Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

10-10-2013

Server should be up around 4 pm PST. Maybe 4:30?

Dj0z

10-10-2013

I haven't been as excited for a PBE patch since Lucian. Which wasn't too long ago, but i'm like, even more excited.

You pretty much became my fav rioter by even starting this long rework process, and i'm extremely happy that you've been listening to our feedback the way you did. I actually made a NA smurf in the first place for the sole purpose of being able to participate to this kinda of discussions.

Keep up the good work dude!

xKarma

10-10-2013

P: Cumulative Power
Q: Arcane Discharge
W: Unleashed Magic
E: Disrupting Blast
R: Magus Assail

best i can come up with...

RAD madness

10-10-2013

can we see some base damages and ratios please?

SHurrikan

10-10-2013

First off: I'm sorry about my bad grammar and english vocabulary. I'm german and do not speak english regulary.

I've read Xeraths lore and his old League Judgement and came to the thought that his skill names should have a little secret message.

Passive: True Power (it is a perfekt name and passive that describes Xeraths arrogance)
Q: Arcanopulse (i like that name really much)
W: Brute Magic
E: Impact or Imperfect Magic
R: Arcane Barrage (still a good name, i guess)

So? why would these names be cool?
If you read only the first letters of every skill you can clearly read "Tabia", which was(as i stated before) a close friend to Xerath. Tabia didn't want Xerath to get consumed by his hunger for more power and tried to save him, but failed. I think despite Xeraths arrogance he still wanted to live a normal life and therefore it would be awesome if Xerath has a little sign of hope on him. This small sign could be the hidden name Tabia in his skill names.

Another idea I recently had, was making the skill names like a timeline of Xeraths past life. The name could indicate up to five important experiences Xerath had. Maybe his Passive resulted in his first ability after he got possessed by his dream and his ultimate could be the last ability he recieved after turning into a arcane weapon of mass destruction. But i guess it is very hard to come up with names for something like that.

Wojche

10-10-2013

Tried it, like it a lot.
I never played Xerath much but when I did, I always found his root in for longer range very awkward while without it his spells really always felt lacking to me + his wave clear was below average when compared to other mid heroes. He was simply outclassed by many other mid heroes, IMO.

And pretty much all of the gripes I've listed are gone now. I think that with this kind of rework we'll see Xerath played much more. Good job, a much needed rework IMO.

H3nningBoii sw3

10-10-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Summoners!

The Xerath rework is here and ready for testing on the PBE. We wanted to help better shape Xerath to fit the modern League of Legends environment, improve the character’s feel and sell his fantasy as a mage commanding unleashed power.

I made a thread containing currently found bugs!
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1421763

Dj0z

10-10-2013

Okay now that i've tried it, i can confirm "reworked Xerath V3" is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
You nailed it perfectly.
Thank you so much. So, so much.

Laihra

10-10-2013

Haven't played him much yet, but here are my thoughts so far:

Overall kit feels very satisfying and works together quite well. EWQ combo to get people low, and try to snipe them while they run with the ult.

Point per point:

• Ultimate - I guess some people might find it a little confusing, considering it's a completely new mechanic, but for me it came almost natural. Had it under control after 1 attempt and even think it feels very intuitively after you have a bit of practice. Wouldn't change a thing about how it works, its awesome!
  • Spell Names - Ascension fits the spell really really well, since thats exactly whats happening. As for the others, I've never been that creative, I'll leave that to other peeps :P
  • Range - Even though I agree that it should be a high range, at the current stage I think it's a bit too rediculous. It feels like even rank 1 has a higher range than Kog'Maws rank 3 ult (I might be wrong here, don't know the exact ranges, but thats how it feels). I think this should be tuned down a bit, especially considering the current high damage and scaling. With some items and if you're a good sniper, you can pretty much 100-50 a squishy, if not more.
  • Relative Power of Abilities - I feel like the power balance between Q E and W is pretty good, but the damage from the ultimate is too high. It's base damage at rank one is 150 per bolt, if I'm not mistaken, which adds up to 600 damage if you hit all 4. This is more damage than the base damage of rank 3 of the ult of some AP champions. Add in the AP scaling and it's a hell of a lot of damage.
  • Skin VFX - Only tested Runeborn and Classic, but as far as Runeborn is considered, it looks very cool. Additionally, the particle effect of the Ultimate could use some work. In it's current stage, it feels really underwhelming. The missile itself is pretty cool, but the impact explosion just feels kinda weak. It's a tiny splatter instead of a big boom I would have expected. Preferrably I'd like to see something that matches the actual size of the damage area. Maybe the missile needs a bit of scaling up too to fit the new explosion size :P (This is probably something thats being worked on already, but I figured I'd add it anyway)
  • Audio - I'm not sure if it's my client, but for some reason I have no ability sounds whatsoever for Xerath on the PBE atm, so I can't comment on that just yet.

I'm really excited to see this rework go on live, for as a first glimps, it looks like a pretty amazing rework. Kudo's Xelnath!

xMalphas

10-10-2013

Well played him once in Howling Abyss vs a Jinx. Basically with our first items even me messing up my ult twice 'cause I didn't know how to use it, I killed Jinx without ult, pretty nice dmg, but then once I used my ult easy kills, was like 8 kills up, then he bought like two mr items which only totalled the mr to like 125, now I gotta admit my build was kinda weird I had about I believe 400 ap, but my magic pen was huge with boot and the burn item, however even though Jinx was 8 kills behind and had only 125 mr, I kept hitting Q it barely did dmg, I hit E and then W right in the middle, the W was decent but not that good either. It seems that the skills are all quite weak except for the ult which if you hit all the hits that hits for a lot. However I'm sure if I was Ahri vs that 125 mr champ with the same items I would have killed it so fast. I mean I had a Zhonya's to counter the dmg of Jinx, and even with me hitting Q, then E and W and then another Q the Jinx was 50%, I'm sorry but 400 AP with the magic pen that Xerath has on passive, plus boot and the burn item which I forgot the name of, I should have done a lot more. I mean how am I gonna kill a 200+ MR Shen or something, when I can't even kill an adc fast. Besides, old Xerath had godly dmg, that E + Q combo and then spam R's can kill anyone fast. I don't know really, I am gonna try it tommorrow some more I guess with a friend.