Clarification on 5v5 "dupe" champion custom games

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-10-2013

Hey All!

By this point many of you have likely heard about the craziness of duplicate champions going on in custom games right now (and for those that haven't, check this video: http://youtu.be/fES4xl2namY). While we weren't expecting players to be able to play this yet, the response has been pretty awesome so I wanted to pull the curtain back and chat about what this means.

For the past few months, there's been a team at Riot creating original, experimental game modes for players to check out. The duplicate champion mode - we call it One For All internally - is the first mode from that effort we'll be sharing with you in the future. Featured game modes are intended to be unique short-lived experiences that we'll release regularly, and we're really excited by the possibilities. Cycling new modes will let us work with you guys to create new experiences that would have been difficult to do as permanent game features, and it gives us free reign to go mildly crazy. Also, cycling new modes in and out will allow us to keep these things fresh and focused from a gameplay perspective.

One For All will be a great launch mode and, as a designer, my mind's already looking to future possibilities. What types of game modes would you like to see? Our team wants to make this a very open development process, and your feedback will be incredibly important in informing what modes we should pursue and what others should be shelved. We're extremely excited to work with you guys over the coming months, and I can't wait to see what fun, unique experiences we'll be able to create together.

As for One For All… if you couldn't tell, it's currently incomplete and still has a number of bugs associated with it, so we'll be disabling the workaround that allows access to it later this week. That said, if you got the chance to try it (or if you've got some ideas on it), feel free to give us some feedback - and let me know who the OP champions are, so my team can finally win some of our internal playtests!

Contrary to earlier implications, no one has been banned for playing this game mode nor will anyone be banned for playing during the remainder of the time it is accessible. One For All will be making its reappearance before the new year with a bunch of new features (including matchmaking!), so you won't have to wait too long before you see it again.

In the meantime, have fun! Try out Fiddlesticks if you haven't: five Fiddles is one of the scariest things I think I've ever seen. It's just… birds all day.

Gross

08-10-2013

HALLELUUU!

But more ontopic, as for what features I'd like in the game mode, I think it would be nice to see stuff Syndra's of the same team being able to pick up each others balls (cough), Jayce's being able to shoot out of each other's um gate thingies or whatever and Zyra's being able to raise plants from other Zyra's seeds.

Cruciality

08-10-2013

friendly fire mode. So just like a normal game, but champions abilities aoe/skill shots etc can hurt your team mates aswell. Before anyone spams karthus issues. He only hits the enemy team so things like that still work fine.

Ymir

Player Behaviour Expert

Follow Ymir on Twitter

08-10-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Pro tip: Five Garens vs. Five Darius with one skin on each team to be leaders makes for a blast.

In the game of Garens you spin or you die.

Also throw those ideas in here, get wild, and be sure to give feedback too!

Gross

08-10-2013

Delete trap/stealth revealing items. They kind of kill the fun of stealth and traps in such game mode, especially if EVERYONE has stealth and traps.

Cruciality

08-10-2013

Nightmare mode. permament low vision, like nocturnes ulti perma up, or perma zoomed in camera.

Vzh

08-10-2013

There has always been a idea at the back of my mind.... maybe like 5 man dungeons that you need to clear.. I don't know if It could work to well. But it would be alright

Edit: also, this could help build teamwork as it isn't as serious as winning and you can also implement different team styles.. such as you need a supp for the healing etc.

Déath Márk

08-10-2013

Nothing can beat 5 vs 5 karthus................PERIOD! ........................

DEATH IS COMING!

Clunch

08-10-2013

So this implicates that there is no negative thing on the servers because of this? That would be great and i can spam that gamemode the next week long till it gets closed ^^

TADekker

08-10-2013

Hardcore Mode - NO Hud Only the Players and amount of kills.

So you remove the players champion as well, and the item list when you click on the enemy.

1234511 ... 27