Pick order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyromystic

09-10-2013

I play ranked games regularly and I'm getting really fed up with people not communicating during the pick and ban phase. The reason they don't communicate? Pick order.

Frankly i think this is the greatest bs ever. Why wouldn't you communicate and try and sort out the roles of the people playing in a way that everyone is comfortable in their positions? People mostly are comfortable in at least two roles, but if everyone just starts picking, for the last person chances are that they aren't used to playing the role they end up with. And this isn't even only the case for the last person...
So then you get ingame and the people on top of the list are happy they get their lanes, but then they start flaming the adc who's never played adc. In my opinion they can only blame themselves because they put him there.
Sometimes people just pick their champs acvcording to pick order and others have to guess wether the rengar that got picked before wants to go top or jungle. Ofcourse they ask the player if he's going top or jungle and he just doesn't respond bc pick order is OP.

Well I say communication is OP... If you just ignore pickorder and try to sort things out by communicating well, you will always be able to get a team on roles they all feel comfortable with, resulting in much higher chances to win. Also no one will feel ignored and the tendencies for flaming will be much less to start with.

Who did invent this pick order madness? and why did it catch onto people making them communicate less and less?

Pickorder BS, communication OP!

Luzifer1865

09-10-2013

I am sure cominicationwinrate > pickorderwinrate.
Still pickorder is better then no order(aka callorder/lockorder).

In the end its a teamgame and if your team wants to communicate or not, we will have to live with it and try our best, we cant force people to communicate.

One more thing: attitude > communication

WuZoni

09-10-2013

I just hate it when people bi*ch in chat during draft pick. I'm sorry you don;t get that ranked and draft it pick order. If you want the Chaos that is callorder play blindpick, its the system we have now. Probably there is a better way we could do matchmaking but for now its pick order. Maybe we could have it that before you even start looking for matches you sign up for a role and get matches based on that way so everyone gets a role they want. But then supports would be hard to come across. I often have to dodge because everyone threatens to go 4 man mid bc thats all anyone wants these days adc or mid. Also why can't we be cooperative and reasonable for the only 40 f*cking minutes I will know your fake name, I mean seriously!

Luzifer1865

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuZoni View Post
... Maybe we could have it that before you even start looking for matches you sign up for a role and get matches based on that way so everyone gets a role they want. But then supports would be hard to come across. I often have to dodge because everyone threatens to go 4 man mid bc thats all anyone wants these days adc or mid. Also why can't we be cooperative and reasonable for the only 40 f*cking minutes I will know your fake name, I mean seriously!
1 The q-time would grow huge.

2 Riot doesnt want to enforce the meta by regulations.

Pyromystic

09-10-2013

sure i see the advantages of pickorder, but people are just interpreting it wrong. You should always communicate first and if there still is a problem, then you could follow pick order to solve it. But i'm sure pick order isn't the way to go. People just use pick order as a means not to communicate and that's just ****ed up.