hit by more than one rocket take 20% magic damage for each additional rocket, max 105/160/215/270/325. Minions take 60% instead.

Targeting the rockets closer to Heimerdinger increases their spread.
  • Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110
  • Cooldown: 11

E: CH-1 Electron Storm Grenade
  • Hurls a grenade that deals 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.6 AP) magic damage to enemy units and slows their Movement Speed by 35% for 2 seconds. Enemies in the center of the blast are also stunned for 1.25 seconds.
  • Mana Cost: 85
  • Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10

R: UPGRADE!!!
  • Heimerdinger's next basic spell is free and has bonus effects.
  • H-28Q Apex Turret: Places a Turret that deals 90/110/130 (+0.33 AP) magic damage with its cannon and 225/300/375 (+0.8 AP) magic damage with its beam for 8 seconds. It has extra health, charges beam twice as fast, and does not count toward the 3 Turret maximum.
  • Hextech Rocket Swarm: Fires 4 waves that deal 135/180/225 magic damage each. Champions and Monsters hit by multiple rockets take reduced damage, max 550/750/950 (+1.8 AP).
  • CH-3X Lightning Grenade: Throws a grenade that discharges three times, dealing 150/200/250 (+0.6 AP) magic damage each time. Both the stun and slow areas are larger and the slow is improved to 80%.
  • Cooldown: 100/80/60
  • Mana Cost: 100

Our goal with these changes is to give Heimerdinger the tools he needs to keep being Heimerdinger, while making him a deeper, more satisfying champion to play as and against. The essence of Heimerdinger is very well-explored by his passionate fanbase, and happily has nothing to do with the elements that made him toxic: a pattern of non-engagement and low skill differentiation.

For instance, auto-aiming rockets feel good but can’t play with the other guy in creep waves. Switching that to a variable “rocket shotgun” skillshot lets Heimerdinger do more cool things while giving the other guy a chance to play too.

The Revered Inventor is a challenging theme to get right, but any good blueprint rests atop a mountain of crumpled almost-theres. We’ve learned a lot from the journey and from feedback players have given us on earlier iterations. Heimerdinger is stronger for it, and it’s our hope that this time on PBE will polish him even more.

One last thing: RAISE YOUR TURRETS!

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

10-10-2013

Since 20thCentury doesn't seem to show up as a red post... I'll post!~

That bouncing Light Grenade is pretty hilarious, gotta say.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

There’s a couple things in particular I’d like folks to watch out for: I just added a hit-confirm sound that plays for Heimerdinger only, even if he’s off screen, to let him know when his turrets are shooting a champion. It should help him use them as wards and let him know how his turrets are doing in a cluttered teamfight, but I have some fear it might be annoying. I borrowed a sound from Katarina for the prototype—if it proves to be awesome, I’ll get a Heimerdinger sound for it, otherwise I’ll just kill it.

The other thing is a squirrely bug with RQ where the turret shoots an ice ball instead of its cool projectile and bugs out when its duration expires. Quite nasty, actually—it creates a zombie turret that does no damage but slows people, is invincible, and lasts forever. I really hope this is fixed, but if you see it, please let me know!

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
Since 20thCentury doesn't seem to show up as a red post... I'll post!~

That bouncing Light Grenade is pretty hilarious, gotta say.

Weird, I show up as red to me. Maybe some kind of morale boost? xD

Lord PapaDeNitro

10-10-2013

Oh and...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

heprea

10-10-2013

If only I had PBE account.
Cant wait to play new heimy whenever he comes out from beta test!

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Heading home now, but I'll be watching this thread for the duration. Thanks for your comments!

ElDee

10-10-2013

I managed to log in and mess around with him for a bit in a 1v5 beginner bot game. And I'm... conflicted.

On one hand, his new kit is awesome. Everything feels so much better, but familiar too. I love it. Every button feels good to press, there's much more to do while playing him, his new basic attack is perfect and I absolutely adore the new skillshot rockets.

On the other hand... his new kit is essentially the same as his old kit. Which means I still felt like I was absolutely worthless unless someone was stupid enough to fight under my turrets. In situations where any other mage in lane would've had an easy a kill, it felt like all Heimerdinger could do was force people to walk backwards a little bit. It still felt like the only kills I got were when the enemy AI derped, not because I aimed my Hextech Micro-Rockets between two minions and made them fan out to land the last hit, or because I landed a clutch stun on someone while a turret was beating on them.

Renekton Bot, Morgana Bot and Malphite Bot just walked out of range while I tickled them, no matter how many grenades I landed. Lux Bot and Ashe Bot never even got in range and would instantly double ult me if I ever tried to fight them.

Some of my annoyance is probably down to playing with 200+ ping, making it hard to follow up when I finally did land a CH-3X Lightning Grenade stun. And some of it is going to be because an area control mage isn't terribly useful if you don't have a team who needs an area controlled. But even without that and trying to see where his new kit fits in witha team... I'm not really seeing how this new Heimerdinger is better than the current Heimerdinger. He certainly feels more fun and involving to play as now and he seems like he'd be a lot more fun to play against.

But he still doesn't seem like a useful pick. And that makes me sad.

Aapee

10-11-2013

So... His turrets won't work if he is not in the area?

Jokefish

10-11-2013

I think a large problem with Heimer for teamfights is that no enemy team will actually go fight you if you have set up your turrets nicely in the area you are about to fight at.

What I would have loved to see is that his ultimate would allow you to place 3 (maybe 4 with ult?) turrets at once (like Jinx places her grenades, in a row or triangle/square)and perhaps consume only one charge of his turret-stacks. If his ult would have a duration again instead of on-first-cast, you could quickly reposition ALL turrets during a team-fight making them WAY more useful(perhaps a bit OP).

I haven't been able to test him yet, so perhaps these changes aren't as needed as I think they are because of the changes to his other abilities. But still I would love to see an option to place all turrets at once instead of one by one